Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
154 views
Hi,

assume the following scenario:
A panel with four groups.
The last group should always be visible.
From the other groups only one at a time should be visible.

My approach was:
A panelbar with ExpandMode SingleExpandItem.
Four panel items - the last with Expanded and PreventCollapse set. (that's the one which should always stay open).
The first panel item set to Expanded - it shows my initial selection.
-- By the way this could be another panel to - later I'll set the "initial expanded one" in code behind.
Anyhow - for simplicity - I do the expand in markup.
So my panelbar looks like this:
Snippet created with CBEnhancer
<telerik:RadPanelBar ID="rpLeft" OnClientItemExpand="OnExpand" runat="server" Width="150" ExpandMode="SingleExpandedItem">
    <Items>
        <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Root1" ChildGroupHeight="120" Expanded="true">
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 1_1">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 1_2">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 1_3">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 1_4">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 1_5">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 1_6">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 1_7">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 1_8" Selected="true">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
            </Items>
        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
        <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Root Zwei">
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 2_1">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 2_2">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
            </Items>
        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
        <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Root ZweiA">
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 2A_1">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 2A_2">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
            </Items>
        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
        <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Root Drei" PreventCollapse="true" Expanded="true">
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 3_1">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 3_2">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child 3_1">
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
            </Items>
        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
    </Items>
</telerik:RadPanelBar>
The initial look is exactly what I want.
BUT - when I select (let's say) the second group the first group doesn't collapse.
If I (after this) select the third group - the second group collapses (as it should) but the first stays still open.

I can now manually collapse group one.
From now on single expand (partially) works.
There are still side effects.
Sometimes group panels stay "marked" - although collapsed correctly.
Sometimes groups stay open (multiple at a time).

Reproducible - if you click on the "PreventCollapse" - every opening of the following items keeps the currently open group open.
Example:
Click on group one - one expanded - all other collapsed - OK.
Click on the "PreventCollapse" item - nothing happens - OK.
Click on group two - two expanded - BUT item one stays expanded.
Click on the "PreventCollapse" item - nothing happens - OK.
Click on group three - three expands - BUT One and Two stay open.

Just a note - when I remove the "PreventCollapse" everything works as expected!

Manfred
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
96 views
Hi,
I am using usercontrol for eidting RadGrid. The javascripts written in usecontrol are not called but then I move these scripts in main page which has grid it works fine.
Why it does not work when I write then in UserControl

Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
3 answers
143 views

Hi,
i would like to access and embed video files stored on separate file server via the Telerik RADEditor Control for MOSS.

The approach i am trying to do is create a virtual directory in IIS using UNC path (pointing to the file server and the directory where the video files are stored).

I am unable to access the virtual directory (the path is http://localhost/videofiles -> referring to a file server \\10.42.54.36\Shared\Videos using the Telerik RADEditor Control for MOSS and using the mediamanager or other links on the telerik radeditor control for moss.

Let me know how do i access the video files stored on a file server and embed them into the Telerik RADEditor control for moss. The RADEditor control is stored on a webpart page on sharepoint site which is a different server.

Your response to this highly appreciated and required  urgently.



regards
Ram
Senior Solution Architect
Zensar Technologies Ltd.
Pune, India

Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
198 views

I have just started developing a new site using the same Visual Studio 2008 setup as for other sites,
but on this site I am seeing a strange problem with the RadWindow (black skin).

1 ) The title bar has no background image.
     ( It is plain white instead of the black 3D bar)

2 ) The corners of the window are very small white triangles instead of transparent

A very similar site I developed a few months ago uses a very similar colour scheme, including the black skin on
the radwindow, and it is perfect.

Can you suggest what I can try to diagnose this?

I am using Q2 2009 version.

The actual window declaration is like this:

<telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindowModel1" runat="server" OpenerElementID=" <%# ImageModel1.ClientID %> "
    NavigateUrl="~/windows/display-model.aspx?Title=Chateau%20Yquem%20Model&img=archi-big.jpg"
        Animation="Fade" VisibleStatusbar="False" Height="600px"
        Width="840px" Skin="Black" Title="Chateau Yquem Model"
        BorderStyle="None" VisibleTitlebar="True" ToolTip="Chateau Yquem Model"
        KeepInScreenBounds="True" BackColor="Black" BorderWidth="0px"
        ForeColor="Black" Left="0px" Modal="True" z-index="9900" Overlay="True">
    </telerik:RadWindow>


Thanks

Clive.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
123 views
Hi everybody
I have two listboxs , the user will do drag and drop or transfer from listbox1 to listbox2 , what i need is to preserve the listbox2 items into session variables so i can acces thems after that on other pages of my web application !
Any one knows how to do it ?
thanks
Hassen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
5 answers
162 views
Hi, i am using the xmlhttp panel to update a html detail view on row click in a grid.

function rowSelected(sender, args) {
                var key = args.getDataKeyValue("IdAnagrafica");
                var panel = $find("<%= RadXmlHttpPanel1.ClientID %>");
                panel.set_value(key);
                editedRow = args.get_itemIndexHierarchical();               
            }

It's works fine, but i have to update a toolbar server side (ascx) according to values.

In

 

 

 

XmlHttpPanel_ServiceRequest(object sender, RadXmlHttpPanelEventArgs e)

 

i set the values for toolbar but at runtime i have no results.

i have tried client side to update with ajax manager the control in  

function OnClientResponseEnded(panel, args) {

but in that way i have no content at all in xmlhttp panel without have the toolbar changed.

Is there any way to do this ?

thanks in advice
Andrea


Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
3 answers
81 views
I have a regular aspx page that pops open a radWindow.  That radWindow opens another radWindow.  Inside the second radWindow, I have a silverlight player.  When I navigate to this page in IE, it works just fine, but when I navigate to it in firefox, it does nothing.  I can see a white box where the silverlight player should be, and when I right click on the box, a silverlight properties menu pops up, but the media never plays.  If I navigate to a silverlight player somewhere else on the site, it works just fine, as long as it is not in a radWindow.  Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance,

-- joshua
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
8 answers
498 views
I like how the RadTextBox has the Label property that automatically creates and associates a label with the Text Box.  Unfortunately the control set is not consistent.  RadComboBox does not have such a property.  I am sure that there are other controls that could also benefit from having a consistent API set.

Could we get Telerik to add the Label property to the RadComboBox as well as to other controls that it makes sense to add it to?

In my years of experience the API sets that have a consistent set of properties and usage are always the best and most used.  This is because we already have enough going through our heads.  I don't want to learn another set of calls for every different control in an API toolkit.
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
7 answers
385 views
I have the following code

      <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBoxCat" OnClientSelectedIndexChanged="setText" runat="server" Width="138px"  EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"  Font-Size="8pt" Font-Names="tahoma" ForeColor="White" skin="comboSkin" />
  
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
    function setText() {
         
        document.getElementById("<%=btnsearch1.ClientID %>").click();
  
    }

RadComboBoxCat.DataSource = dtCategories
                RadComboBoxCat.DataTextField = "subject"
                RadComboBoxCat.DataValueField = "subjectcode"
                RadComboBoxCat.DataBind()
  
 Private Sub btnSearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles btnSearch.Click
            Dim url As String
                        Dim str = txtSearch.Text
            For j As Integer = 0 To str.Length - 1
                If (str.Contains("+")) Then
                    str = str.Replace("+", "%2B")
                End If
            Next
            url = hrefpath & "locate.aspx?search=" & RadComboBoxSearch.SelectedValue             Response.Redirect(url)

End Sub

So the combox Box will load items in it with the 1st one diplayed and one try to click on any item the function as shown will redirect to another page.But my problem is when i click on 1st item the function is not called since the comboBox considers that the index was not changed. How can i do that without adding a dummy text and value as 1st item?
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
3 answers
93 views

I have a grid without paging and scrolling enabled since we want to list all entries together. It has a GridClientSelectColumn column and only 2 data columns. Usually the data is 100 rows or less, but In certain cases, it can be 1000 or more. In those cases, if I scroll down to the bottom, the first item I select take 2-3 seconds to occur and then throws this error message...

"Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive."

The prompt has a Yes/No option to click. We obviously don't want this. For what it's worth, when the script error pops up, the row is selected, so it appears the script was waiting for the selection to take place before throwing the error. But again, it's only on the first selection; after that, further row selection is instant.

Don't know if this helps, but if I remove the GridClientSelectColumn column, the error still occurs about half of the time, but not every time.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?