Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
118 views
Is it possible to hide a custom toolbar button?
I know I can disable it by using set_state(-1), but would rather hide it.

<tools name="noteTool">
    <tool name="tbiNote" showtext="true" Text="Mark as Note" shortcut="CTRL+SHIFT+N"/>
</tools>

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
188 views
I was having the issue discussed on post (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/async-upload/known-issues-and-breaking-changes.aspx#1274202) So I downloaded the latest internal build and it is fixed. However while looking into this bug I also found that my temp files were not being deleted after the default 4 hours.

What is the mechanism for deleting temp files? is it on the controls load or other event that this occurs? and how does it decide which to delete?

What can cause this issue? and is there a fix?
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
6 answers
133 views
I have a grid that I want to set the footer text to a datafield in datasource the grid is bound to.  How can I do this?
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
114 views
Hi,
Is it posible to move the plotArea of chart to the right by a couple of inches? I want to have more space for my labels (screenshot attached)
Thanks
Quan
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
7 answers
295 views
hi
 We have a gridview,which has a column Description.The column shows information icon image.We have used rad tool tip manager to view desription of a row in gridview. This works fine. But the problem is when there are many rows(50-60), page becomes very slow.Because for each row there would be a Rad tool tip manager. Please suggest what would be the best way to impliment it, so that the page can be a bit fast.

to resolve this we thought to have rad tool tip manager with load on demand. But here problem is when we hover mouse on image, OnAjaxupdate() gets invoked followed by Page_load. It becomes a proper postback. When we hover over the mouse on image, It loads the page again and the tooltip pop up gets disappeard.

Please suggest what to do?

Regards,
Braj  
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
84 views
Hi all!

I´m trying to build an application that will load usercontrols dynamically. Each new user control loaded should replace the previous one on the main page.

So, the main page have a Panel that will be used as a container for all dynamically loaded webcontrols. When this page is loaded for the first time, it will check the previous loaded user control and will reload this just like happens on the "Load user controls" example provided. The only diference is that the controls is recreated just after loading ViewState data, on a overrided LoadViewState method.

Firstly, the WebUserControl1 is loaded. There is two buttons on it. The first, just check if the RadLoadingPanel is working. The second when pressed, dispatch a event that will be intercepted by the main webpage. Then, the webpage will clear the container panel and will load the WebUserControl2. We can see the RadLoadingPanel poping up just after pressing the 2nd button but, when the process finishs, the WebUserControl1 is still visible while WebUserControl2 doesn´t .

If I disable AJAX, everything works as expected.

Am I doing something wrong?

Attached to this there is a simple example that you could use to reproduce the problem,
Thanks a lot!

Regis
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
90 views
Hi,

I have a Rad menu with a itemTemplate and I need to highlight the item when I am on mouse over.

Any ideas??

Thank's
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
87 views
Following the Getting Started guide in th current docs I have added a RadListBox to my page, added a number of ListBoxItems and then clicked on the Add ListBox link. The result can be seen in SS1.jpg

-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
180 views
I have a setup where a custom content provider is used for the RadFileExplorer.

Which content to load in the FileExplorer is not know at time of page load, but is instead known after a button handler has fired. Is there a way to "re-populate" the FileExplorer (force the FileExplorer to re-run ResolveRootDirectoryAsTree() etc)?

I've only been able to make the FileExplorer run its "population methods" (ResolveRootDirectoryAsTree etc) if I initiate it in Page_Load (setting ViewPaths and ContentProviderTypeName). Doing the same at any later stage doesn't trigger the population methods.
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
84 views
Hi Telerik Support Team,

Sometimes when calling up the spell check option, the sub window is blocking the words being corrected (see the attached example)

 

Is there any way to show the suggested replacemets left or right of the mispelled word?

Thanks, Vlad

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?