Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
17 answers
319 views
We are currently using Moss2007 with the free sharepoint editor 4.5.1.0 that comes with 7.3.2.0 RadEditor.Net2.dll
We decided to write some user controls that would host the RadEditor
Trying to use 7.3.2.0 dll  inside a user control gives:
The type 'Telerik.WebControls.RadEditor' has no constructors defined

Downloaded trial full .Net version 7.1.0.0, which worked fine for user control development
Then In Moss 
placed the dll in the _app_bin folder and copied RadControls folder of the trial control to
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\7.1.0.0__852c9eb6525c1b53
Set the RadControlsDir in web.config to point to the above directory
Referenced the 7.1.0.0 dll from within our user control 
Now we have the sharepoint editor and the asp.net version co-existing in Moss.

Question
Is this the right way to set it all up? 
Isn't there a way to have only one RadControls folder that would drive both controls?
currently we have one under 4.5.1.0__1f131a624888eeed and one uder 7.1.0.0__852c9eb6525c1b53

Thanks,
Rudy
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
0 answers
103 views
Hi To All,

I want to share my experience with this issue and how I solved it. I Googled and searched in this forum but did not find a solution for me. The solution actually is quite simple, it's just a matter of not setting the Visible property of the RadEditor to false. So here's the issue.

I received the error when I have the RadEditor in a user control that is being loaded in another user control (although I believe the problem will be the same if there is only one level of user control). I have a RadEditor in my user control that is set to not visible - Visible="false". In my user control I override the Render method and I have this code: 
protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    {
        // some code goes here
 
        base.Render(writer);
    }

The exception is thrown at line "base.Render".

I want my RadEditor to be not visible initially and make it visible based on some logic. So what I did is instead of configuring the RadEditor to have Visible="false", I set the property in the code behind. I don't have the most detailed explanation why this happens and I definitely would appreciate if someone can explain it.

Thanks,
Von
Von
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
94 views
Hi,
i,m newbie for radchart control. can you help me out to design the chart. i mean how to change the value of Y axis and X axis. label for x axis and y axis.

Please help!

Regards
Ravi
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
188 views
Hi,

I observed a telerik information in one of the demo application. http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/controls/examples/integration/gridandmenu/defaultcs.aspx?product=grid

I could not observed in the telerik controls list and when tried to copy paste from the demo application then fired an error.

Can you please suggest me where I'll get the telerik information box ?

In above application it is used as :
<telerik:InformationBox ID="InformationBox1" runat="server"> Right-click the grid to open context menu.</telerik:InformationBox>

Thanks,
Prayag
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
172 views
I have a grid in which I'm using the pivot layout.  Since the pivot layout uses autogenerated columns, is there any way to format the columns data.  I have mixed text and numeric data returning and I would like to format the numbers (ie ###,###,###,##0).  Is there anyway to do this?  I'm using SQL SERVER as my backend DB and from what I know there isn't any easy way to format the numbers on the backside. 

Thanks

Mike
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
129 views
I try to add codebehind class for  FileBrowser.ascx
but it always cause "could not load type xxx.xxx"  error, the type is the codebehind class.

this happens when i try to modify RadFileExplorer in FileBrowser.ascx to add customized column.
the default column in RadFileExplorer doesn't display right icon for fileItem whose name don't have extention.

Any help would be much appriciated.

duan
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
147 views
Hi,

I have a page and a user control. The aspx page has an ajax manager and fires a loading animation when controls are clicked on this aspx page.

However, the user control which is loaded into a panel (Main_PH which is ajax!) does not fire the loading animation etc when any items in the user control ascx are clicked!

Below is the aspx code:

......
  
<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="Default_RadCodeBlock" runat="server">
  
        <script src="Javascript/Jquery/jquery-1.2.3.pack.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script src="Javascript/Jquery/jquery.jclock-2.1.1.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  
        <script type="text/javascript"> 
  
........
  
            <!-- set up clock -->
            $(function($) {
                $('.jclock').jclock();
            });
  
        </script>
  
        <!-- Loading Panel -->
        <script src="Javascript/Loading Panel/Loading_Panel.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  
        <!-- Delete Department RadConfirm Prompt -->
        <script src="Javascript/Telerik/Delete_Department_RadConfirm.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  
  
    </telerik:RadCodeBlock>
      
</head>
<body id="home">
<form id="Default_Master_Form" runat="server">
  
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="Default_ScriptManager" runat="server" />
  
  
    <telerik:radwindowmanager id="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" Skin="Default" Animation="Fade" AnimationDuration="300" DestroyOnClose="True"></telerik:radwindowmanager>
  
  
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="Default_RadAjaxManager" runat="server" 
        DefaultLoadingPanelID="Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel">
        <AjaxSettings>
  
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Main_PH">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Main_PH" LoadingPanelID="Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel">
                    </telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
  
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="LinkButton_MM_Inbox">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Loading_Panel" LoadingPanelID="Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel">
                    </telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
  
  
              
  
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
  
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel" runat="server" Skin="Default"/>

<!-- main content area -->
  
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="Main_PH" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>
  
........


The user control code:

<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy_Admin" runat="server">
   <AjaxSettings>
  
       <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="LinkButton_ADMIN_CompanySetup">
           <UpdatedControls>
               <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Loading Panel" LoadingPanelID="Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel"/>
           </UpdatedControls>
       </telerik:AjaxSetting>
  
   </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunny
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
6 answers
167 views
Hello Admin

     I  downloaded Q2 2010 (version 2010.2.713)  demo version.  I created Layout listview like http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/listview/defaultcs.aspx .  it's working fine. but When I set EnableSEOPaging=true, the layout will not working. when I clicked next page or numeric page. the layout not correct.

    I need your help. maybe it's bug.

   I will waiting for your reply. Thank you
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
17 answers
1.1K+ views
I'm currently using the trial version of RadControls for ASP.NET.  What I'm trying to do is insert a web control into a GridTemplateColumn in the MasterTableView in the RadGrid control.  All works out fine, but the one thing that I've been trying to get to work is to not have the horizontal scrolling.  I've tried everything from the forums of using the NoPadding CSS to add to the tables, the RadGrid, and even the template columns and everything.  Nothing seems to work.  The one thing that I did find interesting was that if I don't use the NoPadding CSS and leave the cellspacing and cellpadding properties to the defaults, when I do get the message " Telerik.Web.UI 2009.1.527.20 trial version. Copyright telerik © 2002-2009. To remove this message, please purchase a developer version.", everything seems to fit in the RadGrid just fine (no horizontal scrolling).  Is this because I have a trial version?

I can set the percentage width of the MasterTableView to like 95% and that will make it so that there is no horizontal scrolling, but when I do the drag and drop, I have all that white space on the right because the row doesn't fill up the entire table row.

Can someone help me get going in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Kai Thao
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
213 views
I am trying to use filter property for which i got a suggestion to use this thread
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/combo-select-existing-item.html suggested by Yana from Telerik Team.
My requirement was i wanted to restrict user from entering text which is not in a display member of combobox items.
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="radProject" AllowCustomText="false" AccessibilityMode="false" AutoPostBack="true" 
                         runat="server" DropDownWidth="240px" onselectedindexchanged="radProject_SelectedIndexChanged" 
                         EnableLoadOnDemand="false" MarkFirstMatch="true" ondatabinding="radProject_DataBinding" Skin="Web20" 
                         Filter="Contains" OnClientBlur="OnClientBlurHandler"> 
                </telerik:RadComboBox>

so lets say i have two items in my combobox list lets say India and Spain when i type in S, Spain is fitered and it is highlighted and onSelectedindexchanged kicks in. But lets say i type in Mexico or something and it is not in the list and onSelectedindexchanged i am getting this exception stating Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
If i st EnableLoadOnDemand = true then this exception is not encountered but the combobox just takes the first item as the selected item and onSelectedindexchanged kicks in and it is redirected to the next page, but i don't want this, i want to restrict the user from entering text that is not a display member of combobox items.
I am in need of any asistance from any of you guys out there, tell me if i am doing some mistake or how can i go about solving the current predicament that i am in.
Thanks in advance.
Senthil ramna
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?