Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
101 views
Hi,

I need a small Clarifiaction. By Default I have mentioned Command Item Display as Top in Skin file. When change it as None in Code behind, its working. But when mentioned it in aspx, it is not working. Please clear my doubt.

Thanks
Katte
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
2 answers
61 views
Hi, I am using a database query to setup a series of dynamic sliders within a panel.  In the PreRender, the following code successfully generates the sliders:

For Each LocRec In LocRecs
    Dim LocationSlider As New RadSlider()
    Dim LocationLabel As New Literal
    LocationLabel.Text = "<br />" & LocRec.LocationName & "<br />"
    LocationSlider.ID = "LocationSlider" & CStr(LocRec.LocationID)
    LocationSlider.Width = 300
    LocationSlider.AutoPostBack = True
    LocationSlider.MinimumValue = 0
    LocationSlider.MaximumValue = 1000
    LocationSlider.OnClientSlide = "OnClientSlide"
    LocationSlider.OnClientValueChanging = "OnClientValueChanging"
    LocationSlider.AnimationDuration = 400
    AddHandler LocationSlider.ValueChanged, AddressOf LocationSlider_ValueChanged
    Panel1.Controls.Add(LocationLabel)
    Panel1.Controls.Add(LocationSlider)
Next

The problem is that the event, LocationSlider_ValueChanged never gets triggered:

Public Sub LocationSlider_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
    'Write slider settings to the database
    'This routine never gets executed
End Sub

Why?  How can I capture the valuechanged event?

Thanks.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Aug 2010
0 answers
79 views
Is there an example on how to use the ContextMenu with a DropDownExtender?

RIght now, I am using the Menu control in this instance, with a Vertical flow, however, I am not getting the look and feel that I want.  The top level menu looks different then the child items.  I figure if I could use a ContextMenu instead, this might result in a better look.

Could anyone provide a sample or a suggestion?
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 22 Aug 2010
4 answers
223 views
hi

i use RadMultiColumnComboBox in grid

and add this

 <table style="width:100%; text-align:left">
             <tr>
             <td style="width: 125px;">
            Category Id
             </td>
               <td style="width: 125px;">
            Category Name
             </td>
                
             </tr>
             </table>
        </HeaderTemplate>
        <ItemTemplate>
              <ul>
               
                 <li class="col1"><%#  DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Category_id")%> </li>
                <li class="col2"> <%#  DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Category_name")%></li>
            </ul>

        </ItemTemplate>

the problem is how can i do this <%#  DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Category_id")%>  from codebehind

thanks and sory for my bad English


     
mesho100200
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Aug 2010
4 answers
531 views
I have a RadGrid with a master table and a details table in a hierarchy.  The master shows totals from the data in the details table. 

I can edit a row in the details grid and save it without problems.  But the total on the master row is then incorrect.  I added code to rebind, which works, but then the details grid won't go out of edit mode.

In ItemCommand I check to see if it is the detail table, then do this:
e.Item.OwnerTableView.ParentItem.OwnerTableView.Rebind()

I also tried that line in the Item_Updated event, with the same result.

So how do you cause the master grid to refresh and get the detail grid to exit edit mode?

Thanks
Ed Lance
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Aug 2010
1 answer
160 views
Please let me know how to disable replace option from Telerik Radeditor Find and Replace Toolbar option. I need find with no replace.
Rumen Jekov
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
0 answers
77 views
Hi there,

We have a RadCalendar and a RadScheduler on a page.  We need to change the selectdate for the radscheduler when the user clicks on the navigation controls on the radcalendar.  But the RadCalendar does not have a navigationComplete event to trigger the event.  How should this be handled?

We tried putting it in the PreRender event but it was causing the Scheduler  to get reset when we did:
radscheduler.selecteddate=radcalendar.selecteddate

Thank you !
Y L
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Aug 2010
3 answers
202 views
Hi,
Export data to Excel Problem:
In ExportToExcel() method,i am facing the problem when huge amount of data is there, in excel it is showing "########",
When we double click on that cell it is showing the content.
        ............................
       binded datatable data to gridview
        .................................
       //int wid = 120;
        // //GridView1.Columns["Description"].ItemStyle.Width=wid;
        //GridView1.Columns[3].ItemStyle.Width = Unit.Percentage(40);
        // GridView1.Columns[3].ItemStyle.Width = Unit.Pixel(40);
      GridView1.RenderControl(hw);
        //style to format numbers to string
        string style = @"<style> .textmode { mso-number-format:\@; } </style>";
        Response.Write(style);
        Response.Output.Write(sw.ToString());
        Response.Flush();
        Response.Close();
        Response.End();
}

Help me in this problem,or let me know if there is any alternative..
Thanking you..
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
273 views

Hi,

Using Ajax when page redirecting to another page it gives following error


sys.webforms.pagerequestmanagerparsererrorexception.........

Basically I am using RadAjaxManager. I have also remove the control which refresh the specific area when click on submit button.

Please anybody helps me in this regard what to do. Thank you very much

Regards

Shakeel

Leonel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
592 views
In a RadGrid I have one DetailTable that is populated in the DetailTableDataBind event. In the ItemDataBound I set some attributes which works fine until the expand icon is clicked (see error below).
How do I detect (in the ItemDataBound event) that it is the DetailTable that is being databound?

Grid structure:
<telerik:RadGrid ID="rg" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False">
  <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="key">
    <Columns>
      <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="key" HeaderText="key" UniqueName="key" />
      <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="value" HeaderText="value" UniqueName="value" />
      <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="SelectColumn" AllowFiltering="false">
        <HeaderTemplate><asp:CheckBox runat="server" ID="chkAll" ToolTip="Toggle all" /></HeaderTemplate>
        <ItemTemplate><asp:CheckBox runat="server" ID="chkItem" /></ItemTemplate>
      </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
    </Columns>
    <DetailTables>
      <telerik:GridTableView AutoGenerateColumns="true" Name="details" HierarchyLoadMode="ServerOnDemand" />
    </DetailTables>
  </MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>

ItemDataBound
Protected Sub rg_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object,
                               ByVal e As GridItemEventArgs) _
        Handles rg.ItemDataBound
 
  Select Case e.Item.ItemType
 
    Case GridItemType.Header
      Dim ghi As GridHeaderItem = CType(e.Item, GridHeaderItem)
 
      Dim chkAll As CheckBox = ghi.FindControl("chkAll")
      chkAll.Attributes.Add("onclick", "TogglePending(this);")
 
    Case GridItemType.AlternatingItem, GridItemType.Item
 
      Dim gdi As GridDataItem = CType(e.Item, GridDataItem)
      Dim ce As Data.DataRowView = CType(e.Item.DataItem, Data.DataRowView)
 
      Dim chkItem As CheckBox = gdi.FindControl("chkItem")
      chkItem.Attributes.Add("onclick", String.Format("chkItem_CheckedChanged(this, '{0}');", e.Item.ItemIndex))
 
  End Select
End Sub

DetailTableDataBind
Private Sub rg_DetailTableDataBind(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As GridDetailTableDataBindEventArgs) Handles rg.DetailTableDataBind
 
  Dim gdi As GridDataItem = CType(e.DetailTableView.ParentItem, GridDataItem)
  e.DetailTableView.DataSource = getDetails(gdi("key").Text)
 
End Sub

Error in line 61
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
 
Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 
Source Error:
 
 
Line 59:
Line 60:           Dim chkAll As CheckBox = ghi.FindControl("chkAll")
Line 61:           chkAll.Attributes.Add("onclick", "TogglePending(this);")
Line 62:
Line 63:         Case GridItemType.AlternatingItem, GridItemType.Item


Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?