Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
216 views
I am having an issue with using RadAjaxManager to rebind 2 RadGrids. Here is basically how my page is setup:

RadAjaxManager
   RadMultiPage
RadPageView1
   RadGrid1
RadPageView2
   RadGrid2

What I want to happen is when closing a RadWindow I call a javascript function on the parent page and pass an argument to determine which RadGrid I want to rebind. This works fine when I am trying to update only 1 RadGrid and do not have the other RadGrid specified in the properties of the RadAjaxManager. I'm not sure if it doesn't work because I have setup the RadAjaxManager improperly or what, but I receive the following error every time I try to rebind a RadGrid via Javascript when closing a RadWindow. 

Error: "Sys.InvalidOperationException: Could not find UpdatePanel with ID 'ctl00_ctl00_DefaultContentPlaceHolder_FMSContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctl00_
DefaultContentPlaceHolder_FMSContentPlaceHolder_rgOrdersReceivedPanel'.
If it is being updated dynamically then it must be inside another UpdatePanel."

Here is my code:

RadWindow Javascript to call refreshGrid function on parent page:
function refreshGrid() {
          var oWindow = GetRadWindow();
          oWindow.BrowserWindow.refreshGrid("Inventory");
          oWindow.Close();
      }

Parent Page Javascript:
function refreshGrid(arg) {
            if (arg == "Rebind") {
                $find("<%= RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>").ajaxRequest("Rebind");
            }
            else if (arg == "Inventory") {
            $find("<%= RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>").ajaxRequest("Inventory");
            }
    }


<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgInventory" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgOrdersReceived" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadWindowManager1">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgInventory" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="odsInventory" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="odsInventoryReceived" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rgInventory">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="destroyWin" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgInventory" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rgOrdersReceived">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgOrdersReceived" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

Code Behind:
protected void RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e)
    {
        if (e.Argument == "Rebind")
        {
            rgOrdersReceived.Rebind();
        }
        else if (e.Argument == "Inventory")
        {
            rgInventory.Rebind();
        }
    }


Casey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
2 answers
130 views
I've tried changing the default spellchecker to use an en-GB dictionary I downloaded via another forum post on here, but I'm running into difficulty.

If I set the language property to "en-GB", I'd expect it to use the en-GB dictionary in app_data, but instead it still looks for the en-US dictionary instead.

If I add a languages block, either in the aspx, or in the toolsfile, or programmatically, and add "en-GB", "UK English" as a new spellcheck language, I get prompted to pick it when I click the spellcheck icon, as opposed to just defaulting to it as the only dictionary available, but at least this proves the new dictionary works.

What I want is for the UK english dictionary to be the default, and to spellcheck using it without asking for the user to choose a dictionary.  I'm almost tempted to edit the accompanying scripts to see if I can avoid this, but I hope I'm just doing it wrong.  Any ideas?

The other option is to just give up, and expect our users to pick it every time, but I'm sure they will complain about that.


Andrew Johns
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
2 answers
149 views
I'm using the "Simple" skin for my RadAjaxLoadingPanel, but I want to change the background color to black instead of white surrounding the loading image. The BackColor="Black" doesn't work.
Pontus Johansson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
5 answers
153 views

I am using RADSplitter. On my page I have header which is not part of the splitter.

In the splitter, I have 2 pans. Main pan is for data entry which has RadTabStrip and RadMultipageView and a RadGrid.  Right pan holds RadPanelBar which is being used as menu. 

I have wrapped all header, mainpan and rightpan in 3 separate AJAXPanels and also attached LoadingPanel.  Basically, when user chooses an option from RightPan (RadPanelBar), I would like to perform database action and show the changes in header and mainpan.  The code works fine. I could even see the changes in debug mode but the changes are not being reflected on the screen.  The changes are there when I hit refresh option on the browser.

Is there any limit on the number of page elements that a AjaxPanel can hold?  Please let me know what am I doing wrong?

The following is my AjaxSetting. 
<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RightPanRadAjaxPanel">
    <UpdatedControls>
          <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="MainPanRadAjaxPanel" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
          <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="HeaderRadAjaxPanel" />
    </UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>

Thank you in advance.

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
149 views
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
2 answers
101 views
When I hit the back button in my browser and return to a page that has a RadGrid with selected items I am getting 0 for the length of get_selectedItems().  The following code is wired to the RadGrid's OnGridCreated ClientEvent.  I can see in the browser that when I return to the page my previously selected items in the RadGrid return to their selected state. 

The necessary code is found below.  Is there a better ClientEvent to subscribe to that will catch the RadGrid after it's selected items have been repopulated?  The code snippet below is also wired to the RowSelected and RowDeselected ClientEvents and it functions properly.  It is just a problem of running this code when my grid items selected state has been established after hitting the back button in my browser.

var grid = $find('<%= gvNodes.ClientID %>');            
var gridSelectedItems = grid.get_selectedItems();

if
 (gridSelectedItems.length == 1) {
// enable a rad tool bar button

} else {
// disable a rad tool bar button
}
Brian McRaven
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
2 answers
147 views
Q1 2010
VS 2010

Hi,
Some of my buttons have a white vertical line near the right end and sometimes one on the very end of the button too, using FormDecorator.  This is seemingly random and if I change the position or width of the buttons they will usually go return to how they should look.  Also, it is only in IE8 (not Firefox or Chrome), and in every skin but Simple.  Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fix this?

An example screenshot is attached.  Thanks for any help!

Chris

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
5 answers
283 views
I am using a RadGrid with an EditForm of Type WebUserControl.  My User Control contains a form which has three dropdowns (Country, StateRegion, City).  When a user selects Country then I query and return a list of StateRegion which would then be bound to a RadComboBox for StateRegion.  Then when the user selects StateRegion I would query and return a list of City which would then be bound to a RadComboBox for cities.  Please help me understand how to do this as it appears as though the SelectedIndexChanged and/or TextChanged methods are not being called in my user control, only the Page events are getting called.
Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
2 answers
118 views
Is there some way to use a RadProgressArea without RadUpload? Like  monitoring  a long process with many database interactions , with a loading bar ?

Thanks in advance,
Fred

Fred
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
13 answers
484 views
Is there an easy way to make the entire heading of a grid column sortable so they don't have to click directly on the label to sort? 
Levi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?