Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
123 views
Hi

http://alpha.mateerit.co.nz/materials.aspx

This page has 2 radcombobox's on it, which are connected in a subcategory way.. with linq datasources. 

I'm getting a strange rendering bug in IE6, whereby it is the radcombobox's (which I've got on other pages as well, with the same issue) which seem to affect the IE6 specific css (shown below) and cause it problems.  Basically the menu images appear white and can't be clicked on the live site.

Anything obvious that RadComboBox would be affecting below?

IE6 specific CSS:

.page
{
background: none;
width: 970px;
margin: 0px auto;
}

#nav li
{
width: 80px;
}

#nav li a div
{
right: 16px !important;
left: auto !important;
}

#bd
{
width: 968px;
}

#ft
{
position: relative;
text-align: center;
}

.footer-logo
{
position: absolute;
top: 4px;
left: 9px;
}

.ccc-logo
{
position: absolute;
top: 10px;
right: 17px;
}

#bottom
{
display: none;
}


.form {
font-size: 83%;
}

.form input {
height: 21px !important;
}

.form .field.checkField .value input {
width: auto;
}


Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
123 views
I was curious if anyone had implemented radeditor on a MediaWiki site.  I love the editor but was curious whether it was compatible with the wikitext markup syntax.  Anyone tried this?

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
148 views
Hi,

I'm having issues with the resizing of the RadWindw.  I have a grid that contains an edit link that the user clicks on the window.  However when the user closes the window and clicks edit for another row in the grid the RadWindow looses it setup size and the window is very small.

Thanks,
Here is the code that contains this information:
<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
 
        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
            function EditSchedule(taskid,rowIndex) {
                var grid = $find("<%=AstonishDataManagement.ClientID%>");
                var rowControl = grid.get_masterTableView().get_dataItems()[rowIndex].get_element();
                grid.get_masterTableView().selectItem(rowControl, true);
 
                window.radopen("Datascheduledetail.aspx?TaskId=" + taskid, "UserListDialog"); ;
                return false;
            }
            function Openform() {
                window.radopen("Datascheduledetail.aspx", "UserListDialog");
                return false;
            }
        </script>
 
    </telerik:RadCodeBlock>
 
 
 <telerik:RadWindowManager Behaviors="Close,Resize,Maximize,Move" runat="server" ID="RWinMgr"
        ShowContentDuringLoad="true" DestroyOnClose="true" KeepInScreenBounds="true"
        VisibleStatusbar="false" Modal="true" Style="z-index: 8000;" Skin="Office2007">
        <Windows>
            <telerik:RadWindow ID="UserListDialog" runat="server" Title="Edit Schedule" Height="550px"
                Width="750px" Left="150px" ReloadOnShow="true" ShowContentDuringLoad="false"
                Modal="true" />
        </Windows>
    </telerik:RadWindowManager>
 
The grid caller partial code:
 
<telerik:RadGrid ID="AstonishDataManagement" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"
        ClientSettings-Scrolling-AllowScroll="false" AutoGenerateColumns="False" GridLines="None"
        Skin="Office2007" PageSize="10" OnNeedDataSource="AstonishDataManagement_NeedDataSource"
        ClientSettings-Resizing-AllowColumnResize="false" OnInsertCommand="AstonishDataManagement_InsertCommand"
        OnUpdateCommand="AstonishDataManagement_UpdateCommand" OnCreateColumnEditor="AstonishDataManagement_OnCreateColumnEditor"       
        onitemcreated="AstonishDataManagement_ItemCreated"
        onitemcommand="AstonishDataManagement_ItemCommand">
        <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" AlwaysVisible="true" />
        <MasterTableView Name="tblAstonishDataManagement" DataKeyNames="TaskId" AllowNaturalSort="false"
            CommandItemDisplay="None">
            <Columns>
                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateEditColumn" HeaderStyle-Width="5px">
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <asp:HyperLink ID="EditLink" runat="server" Text="Edit"></asp:HyperLink>
                    </ItemTemplate>
Code-Behind:

  protected void AstonishDataManagement_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
            {
                HyperLink editLink = (HyperLink)e.Item.FindControl("EditLink");
                editLink.Attributes["href"] = "#";
                editLink.Attributes["onclick"] = String.Format("return EditSchedule('{0}','{1}');",
                e.Item.OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues[e.Item.ItemIndex]["TaskId"], e.Item.ItemIndex);
            }
        }

Thanks,
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
5 answers
727 views
Hello,

I am having trouble with the client-side settext() method.

It is never reaching my javascript function at all. I added a Window.alert to it, and it never happened....

Here is a sample of my code:

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
   <script type="text/javascript">
 
     function SetTextOfTheComboBox()
     {
         var combo = $find("<%=cmbDriveTrain.ClientID %>");
         combo.SetText("Fuel Types");
     }
     function stopPropagation(e)
     {
         e.cancelBubble = true;
 
         if (e.stopPropagation)
         {
             e.stopPropagation();
         }
 
     }
 
   </script>
</telerik:RadCodeBlock>
 
 
 
<telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="cmbDriveTrain" HighlightTemplatedItems="true" Skin="WebBlue" OnClientDropDownClosed="SetTextOfTheComboBox">
               <Items>
                 <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="One" Value="One"  />
                 <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Two" Value="Two" />
                 <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Three" Value="Three" />
               </Items>
               <ItemTemplate>
                 <asp:CheckBox runat="server" ID="CheckBox"
                 onclick="stopPropagation(event);" Text=""/>
                 <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "Text") %>
               </ItemTemplate>
             </telerik:RadComboBox>


It's still always displaying the text of the item I last clicked, such as "One" "Two" or "Three"

EDIT: I have also tried it using a databound control and removing the "stopPropagation(event)" to no avail!


Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
4 answers
1.4K+ views
Hi,

I have a dropdown which binds with a datatable on Page load method.
I want to add a "Select" option to the dropdown on top of the dropdown list.

The following the code that I have used - the issue is the select option is coming at the bottom of the list.

 

 

private void fillddlHeadline()
        {
            DataTable dt = oHead.GetDataActivateHeadlineObserved();
            DrpHeadlineObType.DataSource = dt;
            DrpHeadlineObType.DataTextField = "Module_Content_Text";
            DrpHeadlineObType.DataValueField = "headline_Id";
            DrpHeadlineObType.DataBind();
            RadComboBoxItem item1 = new RadComboBoxItem();
            item1.Text = "Select";
            item1.Value = "0";
            DrpHeadlineObType.Items.Add(item1);
        }

Any ideas?

Thanks...

 

 

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
4 answers
175 views

Hi,
We have grids with client side data binding. Setting "SaveScrollPosition" property of "ClientSettings" either to true or false, scroll remains on the same position as set on the previous page while navigating pages in the grid. We want for each page to be scrolled to the top. Is there anything we can do to solve this issue?
Regards

Klemen Novak
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
3 answers
123 views
Hi,

How do I disable or remove the spell checker form the RadEditor?

I am using the editor with only very basic functionality and will not be using the spell checker, however, if I do not include the dictionaries in the App_Data folder it will not compile as it can not find the dictionary file.

Thank you.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
135 views

Hello,

i have radgrid which is placed in radtab.
i have given fixed width of 965px to all my grids in radtab. i have 6-7 rad tab with diffrent grids.
i have 15 columns in my grid. 4 are template columns(design time created). 1 gridclient select column, 1 grid edit command column and rest of the are bound columns. in column created events i have given fixed width to headerstyle.width for every column.

my template columns have given fixed width of 80px. in my grid pre-render event i'm swapping my template columns with bound columns.

i'm able to see each column properly with scrollbar but some extra white space is displayed out of grid and in radtab pan.

if i'm removing my template columns then that white space is removed. but due to the functionality i can not remove my template columns. is there any way to remove that white space from radtab.
sweta
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
157 views
Hi, 

I'm trying to use the radScheduler however i'm getting a javascript error whenever i return appointments (via wcf web service) back to the calendar.

In particular, the problem is happening in the radControls script.  (See below)  The problem appears to be because the object G is expected to have attributes called 'Subject', 'Start' ect, however, it only appears to contain them as '_start', '_subject'.

I do not have any idea how to fix this?  

I'm not sure if this is related, BUT i am unable to use the radScriptManager on this page because it wont load the MSAjax js library.  I can however use the normal ScriptManager ?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: In addition, i have tried to implement my own version of IAppointmentData, however i've noticed that the 'description' property is not available to the interface, is this supposed to be the case?

I cant find very much documentation on these calendar components, there appears to be very little (if any) commenting on the help, it just lists the property and method names which is pretty useless.

g's values
__type: "AppointmentData:#Telerik.Web.UI"
    _attributes: {...}
    _description: "rar description"
    _encodedId: "abc"
    _end: Thu Aug 26 12:01:47 UTC+1000 2010
    _id: "abc"
    _recurrenceParentID: null
    _recurrenceRule: null
    _recurrenceState: 0
    _reminders: {...}
    _resources: {...}
    _start: Thu Aug 26 11:01:47 UTC+1000 2010
    _subject: "abc"
    _visible: true

Should this have a proper constructor ?
g.constructor.toString()
"
function Object() {
    [native code]
}
"


_loadAppointment:function(g){var f=new b.SchedulerAppointment();
f._id=g.ID;
f._internalID=g.EncodedID;
f.set_subject(g.Subject);
f.set_description(g.Description);
----->f.set_start(this._toClientDate(g.Start));<----
f.set_end(this._toClientDate(g.End));
f._setOwner(this._owner);
f._recurrenceRule=g.RecurrenceRule;
f._recurrenceParentID=g.RecurrenceParentID;
f._recurrenceState=g.RecurrenceState;
f._visible=g.Visible;
f.set_toolTip(g.Subject);
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
98 views
How to apply telerik themes for ajax modalpopup extender control.
Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?