Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
117 views
Hi,
I've the following problem I can't solve alone (I'm using 2010Q2).
I've a menu with EnableRootItemScroll="true", that is, I'd like to have the menu on only one line and if there is not enough space I'd like to see the scrolling arrows.
Everything was working perfectly until I started to work client side with item texts and visibility.
I explain: in the menu I've a button that must work as a warning label, that is, if something is wrong I change client side its text (and image) to show a warning message to the user.
The problem is that when I do so the menu starts to be shown on multiple line.
I've debugged a bit the JS and I've found out that you calculate the width of all the root items when the page is rendered and assign the total to the <UL> container. Changing the text, the width should change.

I've already tried this:
function recalculateWidth()
{
var menu1 = $find("<%= Menu1.ClientID %>");
var menuItems = menu1.get_items();
var newWidth = 0;
for (var i = 0; i < menuItems.get_count(); i++)
newWidth += menuItems.getItem(i).get_element().offsetWidth;
menu1.get_childListElement().style.width = newWidth;
}
and apparently it works, that is, the menu no longer is displayed on more than one line, but the scrolling arrows behave weirdly: the rightmost buttons are being cut off. It is like you are setting the width also into the scrolling arrows mechanism, but I can't find it.
May you help me with this?

Best regards, Andrea Pirola
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
159 views
Hello

I'm using a birthdate control with RadDatePicker. As you know its default minDate is 1980. In a normal condition when I change the mindate there's no problem. But in my repeater which creates multiple date pickers can't modify the mindate. Here's my code part

<asp:Repeater runat="server" ID="rptChildren">
<ItemTemplate>
    <div class="passenger">
        <div class="info">
            <span class="inputTitle">Birthdate</span>
            <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="dtChildBirthDate" runat="server" Width="150px" MinDate="1/1/1910"></telerik:RadDatePicker>
        </div>
    </div>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>
 
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
149 views
I have been following the examples for a binary image column inside the rad grid. The examples use sql update, insert, delete commands.
I am using ado.net entity framework, and do not understand how to make the RadBinaryImage work in this scenario. Is there an example for this on the website? I have not been able to find one. Thanks.
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
11 answers
599 views
OK, After reading around for a bit, I can use
<AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="#CCFFCC" Height="1px" 
Font-Size="XX-Small" ForeColor="#339933" /> 
 
<ItemStyle Height="50px" /> 




 

To set the height of my rows.
However, they are still way too tall for my needs.

It looks as though the text / checkboxes are being padded both top and bottom.
Is there any way to force the rows so they will be shorter?

By the way, the height=50 is just there as a test to see if it works on every other row.  I'll make them both the same once I find a way to make them short.

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
80 views

I've tried using the following code to change the colour of one of the series areas and it doesn't work.

ChartSeriesType

 

chartType = aPercentage ? ChartSeriesType.StackedArea100 : ChartSeriesType.Area;

ChartSeries

 

freeSeries = new ChartSeries("Series 1", chartType);

 

freeSeries.Appearance.LegendDisplayMode =

ChartSeriesLegendDisplayMode.SeriesName;

 

freeSeries.Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor =

Color.Green;

I've also tried doing the following, and this doesn't work either:

 

ChartSeriesItem

 

free = new ChartSeriesItem(cd.FreeEntry);

 

free.Label.Visible =

false;

 

free.Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor =

Color.Green;

 

freeSeries.AddItem(free);

Please could someone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks, Craig.

Craig
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
69 views
We have a requirement for managing user annotations.  We need to manage private annotations and public ones through a gatekeeper.  The client has a requirement to render documents exactly as the original document displays (currently MSWord and PDF).  Is there a way to use RadEditor to display a "page description language" like xps that the client can annotate?  Or can we generate an image like BMP or JPEG that the user can annotate with radeditor?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
148 views
hi im using a radcalender as mentioned below.
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="radPublishDate" runat="server" Style="margin-left: 0px;
                                                    z-index: 11000000000000;" ClientEvents-OnPopupOpening="PopupOpening" Height="12px"
                                                    Width="100px" Culture="English (United States)" Skin="Office2007" EnableMultiSelect="false">
                                                    <DateInput ID="publishDateInput" runat="server" Height="14px" DateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy"
                                                        DisplayDateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy">
                                                    </DateInput>
                                                    <Calendar ID="Calendar1" Skin="Office2007" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" runat="server"
                                                        UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" ViewSelectorText="x" ToolTip="Select Date" ShowRowHeaders="false">
                                                    </Calendar>
                                                    <DatePopupButton HoverImageUrl="" ImageUrl="" />
                                                </telerik:RadDatePicker>

on page load im seting the mindate as sysdate to the calender.

radPublishDate.MinDate = DateTime.Now,
it is all works fine, but when the databinding happends, a date less than the sysdate when i try to assign as the selected date it throws an error.

If Not IsDBNull(dtNotesInfo.Rows(0).Item(2)) Then
                        radPublishDate.SelectedDate = CType(dtNotesInfo.Rows(0).Item(2), DateTime) 'Confidential date
                    End If
but my requirement is, i should allow user to select date only greater than sysdate, that's i made min date at page load. but i also show the date selected by user on edititng even thought the date is less than sysdate. i struck with this please help me.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
43 views
What procedure should I will follow? Any step-by-step instructions would be very helpful.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
59 views

 Some Business users are not technical enough to handle Oracle UCM to manage content.

Can we create GUI screen to collect data from Business people and link and populate the content into UCM?  How this can be achieve.


What procedure should I will follow? Any step-by-step instructions would be
very helpful.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
114 views
Hi!

We are using SharePoint 2007 SP2 with RadEditor 5.8.
I added the DocumentsPaths property to customize the available document libraries.

This is my entry:
<property name="DocumentsPaths">

<item>Documents</item>

        <item>/SiteCollectionDocuments</item>
</property>


The first one should point to the Documents Lib on the CURRENT Subsite.
The second should point to the root of the site collection.

But both entries are pointing to the root of the site collection. With or without a leading "/".
The same setting works as intended with the ImagesPaths btw.
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?