Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
267 views
Hi,

I have created a telerik radgrid which contains few data columns & one column with few color combinations as shown in image-grid.jpg in attachment. When i export the grid to pdf, i get all the data columns displayed as required in exported pdf file except the column which contains colors. The column which should have displayed with colors are shown blank. Exported pdf screenshot is shown in image-pdf.jpg in the attachment.

Can anyone please help in displaying the colored column in exported pdf file?

Thanks,
Krishna Samaga B.
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
128 views
Hi,

We are using grids with default page size as 10. However, the footer of every grid has option to change number of records displayed per page. The page size dropdown contains 10, 20, 50 as values. When we
1. Bind grid with dataset containing 40 records
2. Change page size from 10 to 50

the footer of the page gets hidden automatically (because the number of records is less than page size) and hence the option to chose records per page also gets hidden. I need this option to be displayed always so that users will be able to change page size back to 10 or 20 as required.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Vinod
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
3 answers
168 views
I have a grid with parent record and detailstable records.Detail table record will be shown only if we have child record other wise single record with no child record is shown.

In parent record and detail table child record i have button.And i'm setting msg on these buttons.The parent record should show msg that deleting parent record will delete child record as well where as deleting child record will show msg do you want to delete this record msg.

Where should i put this validation.Should i use DetailTableDataBind event for this.If yes then how should i find the parent control button to change the msg if no records are found and keep the the same msg if i have the records for child detail table
 
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
71 views
I've built a site that uses that RadTabStrip with each tab being a separate form.  So far so good.  There a couple of forms that need the ability to upload files so I've put a RadUpload on the page.

So I drag a RadUpload control onto my ascx page but the visual is much bigger than normal.  I've tried hardcodeing width values and tried using CSS.  I've put it on the main default.aspx page as well with the same results.  The odd things is that I can add one on another site I built that doesn't use tabs and it's fine.

I've attached an image of how it looks on the tabbed form.  Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks
Larry








Larry Stewart
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
85 views
on  a new machine running VS2008. I ran telerik install. Opened up VS and Created New Project.  In new project wizard I selected "RadControls CSharp Web Application".

I opened up the default.aspx page and went to design view. Immediately there were 3 Error Rendering Control boxes for, Rad Script Manager1, RadAjaxManger1, RadSkinManager1.. each with "could not load file or assemble 'Telerik.Web.UI... or one of it's dependencies, The system cannot find the file specified. "

When I try to drag a control I get "Error Creating Control - RadTabStrip1" Failed to create designer 'Telerik.Web.Ui.RadStrip... 


What am I missing. I thought it would be a rather simple install then start using the controls???
Dwight Crane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
8 answers
127 views
I have an OnNodeclick event that gets fired when clicking on a child node in a treeview. This works fine. When I click on the + sign of a parent node, everything is fine. It expands it so I can see the child nodes & vice-versa. The problem occurs when I actually click on the parent node itself. No action occurs and my application freezes up.

It doesn't even get into the OnNodeClick event for the Treeview.

How do I resolve this behavior when simply just clicking on the parent node itself?
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
84 views
I have a RadGrid with an Edit button on the left.

When I click on the Edit button, I simply want to enable/disable some fields.

No matter what I try in the below code-behind, I'm getting a null value from the "editedItem", which then means the rest of the items using the FindControl will also be null.

Can someone please inform me how I can get a reference to the edited item (editedItem)?

protected void RadGrid1_ItemCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.CommandName == "Edit")
            {
                if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
                {
                  
                    GridEditableItem editedItem = (source as RadGrid).NamingContainer as GridEditableItem;
                    //GridEditableItem editedItem = e.Item as GridEditableItem;

                    DropDownList FileTypeID = editedItem.FindControl("FileTypeID") as DropDownList;
                    TextBox StartPosition = editedItem.FindControl("StartPosition") as TextBox;
                    TextBox EndPosition = editedItem.FindControl("EndPosition") as TextBox;
                    TextBox Delimiter = editedItem.FindControl("Delimiter") as TextBox;
                    CheckBox IsMultiRecordType = editedItem.FindControl("IsMultiRecordType") as CheckBox;
                    TextBox FirstRecordIndicator = editedItem.FindControl("FirstRecordIndicator") as TextBox;
                    TextBox RecordIndicatorIndex = editedItem.FindControl("RecordIndicatorIndex") as TextBox;

                    if (IsMultiRecordType.Checked == true)
                        FirstRecordIndicator.Enabled = true;
                    else
                    {
                        FirstRecordIndicator.Text = null;
                        FirstRecordIndicator.Enabled = false;
                    }

                    switch (FileTypeID.SelectedItem.Text)
                    {
                        case "Space Fixed Length":
                            StartPosition.Enabled = true;
                            EndPosition.Enabled = true;
                            Delimiter.Text = null;
                            Delimiter.Enabled = false;
                            RecordIndicatorIndex.Text = null;
                            RecordIndicatorIndex.Enabled = false;
                            break;
                        case "Delimited File":
                            StartPosition.Text = null;
                            StartPosition.Enabled = false;
                            EndPosition.Text = null;
                            EndPosition.Enabled = false;
                            Delimiter.Enabled = true;
                            RecordIndicatorIndex.Enabled = true;
                            break;
                        case "HL7":
                            StartPosition.Text = null;
                            StartPosition.Enabled = false;
                            EndPosition.Text = null;
                            EndPosition.Enabled = false;
                            Delimiter.Enabled = true;
                            RecordIndicatorIndex.Enabled = true;
                            break;
                    }
                }
            }
        }

Bill
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
76 views
Error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was:12031.

I am getting error while doing paging in telerik grid.i am binding more than  6000 rows.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
3 answers
91 views

How do i change the color of the dropdown menu to Vista skin? (refer to screenshot)
I had set the Skin="Vista" to the toolbar but the dropdown doesn't take the correct color.

Thanks in advance.

<telerik:RadToolBar ID="ToolBarMenu" runat="server" Width="100%" Skin="Vista">
    <Items>
        <telerik:RadToolBarSplitButton Text="Export to Excel">
            <Buttons>
                <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Export Current View to Excel"  />
                <telerik:RadToolBarButton IsSeparator="true" />
                <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Export All to Excel" />
            </Buttons>
        </telerik:RadToolBarSplitButton>
    </Items>
</telerik:RadToolBar>
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
121 views
hi,

Our company had corporate account with terick and we  have all the terick  2007, 2008, 2009.  On the VS 2008 , I crated a pge where I create a  multiview collaboration with radtab and page view  control. Itw was successful and its all done.

Now later I came back to this page , and wanted to create d another  multiview as somewhat same as before. But now when I drag and drop any control from the toolbox nothing happened on the page. Nothing render.  I don't know what is going on. I am being really frustrated. I have dont it and now I can't do the same.

Only thing changed is we changed have the new computer but I did install the Terick control on the the new environment. I do have these controls on my toolbox.  When I place the 2007 control they do render but nothing for 2007 and 2009.

Just to check what is going on , maybe I have problem with the design surface I tried to directly pace this control on the source code.
Wen I did that I got this message "  The operation could not be completed. Invalid FORMATETC structure". 

Please help .
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?