Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
157 views
Hi there.

I am trying to implement the example http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/rotator/examples/gallery/defaultcs.aspx but with binary images instead of normal images from directory.

Can any one help me?

Thank you in advance.
Apostolos
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
5 answers
210 views
I need to display an image based on a PK ID on a form.  All of the demos/example code seems to utilize an image within a grid (or other data-related item).  Is there any possibility of using a RadBinaryImage as a standalone control?

Thanks!
Phil
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
328 views
Hello,

We have some RadGrids using InPlace editing and have a GridEditCommandColumn where we use ImageButtons for Edit, Update, and Cancel.  This functionality works great except I'd like to have the Cancel Button on the left and the Update button on the right (it currently defaults the other way around).  Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but we have a Web standard in place that says all Cancel buttons should precede Save buttons.  Here's what my code for GridEditCommandColumn looks like:

<telerik:GridEditCommandColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn" EditImageUrl="/Common/Images/GridIcons/Edit.png" ButtonType="ImageButton" CancelImageUrl="/Common/Images/GridIcons/Cancel.png" UpdateImageUrl="/Common/Images/GridIcons/Save.png"   ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" ItemStyle-Wrap="false" ItemStyle-Width="60px" HeaderStyle-Width="60px" />

Is there a way I can change the order of the Save and Cancel buttons?  Even if there is a programmatic way in code to do this, that solution would work as well.  Thank you in advance for your reply!

Brian
Brian Levin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
157 views
Hello!

We have an application which is using the 2010 Q2 RadControls, which uses a multi-row RadTabStrip and the Outlook Skin (applied via a theme)
When we set the IsBreak property to "True" for one of the tabs, we get an ugly visible spacer between the two tab rows. (see attached file tabstripwithspacer.png.

Here is the code that creates this tabstrip...

<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="tsTabs" Align="Left" runat="server" Width="750px" AutoPostBack="True" ReorderTabsOnSelect="True" SelectedIndex="0" >
               <Tabs>
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Main" ID="tabMain" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Addresses" ID="tabAddresses" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Phones" ID="tabPhones" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Notes" ID="tabNotes" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Quotes" ID="tabQuotes" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Remarket" ID="tabRemarket" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Research" ID="tabResearch" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Groups" ID="tabGroups" IsBreak="true" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Marketing" ID="tabMarketing" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Appts" ID="tabOtherInfo" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Files" ID="tabFiles" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="PreSettlement" ID="tabPreSettlement" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Perms" ID="tabPermissions" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Admin" ID="tabAdmin" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Misc Info" ID="tabImportedInfo" />
                   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="FedEx" ID="tabFedEx" />
               </Tabs>
               </telerik:RadTabStrip>

When we remove the IsBreak property (using the default of false), it looks fine (see tabstripnospacer.png) - but then the Reordertabsonselect property doesn't work (the selected tab is not on the "front" row).

Is there a way for me to get the selected tab in front without seeing the spacer made by setting the IsBreak property?

Thanks!



Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
2 answers
72 views
I am using the following piece of code:

 <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="FormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="all" EnableRoundedCorners="false"></telerik:RadFormDecorator> 

in order to update our asp .net application.  This property works great on almost all of our pages except one.  On the one page the drop down list contains around 200 pieces of data.  Therefore when the drop down arrow is pressed the entire page is filled with the drop down list.  I was wondering if there was a dropdownlistheight or something to that nature for the code mentioned above.  I found the following thread:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/form-decorator/dropdownlist-height-problem-using-form-decorator.aspx

however the css "hack" did not work.  I am wondering if there was another technique or another way of fixing this problem.  I would rather not have to create a combobox for this page and would rather just use the "DecoratedControls="all" property.  

Thanks
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
199 views
Hello,

I have two RadNumericTextBox on my page and a RadScriptManager. These components don't have a RequiredFieldValidator, but others on the same page have.

Theses validators are not working and it started hapenning after the inclusion of the RadNumericTextBox.

I took the RadNumeric out and the validators started working again.

Has someone ever seen a situation like this?

My code:
<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
 
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"
    EnableScriptLocalization="True">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
 
    <div>
 
        <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
     
            <tr>
                <td>  </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td><strong>Cadastro de educação </strong></td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>  </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>Nome: 
                    <asp:Label ID="lblNome" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
                </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>  </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>Tipo:  <asp:DropDownList ID="dropTipo" runat="server"
                        onselectedindexchanged="dropTipo_SelectedIndexChanged" AutoPostBack="True"
                        DataSourceID="sqlTiposEducacao" DataTextField="tipoFluxo_desc"
                        DataValueField="tipoFluxo_id">
                    </asp:DropDownList>
                    <asp:SqlDataSource ID="sqlTiposEducacao" runat="server"
                        ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:GCConnectionString %>"
                        SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM tipofluxo WHERE tipofluxo_id >= 1 and tipofluxo_id <= 8"></asp:SqlDataSource>
                           
                    <asp:Label ID="lblEspecifique" runat="server" Text="Especifique:" Visible="false"></asp:Label> 
                    <asp:TextBox ID="txtEspecifique" runat="server" Width="260px" Visible="false"
                        ValidationGroup="form"></asp:TextBox>
                  
                </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>  </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>
                    Data de início:  <asp:TextBox ID="txtDataInicio" runat="server" ValidationGroup="form"
                        ></asp:TextBox>
                    mm/aaaa 
                    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvDataInicio" runat="server"
                        ControlToValidate="txtDataInicio" ErrorMessage="*" ValidationGroup="form"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                    </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>  </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>
      Data de término:  <asp:TextBox ID="txtDataTermino" runat="server" ValidationGroup="form"
                        ></asp:TextBox>
                    mm/aaaa  <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvDataTermino" runat="server"
                        ControlToValidate="txtDataTermino" ErrorMessage="*" ValidationGroup="form"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                    </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>  </td>
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>
                    Valor anual:   
                    <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtValorAnual" runat="server" Culture="pt-BR"
                        Type="Currency" Width="125px" >
                    </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
                       
                         
                    ou Valor mensal:  
                    <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtValorMensal" runat="server" Culture="pt-BR"
                        Type="Currency" Width="125px" >
                    </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
                       
                </td>   
            </tr>
 
            <tr>
                <td>  </td>
            </tr>
 
             <tr>
                <td align="center" class="style1">
                    <asp:LinkButton ID="btnSalvar" runat="server" Text="Salvar"
                         onclick="btnSalvar_Click" ValidationGroup="form"/>
                         
                    <asp:LinkButton ID="btnExcluir" runat="server" Text="Excluir"
                        onclick="btnExcluir_Click" />
                             
                    <asp:HyperLink ID="linkCancelar" runat="server" NavigateUrl="~/educacao.aspx">Cancelar</asp:HyperLink>
                    </td>
            </tr>
 
        </table>
 
    </div>
         
 
</asp:Content>


Tks,

Sorry for my poor english.

Thiago
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
3 answers
165 views
Hello,

I have a grid inside a user control with ajax. On the command item template, there is a linkbutton which initially has its visible property set to false. After a viewstate property is set, the grid's rebind method is called, which in turn causes the ItemCreated event to fire, at which time I find the linkbutton and set its visible property to true. The problem is, the button disappears again after a postback. I thought the problem was with the viewstate, but I changed the ItemCreated to always set it to visible. I found that when the postback occurs, the ItemCreated event fires but the button still disappears after being set to visible on the server. I also tried calling the rebind() method on every page_load but that causes problems with other postback commands (edit, delete). Is there a way to tell the command item to rebind?

Thank you
(Using Q2 2010 and IE7)
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
111 views
I am looking at capturing a Ipad scroll gesture.  I figure out how to catch the gesture.   Just trying to figure out how to make a call to the slider via client side to move up or down depending on the gesture.

Oh by the way so far I have not had many problems with gestures on telerik controls.  The site is at:   http://www.andersonfloors.com/Design/RoomDesigner.aspx  It uses Sitefinity for the CMS and a lot of RadXmlHttpPanels. 

Anyone else have experience with the IPad gestures?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
1 answer
72 views
   I am using the advanced template to to view additional information for appointments.

Everything works great,  until I put somethign in thats 'recurrance'.

It prompts me asking whether to edit the single item,  or the entire series.

Is there a way I can get rid of the prompt?  Or force the response.

I dont care what the answer is,  And it works no matter which option you pick,  however,  for obvious reasons, my users will not want to see that dialog,  and it will confuse them.

I had hoped:

 

 

function OnClientAppointmentEditing(sender, eventArgs) {

 

eventArgs.get_editingRecurringSeries(

 

false)

 

}


But that is for setting the edit type,  and not the prompt.

Has anyone achived this or have any ideas?
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
4 answers
533 views
I have a situation with a Treeview that has an uneven number of branches from top to bottom.  I think this is possibly called a "jagged hierarchy"?  The user has to pick a bottom-level node.  This might be 3 levels from the top or possibly 10.  The end effect of this is that a fully opened treeview might be say 75 pixels wide or perhaps 250 pixels wide.

Rather than me presetting the treeview width to the maximum pixels necessary, is there a way to automatically size the parent Panel (inside of which the treeview resides) when required?

Robert
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?