Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
76 views
Hi,
 In my project i am having radgrid,if i do edit and add, after that cancel then i am getting error.Here i am attaching that error screen short.can u plz look into it and give solution.
i am using asp.net 4.0 and visual studio 2010
Thank you
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
1 answer
84 views
Hi,

I have an issue with RadGrid, Im binding the grid with pivot data, so I created the custom template as template column. Everything working fine, but no command events triggering in the grid. But I dont find any issue with binding & displaying columns. I have binded the columns in Page_Load event ,also I tried OnInit() event.Please help me...
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
1 answer
513 views
I am rendering a RadGrid with column which contains a dynamically insert control depending on row data type (i.e. if a row contains a date, the edit column will have a datepicker injected into it on Item_databind).  However, I want the control to load with its visibility set to false until the user clicks a radiobutton next to it.

I am trying to figure out how the telerik controls set visibility through jquery.  I would ideally like the control to be invisible until some jquery is fired which i thought i could accomplish by setting the display style attribute to display:none or display:hidden when the control is rendered.  This works, but the subsequent call to set_visible on the control does not make it visible again.

Could someone explain what selector and attribute is used when this method is called so that i can make the control invisible client side until i call set_visible on it?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
19 answers
522 views
Hi,

I would like to ask the character/table limit for the RadEditor to save the content?
As of now, I am having a script pop up that says:

"Stop running this script?
A script on this page is causing internet explorer to sun slowly.
If it continues to run, your computer  may become unresponsive.

This happens when i enter large number of columns in a table and a very long content (e.g. 80,000 words).
Is this the expected behavior of RadEditor? I also tested this in your Demo site and encountered the same popup window.
Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,
Jhobs
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
1 answer
177 views
Hi,

I have a drop down control which lists 4 of the chart types (Area, Pie, Line and Bar).

My default chart type is Pie.
I would like to change the chart type dynamically during run time based on the selection in the drop down.

The folllowing the code I have used:

protected void DdlChartType_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
radChart.Clear();
chartSeries.Clear();

TextBox1.Text = DdlChartType.SelectedValue.ToString();
if (DdlChartType.SelectedValue == "ChartSeriesType.Area")
{
chartSeries.Type = ChartSeriesType.Area;
Chart1();
}
else if (DdlChartType.SelectedValue == "ChartSeriesType.Pie")
{
chartSeries.Type = ChartSeriesType.Pie;
Chart1();
}
}
}


protected void Chart1()
{
radChart.ChartTitle.TextBlock.Text = "My RadChart";
chartSeries.Name = "Sales";
chartSeries.AddItem(120, "Internet");
chartSeries.AddItem(140, "Retail");
chartSeries.AddItem(35, "Wholesale");
radChart.Series.Add(chartSeries);
this.Page.Controls.Add(radChart);
}


The problem is I am always getting the same chart type and it does not change.
is it beacuse if cache?
Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
1 answer
104 views
Hi,

How do I set the Header Text and the Sorted Arrow in the same row rather than 2 row (see attached screenshot for 2row) in the header? It should also stay in 1 row even the column is dragged to a smaller width.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="GridDocument" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
    AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="true" 
    Width="100%" Height="345px" OnPageIndexChanged="GridDocument_PageIndexChanged"
    OnSortCommand="GridDocument_SortCommand">
    <PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="true" />
    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="ID" ClientDataKeyNames="ID" TableLayout="Fixed">
        <Columns>
            ...
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Version" HeaderText="<nobr>Version</nobr>" UniqueName="Version" DataFormatString="<nobr>{0}</nobr>" SortExpression="Version">
                <HeaderStyle Width="70px" />
                <ItemStyle Width="70px" />
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            ...
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
    <ClientSettings>
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" />
        <Resizing AllowColumnResize="True" EnableRealTimeResize="true" ClipCellContentOnResize="true"></Resizing>
    </ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>

Thanks in advance.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
2 answers
155 views
Hi,

I have nested Rad Splitters,
RadSplitter1 is divided horizontally to RadPane1 and RadPane2 with a height of 130px.
    RadPane1  is once again divided horizontally by  RadSplitter2 into RadPane11 and RadPane12.
             RadPane11  wraps a Grid  and RadPane12 contains collection of Buttons. RadPane12 is set a height of 120px  and top RadPane11 is expected to fill remaining area.


RadPane 2 (height=130px)  initially is in collapsed state and RadPane12 is also in collapsed state. With this setting, RadPane11 should cover 100% browser height. However, it renders by covering (Browser Height - RadPane2's Height)

But when RadPane2 is in expanded mode everything renders appropriately.Please see attachment to have a better idea on my issue. Is there any solution to my issue ?

Thanks,
Prava
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
1 answer
109 views
Hi,

I am creating a grid programmatically, because I don't know the columns ahead of time. The grid is Index Funds vs. As Of Date. So there is a row for each As Of Date and a column for each Index Fund. The cell intersection is the monthly return for the Index Fund for the As Of Date. I have created Template columns to represent the returns in display and edit mode. If I edit a row, the edit controls appear. However when I save them by clicking the update button in the row, I am unable to obtain the newly edited values. GridEditableItem returns the item in the UpdateCommand event handler, however ExtractValuesFromItem returns an empty array and the SavedOldValues in the item is similarly empty. Is there any example of how to do this? I can post code if necessary.

Steve
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
2 answers
105 views
Hi, i'm working with the sample that persists grid setting to an xml file. I have a tree view loaded with form names that loads a dynamic grid. Saves and loads settings ok. I changed

SettingsDDL.DataSource =

GridPersisterUtility.GetSettingIds(name + "GridSettings.xml");

 


where "name" is the name of the form seleted from treeview so i have an xml file for each form
I load all the saved settings into the combo based on the tree sellection, however this only works for the first node selected
clearing the combo and databind to different xml file does nothing even though the xml is loaded correctly

// in node click event
  
string selectedValue = SettingsDDL.SelectedValue;
            SettingsDDL.Items.Clear(); // doesnt clear
            SettingsDDL.Items.Add(new RadComboBoxItem("", ""));
            SettingsDDL.DataSource = GridPersisterUtility.GetSettingIds(Session["nodeText"].ToString() + "GridSettings.xml"); // loads data from selected xml file ok
            SettingsDDL.DataBind(); // still contains original data
            SettingsDDL.Items.FindItemByValue(selectedValue).Selected = true;
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
1 answer
77 views
Hello,

I have two pages. In one page I have the RadComboBox and based on the value of RadComboBox the grid populates.

Now I have the other page which has the grid with GridHyperlinkColumn which points to that page. When I click on the hyperlink I want the value of the RadComboBox from the other page to the current page.

How can I get that ?

Thanks,
Parth
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?