Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
210 views
I am very excited about using this product.  Thanks for providing it to the Sharepoint community!

I am having a bit of a problem with implementation, though.  We have a single server running WSS 3.0 with a separate SQL 2005 back-end.  The r.a.d. solution installs without complaint, and I can add it as a web part without issue.  However, when I attempt to activate the "use r.a.d.editor to edit list items" site collection on any site, I get a "403" error stating that login is required (and I have already authenticated to the site as a user with site collection admin privs).

I changed the default trust level in the web.config file in both of the IIS sites that host our Sharepoint service.  The global web.config was set at the default "full" level, and override was not configured there, so that should make no difference.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?  I have a department full of Mac and Firefox users who are itching for this!

-Greg Mackinnon
University of Vermont
sasquatchjr
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Apr 2007
1 answer
184 views

Hi,

As long as I know there is no flash manager in Rad editor for MOSS. So I tried to handcode some html with some object tags .It was a disappointment that rad editor deletes the tags. Is there any solution for this? I have tested it both for list items and rad editor web parts, the same result...

Thanks ,

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2007
3 answers
151 views
Hello,
I deployed the radeditormoss.wsp file to our SharePoint 2007 server, and had my firefox users follow the instructions for:

Using the r.a.d.editor WebPart
Using r.a.d.editor in List Items
Using r.a.d.editor in Web Content Management scenario

But all they get is a script error that states:

The page at http://sharepointserver says:
Exception while executing client event OnClientInit
Error:RadEditorWebPartOnInit is not defined

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Apr 2007
3 answers
159 views
Hi,

It seems the insert image dialogue is restricted to the current sharepoint web without the ability to navigate to parent or sub webs in order to select an asset.

Is this an error or by design?

Many Thanks,
Jason Flowers
Trinity Expert Systems
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Apr 2007
1 answer
77 views
HI,

I have installed the radeditorMOSS into the MOSS 2007 server and had deployed successfully. But I can't add it up into the webpart.  It seems like the compatibility problem with  MOSS 2007 for Korean.  Please let me know  of you have a solution. Thanks
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Apr 2007
1 answer
89 views
In the (out of the box) MOSS RichHTMLField control there is a dialog that allows you to select documents to link to.  This dialog lets you browse the site collections and select a page to link to.  Is there a way I can use the browse component of the RichHTMLField with the RadHtmlField editor?
tcrawford24
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2007
1 answer
169 views
I am having a strange occurance where I can get my customized RadHtmlField (MyRadHtmlField) to work in my single server test environment, but when I deploy it to our production MOSS farm environment I get the generic error message "An unexpected error has occurred".  When I use the RadHtmlField directly and not my inherited version, it works fine in the production environment.  What I have figure out is that the error is occuring before the constructor is called.  Stripping out all customization and just using an inherited version that does nothing gives the same error.  But again, this code works fine in my test environment.   I am not sure what questions to ask other than asking for some troubleshooting assistance.  Is there any security issues regarding a call to my custom class even though the custom code is installed in the GAC?  Is anyone aware of other log files that might give more detail?

Thanks for any suggestions...

Tom C.
tcrawford24
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2007
5 answers
631 views
I have deployed the r.a.d.editor for MOSS but I am encountering the following error in FireFox when I attempt to view a page that has a rich text editor control:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.]
System.Web.Util.UrlPath.ReduceVirtualPath(String path) +3527382
System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Reduce(String path) +84
System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Combine(String appPath, String basepath, String relative) +355
System.Web.UI.Control.ResolveClientUrl(String relativeUrl) +196
Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.IsCssPathRegistered(String path) +187
Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.RegisterCssFile(String path) +50
Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.RenderRuntimeSkin() +64
Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.Page_PreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +10
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) +2010324
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1566

Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Mar 2007
2 answers
144 views

I am having issues getting r.a.d.editor for MOSS functioning correctly in a farm environment. I have deployed the solution, but r.a.d.editor for MOSS will only work for lists and wiki’s on the server I deployed it from. I can however add it as a web part and it functions correctly no matter what web server am I on.

I even went so far as to uninstall the solution and redeploy it from a different server in my farm. After doing this r.a.d.editor for MOSS worked as expected on the server it was deployed from and exhibited the same issues on the other server that I stated above.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get r.a.d.editor for MOSS working for wiki’s and lists in a multi web server environment?

Thanks

Michael

mleefers
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Mar 2007
3 answers
118 views
The "Using r.a.d.editor in List Items" help item refers to the "Site collection features" in the site settings option of MOSS. It seems this is not an option in WSS3, but I'm trying to enable r.a.d.editor for Wiki content in WSS3 - Any ideas how I accomplish this?

Earlier postings say WSS3 is supported and is support for Wiki content because it is based on lists, so I know it can be done, just unsure how in WSS3... Any help appreciated :)

TJ
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?