Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
218 views
Hi

I downloaded and tried the new Tooltip. I placed a RadTooltipManager on my page but I am getting a script error when using it with the RadCombobox (2.7.0), however it works fine with the RadToolTip. I would like to use the RadTooltipManager with the ComboBox, so if you could find a fix it would be great.

Here is how the code that does not work looks like. The problem is when you try to open the ComboBox.

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /><div>

<telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadToolTipManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadToolTipManager>

<radC:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" ToolTip="ToolTip Test" runat="server" SkinsPath="~/RadControls/ComboBox/Skins" Width="150px">

<Items>

<radC:RadComboBoxItem Text="1" Value="1" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem Text="2" Value="2" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem Text="3" Value="3" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem Text="4" Value="4" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem Text="5" Value="5" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem Text="6" Value="6" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem Text="7" Value="7" />

</Items>

</radC:RadComboBox>

</div>

</form>

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2007
2 answers
230 views
Is the installer supposed to copy the DLL to the GAC? Did not work in my case...

The installer should copy this to the GAC I believe... or at least the control should add it to do /bin when dropping from the toolbox (although this is still not ideal since the design dll is needed only on development machine, not on production server)

Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Apr 2007
1 answer
244 views
I have 3 RadDock's within a RadDock Zone...

Is there any way to inform the visitors that they can drag the docks back to the outlined zone?  Something like a line of text like "Drag the boxes back here to dock them again". 

Once all the items have left the zone, it's just a box on the screen.

Shawn
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2007
3 answers
203 views
Please disregard my lack of knowledge of ASP.NET Ajax from Microsoft - but could someone tell be if it is necessary to install ASP.NET Ajax on systems that is deployed to or is possible just to deploy the assemblies in the application bin (I guess it will contain the necessary ASP.NET Ajax components right?).
Henrik Brinch
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Apr 2007
3 answers
197 views
I have the Render method on my base page overridden to remove whitespaces and return lines, etc. 

        protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)  
        {  
            StringWriter stringWriter = new StringWriter();  
            HtmlTextWriter htmlWriter = new HtmlTextWriter(stringWriter);  
            base.Render(htmlWriter);  
            string html = stringWriter.ToString();  
            html = html.Replace("\t", ""); // tabs  
            html = html.Replace("  ", " "); // double spaces  
            html = html.Replace(" />", "/>"); // space before end of tags  
            html = html.Replace(">\r", ">"); // space before end of tags  
            html = html.Replace(">\n", ">"); // space before end of tags  
            writer.Write(html);  
        } 

Everything works fine with the regular ajax manager but the new one seems to have a problem with me doing this. (Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParseErrorException: The message recieved from the server could not be parsed. etc...)  I assume it is due to how MS formats the return string to the browser.  Am I out of luck on getting this to work? 

Thanks... Jason
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2007
4 answers
242 views
I would like to add colors using C# instead of adding colors with APSX. I`ve found the methode for a colorRange:
ColorPickerID.Items.AddRange(
    ColorPickerID.GetStandardColors()
    );  

So addin a single color wouldn`t seem difficult:
ColorPickerID.Items.Add(ColorPickerID 'coloritem'); 
But I don`t know what to fill in for 'coloritem' to add a color, preferred a hex-value.

Anyone knows the right syntax?
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Apr 2007
4 answers
150 views
In the demos, look at the Saved State demo. In IE if you expand one of the sliding panes in IE and then pin it, the vertical scroll bar hides the unpin control. You can see what I mean here.

--
Stuart
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2007
4 answers
289 views

Anyone tried to get the browser back button to work with the Prometheus release yet?

I can't do it... Perhaps I'm missing something.

Here's what I've done.

-- Install the ASP.NET AJAX framework, and the ASP.NET AJAX extensions.

-- Install the Prometheus release

-- Build an ASP.NET Ajax-enabled website that contains two pages: Default.aspx and Error.htm

-- On Default.aspx, I add a button (Button1), a regular ASP.NET Panel (Panel1), and the new Prometheus AjaxManager (whose seemingly relevant properties are as follows: EnablePageHeadUpdate=True; EnableAjax=True; EnableHistory=True; EnableViewState=True; also I do NOT set any ClientEvents).

-- I also add another Button (Button2) (more on what that does in a second).

-- In the AjaxManager configurator, I set Button1 as the control that fires the Ajax request, and Panel1 as the control that receives the request. In my code behind, for the Button1 click event, I simply add a control (a button, but it could be anything). I'll call this the "code-added control".

-- I click on Button1, and the "code-added control" (a button, but again, could be anything) is loaded into the Panel, using Ajax of course.

-- For the Button2 (which is not associated with Ajax manager), I have a code-behind click event that will either use Server.Transfer or Response.Redirect (I've tried both) to cause the application to transfer / redirect to Error.htm (this models what my real application will do when an error is encountered).

-- I click on Button2, which transfers / redirects me to the Error.htm page. From here, I would expect that I could use the browser back button to navigate back to Default.aspx, and once there I would expect to see my "code-added control" still visible in Panel1. But it is not!

Am I doing something wrong? Based on prior communication I've received from Telerik, I understood that Prometheus would have allowed me to see that "code added control" in Panel1.

Thanks,

Ken Morris 
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2007
8 answers
223 views
Hello,

Is it safe to assume that if I use the Prometheus controls in a current project that following releases up til the final release will be compatable?

For instance if I use a Prometheus splitter today then next 'beta' release will I have to adjust my project because some properties or methods have been changed.

By the way, I am very excited about the path telerik is taking. It seems to be very forward looking.

Thanks,
John
John S.
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2007
6 answers
228 views
We have been waiting for this release so we can build our super Dashboard project. Telerik you make our life so much easier.
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Apr 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?