Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
165 views
I have added the solution to my site, deployed the feature and activated the collection feature.  However, the list item editor is not showing up even after an iisreset.  The webpart and the content management changes work fine.  Furthermore, the ascx control is in the controltemplates directory.  Am I missing something?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2007
1 answer
126 views
Is there a way I can have the slider scroll the rotator? right now I can get it to start the rotator but the rotator just keeps looping it does not stop at last frame. any suggestion would be aprreciated.
Thanks
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2007
1 answer
136 views
I'm not having much luck with Safari with the Prometheus controls with the online demos. Color picker works so so, but when I select a color it doesn't update the color in the color picker icon. Hovering over the color doesn't change the bottom 'selected' bar either.

The sliders just plain dont work in Safari.

Was this release not intended to work on this browser? 
--Aaron
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2007
1 answer
188 views
Hi Telerik,

I've got a splitter with a sliding pane on the left and a RadDock in the main Pane. When the sliding pane slides out it appears under the dock control.

I tried the same code using 2007 Q1 of RadControls and it works correctly with the sliding pane appearing on top of the RadDock.

Here is the code I'm using with Prometheus.

<telerik:RadSplitter id="RadSplitter1" runat="server" width="700" height="500">  
                <telerik:RadPane id="LeftPane" runat="server" width="22" scrolling="none">  
                    <telerik:RadSlidingZone id="SlidingZone1" runat="server" width="22">  
                        <telerik:RadSlidingPane id="RadSlidingPane1" title="Pane1" runat="server" width="150">  
                        Pane 1 Content  
                        </telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
                        <telerik:RadSlidingPane id="Radslidingpane2" title="Pane2" runat="server" width="150">   
                        Pane 2 Content  
                        </telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
                        <telerik:RadSlidingPane id="Radslidingpane3" title="Pane3" runat="server" width="150">  
                        Pane 3 Content  
                        </telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
                    </telerik:RadSlidingZone> 
                </telerik:RadPane> 
                <telerik:RadSplitBar id="Radsplitbar1" runat="server" ></telerik:RadSplitBar> 
                <telerik:RadPane id="MiddlePane1" runat="server" Scrolling="None">  
                    <telerik:raddocklayout runat="server" id="RadDockLayout1">  
                        <telerik:raddockzone runat="server" id="RadDockZone1" width="300" MinHeight="200" height="100%" style="float:left;margin-right:15px;background: #f5f4e8;">  
                        </telerik:raddockzone> 
                        <telerik:raddockzone runat="server" id="RadDockZone2" width="300" MinHeight="200" height="100%" style="background: #d5f0fa;float:left;">  
                        </telerik:raddockzone> 
                    </telerik:raddocklayout> 
                </telerik:RadPane>   
            </telerik:RadSplitter> 

Any suggestions on why it doesn't work in Prometheus?

Cheers

Aron
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2007
1 answer
105 views
Hi,

How can I make my RadDock resizable using Prometheus?

Cheers

Aron
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2007
1 answer
187 views
An intresting idea I think may be possible with this new release is simulating the Windows Desktop.  Where you have a RadDockZone at the bottom of a page.  When you collapse the RadDock, it should become docked in the RadDockZone in its collapsed state and when you expand it, it should be moved to some location on the page (0,0 maybe) in its maximized state.

I started to prototype it, with the DockExpandCollapseCommand you can handle the event when the state of the RadDock is changed, now if only I could figure out how to tell if the RadDock is collapsed or expanded from the client side, and add or remove it from a RadDockZone.

The documentation is still light on the client side properties and methods for RadDock, and RadDockZone . . . is it even possible to do what I am attempting? 

If so, I think it would be a great way to display data to users in a way that they are already familiar with (windows desktop feel).  It would overcome some shortcomings of the RadWindow control due to problems with the browser when moving and resizing windows.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2007
3 answers
461 views
Before the Prometheus version of RadAjaxManager I could have a page like the following where I emit from the code-behind a client side variable that would reference the client side instance of the RadAjaxManager.

ASPX Code:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default2.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default2" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadAjax.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radA" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
    <script type="text/javascript"> 
            function TextBoxCustomAjax(eventArgs) 
            {      
                ajaxMgr.AjaxRequest(eventArgs); 
            } 
    </script> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
    <div> 
            <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" onkeyup="TextBoxCustomAjax('TextBox1');" runat="server" /> 
            <br /> 
            <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" /> 
    </div> 
        <radA:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" EnableOutsideScripts="true" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest"> 
            <AjaxSettings> 
                <radA:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1"> 
                    <UpdatedControls> 
                        <radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Label1" /> 
                    </UpdatedControls> 
                </radA:AjaxSetting> 
            </AjaxSettings> 
        </radA:RadAjaxManager> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 


Code Behind:
using System; 
using System.Data; 
using System.Configuration; 
using System.Web; 
using System.Web.Security; 
using System.Web.UI; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 
 
public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page  
{ 
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (!Page.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered("AjaxManager")) 
            Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Page.GetType(), "AjaxManager", string.Format("var ajaxMgr = {0};",RadAjaxManager1.ClientID), true); 
    } 
 
 
    protected void RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (e.Argument == TextBox1.ClientID) 
        { 
            Label1.Text = TextBox1.Text; 
        } 
    } 
} 

Today, I converted the same code to use the new Prometheus version of RadAjaxManager and I get the following JavaScript error when function TextBoxCustomAjax is called: "Object does not support this property or method".

Here is the code that is using the Prometheus version:

ASPX Code:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
    <script type="text/javascript"> 
            function TextBoxCustomAjax(eventArgs) 
            {      
                ajaxMgr.AjaxRequest(eventArgs); 
            } 
    </script> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> 
        <div> 
            <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" onkeyup="TextBoxCustomAjax('TextBox1');" runat="server" /> 
            <br /> 
            <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" /> 
        </div> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest"> 
            <AjaxSettings> 
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1"> 
                    <UpdatedControls> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Label1" /> 
                    </UpdatedControls> 
                </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
            </AjaxSettings> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

Code Behind:
using System; 
using System.Data; 
using System.Configuration; 
using System.Web; 
using System.Web.Security; 
using System.Web.UI; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 
 
public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page  
{ 
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (!Page.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered("AjaxManager")) 
            Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Page.GetType(), "AjaxManager", string.Format("var ajaxMgr = {0};",RadAjaxManager1.ClientID), true); 
    } 
 
 
    protected void RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (e.Argument == TextBox1.ClientID) 
        { 
            Label1.Text = TextBox1.Text; 
        } 
    } 
} 

Is there a way to accomplish this same functionality using the Prometheus version of the RadAjaxManager. I can change the line in TextBoxCustomAjax to:
<%=RadAjaxManger1.ClientID %>.AjaxRequest(eventargs);
and that will work, but that is not ideal for my current scenario.

Thanks.
Ken Fleming
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 May 2007
1 answer
195 views
Hello :

We have developed our app with Ajax Control Toolkit so we have update panels all over the  place. Since we recently bought Telerik we are trying to migrate some page using RadAjaxManager( there are still some update Panels on the page). Is it ok to use RadAjaxManager (not promethues) and update panels on the same page.Already started having some javascripts and validation problems with VAM.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Raj
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Apr 2007
1 answer
126 views
Hello :

We are using Asp.net Ajax  Control tool kit in our current App.After we bought Telerik when we have few problems with Ajax Control Tool kit, we thought of removing all the Update Panels and eventuall use just the ajax functionality of Telerik(RadAjaxManager and RadAjaxLoadingPanel) .But now that Promotheus is released and since its using the MS Ajax framework, i think its not a good idea. I guess my question is are all the controls that are available in Rad Asp.net controls will they be migrated to promotheus to get ajax effects ?
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Apr 2007
7 answers
170 views
I have an asp panel that contains 3 grids. Only one grid is visible at a time. I currently use a Non-Prometheus RadAjax manager which updates itself allowing me to hide or unhide them.

In "Current RadAjax Limitations" it says I "Cannot ajaxify container controls." How should now handle this case.

Thanks,
John
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?