Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
253 views
It works in the old radsplitter,but this one I cannot seem to colapse the darned pane!

(from code behind)
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2007
4 answers
201 views
Hi Telerik,

The vb.net examples for Dynamically Created Docks and My Portal don't work and give a script error.

C# examples work fine.

Has anyone managed to get the dynamic adding of docks to work with vb.net?

Many thanks

Aron
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2007
1 answer
134 views
Is it possible for you guys to add a DockMode="Locked" enum value so that an item is NOT movable?  Also, a DockPode="PosLocked" enum value to make an item not movable and locked in its current position (such that if it was in position 2, deleting items 0 and 1 would not make it move ... and adding a new item between 0 and 1 would push the current 1 to be 3)?

I know that the "Locked" functionality can be done with DockHandle="None", but it would be nice to be able to lock an item without changing its appearance.

-Shaun

PS. "Locked" is more important than "PosLocked" ... "PosLocked" was really just a "that would be cool" item.
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2007
2 answers
298 views
As per the documentation I am attempting to initiate a download from an ajaxified control like this:

RadAjaxPanel1.ResponseScripts.Add(String.Format(@"window.location.href = ""{0}"";", http://yoursite.com/Your_File));

However that brings up IE's Information bar. Once the user clicks on "download file..." the page "refreshes" to the state when it first loaded prior to any ajax requests and the file does not download.

Is there any way to work around this? I understand that files will not download automatically without user intervention since XP SP2, but isn't clicking on a button to initiate an ajax request "user intervention" or is that "broken" because of the callback?
Geoff Van Brunt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2007
3 answers
472 views
Hi, just trying to get tooltips to work with tabs and so far no luck, it always just shows an empty tooltip

first off the tooltip manager with no targeted controls - no dice
second tried targeting the TabStrip control - no dice
third tried targeting each tab by it's id (not client id) - no dice
fourth tried without tooltip manager and referenced both tabstrip and individual tabs with tooltip control - no dice

I guess that the problem lies in the fact that title is not a valid attribute for a tab control and the tooltip control does not access it's namesake attribute in the tab control.

I haven't tried using ClientID's yet though..
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 May 2007
1 answer
162 views
I am having some trouble understanding how to best use the new version of radAJAX. 

My first issue has to do with radAJAXPanel.  In the past I would wrap a series of controls in the ajaxPanel and it would take care of the rest, now I am getting spotty results.  I have a series of controls (1 radComboBox and 4 ASP.NET TextBoxes) in a table - I surround the table with the radAjaxPanel and they continue to postback (no AJAX calls.)  I figure this might have to do with the nature of my app (MasterPage (w/ radAJAXManager), UserControls, etc.) so I wire up the 5 controls using the MasterPage's radAJAXManager and now the proper callback occurs but my layout is ruined as all the affected controls are wrapped in a new div followed by a non-breaking space.

Under what circumstances can we use a radAJAXPanel?  And are the layout issues with radAJAXManager fixable, or is it just the nature of the beast?

Thanks!
Bill


Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 04 May 2007
3 answers
360 views
I am trying to ajaxify a RadGrid with the new Prometheus RadAjaxManager using the following code but for some reason the loadingPanel never shows up. I would like the loadingPanel to show up on top of the RadGrid. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ajax" runat="server" EnablePageHeadUpdate="false" DefaultLoadingPanelID="loadingPanel"> 
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="grid"> 
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="grid" LoadingPanelID="loadingPanel" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        </AjaxSettings> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="loadingPanel" runat="server" Width="75px" Height="75px" Transparency="20"> 
        <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/Telerik/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" /> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 03 May 2007
1 answer
258 views
I am doing some testing with the 3rd party control WebScheduler by ComponentGo. I have found that when I have the Prometheus version of RadAjaxManager on my page along with the ComponentGo Web Scheduler that if I make a client-side AjaxRequest that in my OnResponseEnd function the args.EventArgument and args.EventTarget values are empty strings. If I remove the WebScheduler component from the page it behaves as expected. Also I tested with RadAjax 1.7.0.0 and it works fine. I know this involves a 3rd party control, but I wanted to see if you all had any ideas? Below is the markup that I am using for both the 1.7.0.0 and Prometheus versions. 

RadAjax 1.7.0.0
ASPX
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="RadAjax.aspx.cs" Inherits="RadAjax" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>RadAjax 2007 Q1</title> 
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> 
        function InitiateAjaxRequest(arguments) 
        { 
            <%=RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>.AjaxRequest(arguments); 
        } 
 
        function ajaxOnResponseEnd(sender, args) 
        { 
            var message; 
            message = "EventTarget: " + args.EventTarget + "\n\n"; 
            message += "EventArgument: " + args.EventArgument + "\n"; 
            alert(message); 
        } 
    </script></head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> 
    <RadAjax:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" EnableOutsideScripts="true" OnAjaxRequest="Telerik_AjaxRequest" ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd="ajaxOnResponseEnd"> 
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <RadAjax:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1"> 
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <RadAjax:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblTime" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </RadAjax:AjaxSetting> 
       </AjaxSettings> 
    </RadAjax:RadAjaxManager>   
    <div> 
       <a href="javascript:InitiateAjaxRequest('UpdateTime,1');">Update Time</a> 
       <br /> 
       <asp:Label ID="lblTime" runat="server" /> 
       <br /> 
       <ComponentGo:Scheduler ID="Sch" runat="server" BackColor="WhiteSmoke" Caption="Schedule Book" 
            Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="Small" FreeDateColor="LightCoral" FreeTimeColor="White" 
            Height="200px" HorizontalHeaderLine="1px Black Solid" HorizontalLine="1px Silver Solid" 
            ObjectID="SchObj" VerticalLine0="2px Silver Solid" VerticalLine1="1px Silver Solid" 
            VerticalResourceLine="1px Silver Solid" Width="100%" NumberOfCols="47" TimeResolution="HalfHour" 
             FirstDateTime="2007-04-12 4:00am" CellWidth="20px"  
              SaveStateData="All" BehaviorOptions="AllowOverlapItems, Default"  
             WorkHourBegin="12:00" WorkHourEnd="12:00" ViewOptions="ShowCaption, Default"> 
            <BodyStyle BackColor="#C0C0C0" ContextMenuID="BodyMenu"> 
            </BodyStyle> 
            <TimeLineStyle Font-Size="X-Small" ResourceImage="Gray"> 
            </TimeLineStyle> 
            <CaptionStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" ResourceImage="Navy"> 
            </CaptionStyle> 
            <ResourceListStyle BackColor="Snow" ContextMenuID="ResourcesMenu"> 
            </ResourceListStyle> 
            <ResourceHeaderStyle BackColor="#D5E1FF"> 
            </ResourceHeaderStyle> 
            <Columns> 
                <ComponentGo:ResourceColumn ShowTree="True" Text="Name"> 
                </ComponentGo:ResourceColumn> 
                <ComponentGo:ResourceColumn DataIndex="1" Text="Description" Width="500px"> 
                </ComponentGo:ResourceColumn> 
            </Columns> 
            <DefaultItemStyle> 
                <EventDblClick ClientScript="editItem(SchObj.get_ClickedItem().get_ItemID())" /> 
             </DefaultItemStyle> 
        </ComponentGo:Scheduler> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

C#
using System; 
using System.Data; 
using System.Configuration; 
using System.Collections; 
using System.Web; 
using System.Web.Security; 
using System.Web.UI; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 
 
public partial class RadAjax : System.Web.UI.Page 
{ 
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (!IsPostBack) 
            UpdateTime(); 
    } 
    protected void Telerik_AjaxRequest(object sender, Telerik.WebControls.AjaxRequestEventArgs e) 
    { 
        string[] args = e.Argument.Split(','); 
        if (string.Compare(args[0], "updatetime", true) == 0) 
            UpdateTime(); 
    } 
 
    private void UpdateTime() 
    { 
        lblTime.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString(); 
    } 
} 
 


Ajax "Prometheus"
ASPX
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="AjaxPrometheus.aspx.cs" Inherits="AjaxPrometheus" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head id="Head1" runat="server"> 
    <title>Ajax "Prometheus"</title> 
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> 
        function InitiateAjaxRequest(arguments) 
        { 
            <%=RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>.AjaxRequest(arguments); 
        } 
 
        function ajaxOnResponseEnd(sender, args) 
        { 
            var message; 
            message = "EventTarget: " + args.EventTarget + "\n\n"; 
            message += "EventArgument: " + args.EventArgument + "\n"; 
            alert(message); 
        } 
    </script></head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> 
    <Telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="Telerik_AjaxRequest" ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd="ajaxOnResponseEnd"> 
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <Telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1"> 
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <Telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblTime" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </Telerik:AjaxSetting> 
       </AjaxSettings> 
    </Telerik:RadAjaxManager>   
    <div> 
       <a href="javascript:InitiateAjaxRequest('UpdateTime,1');">Update Time</a> 
       <br /> 
       <asp:Label ID="lblTime" runat="server" /> 
       <br /> 
       <ComponentGo:Scheduler ID="Sch" runat="server" BackColor="WhiteSmoke" Caption="Schedule Book" 
            Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="Small" FreeDateColor="LightCoral" FreeTimeColor="White" 
            Height="200px" HorizontalHeaderLine="1px Black Solid" HorizontalLine="1px Silver Solid" 
            ObjectID="SchObj" VerticalLine0="2px Silver Solid" VerticalLine1="1px Silver Solid" 
            VerticalResourceLine="1px Silver Solid" Width="100%" NumberOfCols="47" TimeResolution="HalfHour" 
             FirstDateTime="2007-04-12 4:00am" CellWidth="20px"  
              SaveStateData="All" BehaviorOptions="AllowOverlapItems, Default"  
             WorkHourBegin="12:00" WorkHourEnd="12:00" ViewOptions="ShowCaption, Default"> 
            <BodyStyle BackColor="#C0C0C0" ContextMenuID="BodyMenu"> 
            </BodyStyle> 
            <TimeLineStyle Font-Size="X-Small" ResourceImage="Gray"> 
            </TimeLineStyle> 
            <CaptionStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" ResourceImage="Navy"> 
            </CaptionStyle> 
            <ResourceListStyle BackColor="Snow" ContextMenuID="ResourcesMenu"> 
            </ResourceListStyle> 
            <ResourceHeaderStyle BackColor="#D5E1FF"> 
            </ResourceHeaderStyle> 
            <Columns> 
                <ComponentGo:ResourceColumn ShowTree="True" Text="Name"> 
                </ComponentGo:ResourceColumn> 
                <ComponentGo:ResourceColumn DataIndex="1" Text="Description" Width="500px"> 
                </ComponentGo:ResourceColumn> 
            </Columns> 
            <DefaultItemStyle> 
                <EventDblClick ClientScript="editItem(SchObj.get_ClickedItem().get_ItemID())" /> 
             </DefaultItemStyle> 
        </ComponentGo:Scheduler> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

C#
using System; 
using System.Data; 
using System.Configuration; 
using System.Collections; 
using System.Web; 
using System.Web.Security; 
using System.Web.UI; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 
 
public partial class AjaxPrometheus : System.Web.UI.Page 
{ 
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (!IsPostBack) 
            UpdateTime(); 
    } 
    protected void Telerik_AjaxRequest(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs e) 
    { 
        string[] args = e.Argument.Split(','); 
        if (string.Compare(args[0], "updatetime", true) == 0) 
            UpdateTime(); 
    } 
 
    private void UpdateTime() 
    { 
        lblTime.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString(); 
    } 
} 
 


I am using version Demo version 2.0.9 of the ComponentGo control which can be downloaded here.

Additionally, I can provide my example project via email if you would like.

Thanks,
Paige
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 03 May 2007
1 answer
195 views

Hello,

I have 3 dockzones in first one I have couple of raddocks witch are collapsed, I need them to expend when I drop them on one of the other 2 zones.

I set the collapsed property to false when it changed position but nothing is happening and it still stays collapsed.

Can you please tell me how to do it?

Thank you,

Shimon

Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 May 2007
2 answers
125 views
Adding a masterpage, droping a radajaxmanager then droping a loadingpanel then throught he designer smart tags trying to set the ajaxmanagers's default loading panel results in crash of vs2005 sp1.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?