Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
40 answers
384 views
Looking at the "P" splitter demos I notice that in FF all of the horizontal splitters are fatter than the vertial ones. They look fine in IE.

An example of what I am seeing can be seen here.

--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 May 2007
18 answers
238 views
At least, not the Gods (although IIRC Prometheus was a titan, not a God).

Anyway.

Started a new AJAX-Enabled web site.
Dragged a Splitter on to it. Splitter is outlined in red (I don't know if this is significant, there were no errors, but generally red's not a colour used to signify that everything is hunky-dory, is it?).
Tried to drag a pane on to the splitter. Can't. Cursor shows a no-drop sign.

<sigh/>

I've not found anything by (skim) reading the docs.

Can you help, or should I just give up, cancel my holiday to Zante (lest I'm struck down) and have a week in Bognor Regis instead?



--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 May 2007
1 answer
157 views
Previously, I had built a pretty comprehensive layout control system with rad dock.  Eventually, I'll be migrating to the new version of the dock, although I will probably wait until the editor is migrated to prometheus as well. 

One problem that I'd like answered before I even start said work, though, has to do with the dock state.  From what I've gathered in the docs, the dock now stores its state by calling returning a List of DockState objects.  I assume one would serialize the list and store it into a database, as restore it and apply said state on init later. 

While this is a much more elegant way of doing things, it presents me with a problem.  The old dock stored state differently.  We have lots of old style state stored in our production database that I'd need to convert somehow.  I understand it probably wouldn't be a one to one transition, but any help in figuring out the best way to do this would be handy.  It is probably one of the biggest migration issues we'd face.
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2007
4 answers
203 views
I have implemented a slider in my page and it works great until someone holds down the mouse and scrolls outside of the window.  I have tested it on Firefox 2(.0.0.3) and IE 7.  It doesn't seem to happen in IE.

The problem only seems to happen in FF and when the browser is not the full screen.  I have even tried it in the online examples and it happened there too.  If you grab the drag handle and pull it up/down/left/right past the end of the track, it will scroll the page.

The reason why this is a big issue in my application is because I have set the page to not show scroll bars.  Once the page scrolls, it moves the content off the page and the user can't get it back unless they drag the handle the opposite way past the end of the track.

I don't think I will need to post code with this one because it happens with the example.

Shawn
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2007
1 answer
230 views
As can be seen with my previous posts on problems I am having with the Docking controls, I decided, perhaps the simplest thing would be to step back from the application I'm building and create a test application.

The first thing I did, was following the documentation, I created a simple page with a RadDockLayout, A RadDockZone, and a single button. In the code behind, I took the code strait out of the documentation for creating dynamic docks. I create a dock dynamically and add it to the RadDockZone.

I ran this simple test page and clicking the button adds a new dock, dynamically created, to my DockZone. Yay! That part works great.

Now, taking it a step further, all I added was a RadAjaxManager and using the designer, hooked up the button as a firing control and the RadDockLayout and RadDockZone as the targets.
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Button1">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadDockLayout1" />
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadDockZone1" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

Now, when I run the page and click the button, there is no postback and a Dock appears in the DockZone. Yay ... er ... wait, no. Not Yay, because the Dock is broken. It can't be moved, the controls in the titlebar don't work, and I notice there is a Javascript Error on the page. I open up the error to take a peak and see:

Line: 6
Char: 31345
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: http://localhost:3521/TelerikDockTest/Default.aspx.


So....it appears my issues have nothing to do with my application and there is some fundamental problem with using the AjaxManager to "Ajaxify" and event which dynamically creates a Dock.

Now, what's interesting is if I click the button a couple of times, creating some docks, the error doesn't stop Docks from being created, they just come in "broken." If I then however click the refresh button on my browser, the docks I created are there, there is no error on the page, and I can move the docks and the controls in the titlebar work.

So it seems that in order for a Dock to work correctly it has to be registered during a full page cycle (The Page_Init has to be called) and as far as I can tell there is no intuitive way to Ajaxify the dynamic creation of RadDocks.

I do hope I am wrong, and if so, please guide me to what I need to change in order for this to work as expected.

Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2007
3 answers
191 views
I have a simple test page set up and so far I can successfully dynamically create docks and using the procedures outlined the documentation, I create the docks in the PageInit function. Everything is working well in that I can repeatedly click a button and create docks, each click adding another dock to the page.

Alls docks are set to Floating and there are no DockZones on the page. What I have noticed, is if I move a Dock to a different position than it started in, that position does not seem to be saved. So each successive click of my button creates a new dock, but resets all docks to the starting coordinates so they are stacked and I have to move them around to see them all.

I'm sure the reasoning is because after a Dock is moved on the page, that change in state is never actually saved. But what I can't seem to glean from the docs and examples is how to explicitly save that state after a dock has been moved.

Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2007
0 answers
209 views
The attached RadDock Prometheus hotfix includes several critical bugfixes. Also new functionality is added.
RadDock Prometheus will be officially updated on 21 of May,2007.

If you are customer please open a support ticket to obtain the registered Single Developer build.
Valeri Hristov
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 May 2007
3 answers
266 views
I've been continuing on working on creating my page that uses dynamically created docks.

Issues I've run into:
1. I tried making it so I can create a dock dynamically by clicking a button. This works, but if I try to "Ajaxify" the process with adding a RadAjaxManager (Prometheus) then odd things happen. I set the firing control to the button and the target to the RadDockLayout control. I click the button and a dock shows up as expected, but it is frozen, can't be moved, and none of the command buttons work. There is a javascript error on the page and I can post that later if need be.
2. If I don't hook up a RadAjaxManager, then my button causes a postback and the dock is created and I can move it around and it is fully functional, so that is good. The problem lies in that inside the dock I have a user control. If I leave the dock where it is initially created, then I can click the buttons in my user control and they work as expected. If I move the dock, once moved, the buttons in my user control cease to work. It's as if moving the dock causes the buttons to not postback or something.
3. I have tried to "Ajaxify" the user control in the dock. I tried a few methods. One try I use an RadAjaxManager in the main page and when I dynamically create the control and stick it in the dock I also set the AjaxSettings in code using FindControl on my user control in order to get the items. If i do this, I get a message popping up saying the button in user control could not be found in the update panel. Since this didn't seem to work how I wanted, I tried a different approach and inside my user control I just wrapped the whole thing in a RadAjaxPanel. This didn't throw any errors, but it also didn't convert any of the postback events into callbacks. I could see my browser reloading the page on each click.
4. Finally, if I don't try to Ajaxify anyhing and use only postbacks, everything seems to work (except the issue in 2) but another odd thing happens. I click a button and a dock is created with my user control inside it. I then click a button on my user control and a postback seems to occur, but it appears the desired effect of the button click doesn't occur. If I click it again, then it works as expected. For some reason the first click seems to get "eaten." After that first click, all subsequent clicks (on any control) work without issue.

Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2007
3 answers
282 views
I have a tooltip working in my page.  The following is my sample code.

                <asp:Label ID="lnkbtnHelpStocks" runat="server" style="color: #007DC9; text-decoration:underline;">Help</asp:Label> 
                <telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server" Position="BottomRight" RelativeTo="Element" TargetControlID="lnkbtnHelpStocks" Sticky="True" Width="300" Skin="Web20">  
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXx CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC  
                </telerik:RadToolTip> 
 

Once I mouseover the "Help" label.  It shows me the tooltip.  Then when I move out the current page.  Occasionally it gives me the following Javascript error.

Sys.InvalidOperationException: Handler was not added through the Sys.UI.DomEvent.AddHandler method.

Any idea?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2007
4 answers
327 views
Hi
I have a Gridview. There is one column which is of templateField Type. on this templatefiled's  ItemTemplate there I placed <asp:button>

I have used tooltip this button

<telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip_ForGrid" runat="server" TargetControlID="btnAdd" Text="Add Button with in Grid" Width="150" Sticky="true"></telerik:RadToolTip>

But the problem is that this tooltip is shown on MouseOver for only FirstButton in Column. For Rest of buttons in same column no tooltip shown...How ToolTip can  be displayed for all buttons?  

Carry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?