Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
114 views
Hi,
I am evaluating the RADEditor for MOSS. In the current solution we need to generate documents to be stored in Lists using MOSS Rich Text editor. But our customer is extremely interested in making use of RAD Editor. Before we buy your product we need to know the following.

1. Is it possible to use the RAD editor as a control which can be placed in a custom webpart. Will I get a handle to the control enabling me to access its contents.

2. I read in one of your forums post that RAD doesnt work in IE and a release towards this fix is imminent. How soon is this release planned?

I would really appreciate a prompt response to help us making a purchase decision in time.

Warm Rgds
Ubong
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2007
5 answers
359 views
Hi, not sure what's happening but I'm having a couple of issues with Ajax Prom... working with LoadingPanels and RadNumericTextBoxes

the follow page exhibits 2 unexpected behaviours
1) Clicking on the checkbox will cause a postback as expected but after the first postback the loadingpanel never shows again. It always shows for the dropdown postback though
2) When the checkbox triggers a postback, the RadNumericTextBox style, width, spin button functions and number client validation etc is lost

Any ideas if this is a bug or am I missing the obvious?

Thanks
Scott.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="NumericInput.aspx.cs" Inherits="Tests_NumericInput" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Ajax Numeric Input</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="sm1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager> 
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ram1" runat="server" EnableAJAX="true" EnableHistory="true" EnablePageHeadUpdate="true">  
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="ddlType">  
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadAjaxPanel1" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        </AjaxSettings> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
      
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="LoadingPanel1" runat="server" Height="75px" InitialDelayTime="0" Width="75px">  
        <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" AlternateText="Loading" /> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
    <div> 
        <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlType" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlType_SelectedIndexChanged">  
            <asp:ListItem Value="">Select</asp:ListItem> 
            <asp:ListItem Value="Text">Value1</asp:ListItem> 
            <asp:ListItem Value="Number">Value2</asp:ListItem> 
        </asp:DropDownList> 
    </div> 
    <div> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" Height="200px" Width="300px" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1">  
            <asp:Panel ID="pnlNumber" runat="Server" Visible="true">  
                <asp:CheckBox ID="chkNumberValidation" runat="server" Text="Enable" AutoPostBack="true" OnCheckedChanged="chkNumberValidation_CheckChanged" Checked="true"/>  
                <br /> 
                <radI:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtNumberMinLength" Width="60px" runat="server" ShowSpinButtons="True">  
                    <EnabledStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" /> 
                </radI:RadNumericTextBox> 
                <radI:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtNumberMaxLength" Width="60px" runat="server" ShowSpinButtons="True">  
                        <EnabledStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" /> 
                </radI:RadNumericTextBox> 
            </asp:Panel> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

Codebehind
using System;  
using System.Data;  
using System.Configuration;  
using System.Collections;  
using System.Web;  
using System.Web.Security;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;  
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;  
 
public partial class Tests_NumericInput : System.Web.UI.Page  
{  
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
 
    }  
 
    protected void chkNumberValidation_CheckChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        txtNumberMinLength.Enabled = txtNumberMaxLength.Enabled = chkNumberValidation.Checked;  
    }  
 
    protected void ddlType_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        pnlNumber.Visible = true;  
    }  
}  
 

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2007
1 answer
82 views
Hi,

I am having trouble using radEditor in MOSS page layouts.

the radEditor works fine when i add it as a web part on a new page but doesnt work when i add it as a webpart in a page layout.

When I create a new page based on that page layout, the radEditor is there but is not editable - i just see the title.

please help.

Thanks,
Dan
dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2007
8 answers
294 views
Hi,

I am (obviously) new to Prometheous and was wondering if you could tell me where I am going wrong with my problem.

I have a radAjaxPanel that contains timing data. This timing data is refreshed over AJAX every 10 seconds. Each individual being timed has a number of properties (such as best times, entrant, etc.), which should dispplay on clicking on the name of the rider. This should appear in a ToolTip.

I'll walk you quickly through my code:

I have the following ToolTipManager:

        <telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="radTooltipManager" runat="server"  
                Width="430px" 
                Height="40px"     
                OffsetX="100" 
                Animation="None" 
                Sticky="true"           
                Title="Hello"     
                Position="BottomRight"             
                ManualClose="true" 
                Skin="Default"> 
        </telerik:RadToolTipManager> 

I have an Ajax Panel (standard radControls):

                        <radA:RadAjaxPanel ID="radAjaxPanelSector" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="ajaxLoadingPanel"> 
 

Inside which I am rendering a table of results. For a row:

<asp:Repeater ID="rptTop10Riders" runat="server"> 
                                            <ItemTemplate> 
                                                <tr> 
                                                    <td headers="thIcon" id="tdIcon" runat="server"></td> 
                                                    <td headers="thPosition"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"SectorLeaderboardPosition") %></td> 
                                                    <td headers="thRaceNo" id="tdRaceNo" runat="server" class="raceNo"></td> 
                                                    <td headers="thRiderName" id="tdRiderName" runat="server" class="riderName"></td> 
                                                    <td headers="thMachine"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Machine") %></td> 
                                                    <td headers="thLap"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"LapNumber") %></td> 
                                                    <td headers="thSectorTime"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"SectorTimeAsString") %></td>                                          
                                                    <td headers="thLapTime"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"LapTimeAsString") %></td> 
                                                    <td headers="thLapSpeed"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"LapSpeed") %></td> 
                                                </tr> 
                                            </ItemTemplate> 
                                        </asp:Repeater> 

All very simple.
Not if we take the tdRiderName cell (I've highlighted this in bold). I hook into the binding on the OnItemDataBound event of the Repeater, thus:

void rptTop10Riders_ItemDataBound(object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
        { 
            switch (e.Item.ItemType) 
            { 
                case ListItemType.Item: 
                case ListItemType.AlternatingItem: 
 
                    SectorResults sectorResults=(SectorResults)e.Item.DataItem; 
                    HtmlTableCell tdRiderName=(HtmlTableCell)e.Item.FindControl("tdRiderName"); 
                     
                        HtmlAnchor riderNameAnchor=new HtmlAnchor(); 
                        riderNameAnchor.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl(sectorResults.CompetitorName)); 
                        //riderNameAnchor.HRef="#"; 
                        riderNameAnchor.ID="riderNameAnchor"+sectorResults.RaceNumber.ToString(); 
                        riderNameAnchor.Title="Click to expand this riders details"; 
                        tdRiderName.Controls.Add(riderNameAnchor ); 
 
                        this.radTooltipManager.TargetControls.Add(riderNameAnchor.ID); 
 
                         
                    } 
                    break; 
            } 
        } 
 

This displays an empty bubble. More or less okay. Problem is, it does not call my AjaxUpdate event, even though it is defined in Page_Load:

            radTooltipManager.AjaxUpdate+=new Telerik.Web.UI.ToolTipUpdateEventHandler(radTooltipManager_AjaxUpdate); 
 
void radTooltipManager_AjaxUpdate(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.ToolTipUpdateEventArgs e) 
        { 
            int index = e.TargetControlID.LastIndexOf("_"); 
            string elementID = e.TargetControlID.Substring(index + 1); 
            this.UpdateToolTip(elementID, e.UpdatePanel);  
        } 

Also, when the page is refreshed via the Ajax Panel On Ajax Request event, I get a JS error, saying "Object doesn't support this property or method".

I must be missing something here, can someone please help?

Many thanks

Nathan


surfer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2007
9 answers
315 views
I have a grid that I want to use a slider in (as a custom pager).

The thing is, the pager used by the end-user is selectable at run time. Not a problem, I've got a couple of pagers that my users can use.

FYI I'm talking about a project that can be found here.

Using a technique one of the Grid support guys gave me, I intercept the Grid's standard Pager initialization and plug in my own, like this ...
    void Grid_ItemEvent(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e) { 
      if(e.EventInfo is GridInitializePagerItem) { 
        e.Canceled = true; 
        GridInitializePagerItem info = e.EventInfo as GridInitializePagerItem; 
        (e.Item as GridPagerItem).PagerContentCell.Controls.Clear(); 
        (e.Item as GridPagerItem).PagerContentCell.Controls.Add(SelectPager(info)); 
      } 
    } 
 
Where 'SelectPager' is a routine that returns the relevant pager object.

Works a treat.

However, if my Pager control is a RadSlider things are a little different.

The slider is created and added to the PagerContentCell.Controls collection, but when the Grid is resized only the outer container for the Slider is there.

This is the HTML generated when the Grid is first displayed...
    <table> 
      <tr class="GridPager_Default"> 
        <td colspan="7"> 
          <div id="RadSliderWrapper_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00" class="radslider RadSlider_Default horizontal" unselectable="on" style="width: 200px;"> 
            <a title="Decrease" class="handle decrease" href="javascript:%20void(0);" id="RadSliderDecrease_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00" onmouseup="this.blur();" name="RadSliderDecrease_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00"><span>Decrease</span></a><span class="track" id="RadSliderTrack_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00" unselectable="on" style="width: 178px; height: 2px;"></span> 
            <div class="selectedregion" id="RadSliderSelected_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00" style="width: 4.5px;"> 
              <span class="track" id="RadSliderTrack_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00" unselectable="on" style="width: 178px; height: 2px;"><!-- --></span> 
            </div><span class="track" id="RadSliderTrack_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00" unselectable="on" style="width: 178px; height: 2px;"><a title="Drag" class="draghandle" href="javascript:%20void(0);" id="RadSliderDrag_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00" onmouseup="this.blur();" style="left: 0px;" name="RadSliderDrag_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00"><span>Drag</span></a></span><a title="Increase" class="handle increase" href="javascript:%20void(0);" id="RadSliderIncrease_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00" onmouseup="this.blur();" name="RadSliderIncrease_RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00"><span>Increase</span></a> 
          </div> 
          <div style="width: 200px; display: none;" class="radslider RadSlider_Default horizontal" id="RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00"> 
            <input type="hidden" name="RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00_ClientState" id="RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00_ClientState" value="{"> 
          </div> 
        </td> 
      </tr> 
    </table> 
 

And this is what it looks like after the Grid is resized....
    <table> 
      <tr class="GridPager_Default"> 
        <td colspan="7"> 
          <div style="width: 200px;" class="radslider RadSlider_Default horizontal" id="RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00"> 
            <input type="hidden" name="RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00_ClientState" id="RadGrid1_ctl01_ctl03_ctl01_ctl00_ClientState"> 
          </div> 
        </td> 
      </tr> 
    </table> 
 

All I'm doing ATM to create my Slider is this ...
public class PageSlider : RadSlider { 
  public PageSlider() 
    : base() { 
    MinimumValue = 1; 
    MaximumValue = 100; 
    Length = 200; 
 
    AutoPostBack = true; 
  } 
} 
 


--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2007
7 answers
168 views
Here is a short list of what I have been missing currently in rad Ajax Prometheus based on a aprox 1 week usage:

1) RenderMode property, similar to UpdatePanel. Should be able to propagate this down to all nested UpdatePanels.

2) OnAjaxSettingCreated server-side event with a parameter - the instance of the UpdatePanel created for the particular AjaxSetting. This way, I will be able to customize the UpdatePanel for each particular AjaxSeting. Also, the inititor control and the control to be updated should be available as paramenters to the event arguments, if possible.

3) Docs - download / upload files with rad Ajax "Prometheus", and in general, docs should be updated a lot since currently there are not that much starting points I can hook myself to.

Congrats on what appears to be a wonderful product.

Cheers
~Matt
surfer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2007
4 answers
274 views
Does anyone know if MS AJAX supports legacy browsers without the XmlHttpRequest object? Or if it works in a setup where end-users have set the "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting" option to Disabled? There is a very old <iframe> trick to request remote hosts in XmlHttpRequest is not available, will this work?

And if it doesn't is rad AjaxManager able to extend it so it does provide support for that?
surfer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2007
1 answer
178 views
Hi everybody

In my publishing site I have a layout page with up to 12 edit fields. Whenever I try to create new pages with that layout or edit those, it takes very long to load the page and the cpu load goes up to 100% for 1-2 minutes.
Is it possible to decrease the loading time and/or the cpu load? The final site should contain a couple of hundred pages and it will take forever to edit them.

Cheers,
Robert
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2007
9 answers
500 views
One of the limitations I have found of ASP.NET AJAX is that you cannot use response.redirect on the callback. Which is very annoying because you often have to do some processing on the postback before redirecting, e.g. checking they are logged on.

If I swap to RAD:AJAX Prometheus can I fix this problem ?

Jon
Massimiliano Bassili
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2007
2 answers
173 views
Hello,

I moved my Dynamic Dock example to a page with a master page and ContentPlaceHolder.
When i run it a get this error:
Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'null' is null or not an object.

On this line:
</title><link href="/Xone8/WebResource.axd?d=JYItj4zFqoAGwRUEl-E82KSRAR8ViGbNYE9UPIBbgRA_ewW81lqGk_MFps_LaA7y0&amp;t=633129527780000000" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" /><link href="/Xone8/WebResource.axd?d=JYItj4zFqoAGwRUEl-E82KSRAR8ViGbNYE9UPIBbgRA0PrxzGxCsXopeyPS3nq4hMS5TBrjVU08cClyNlImGww2&amp;t=633129527780000000" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" /><link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/Xone8/WebResource.axd?d=nS3xVFy4qT24WAh36i0R7zPD27K2dMn5znT3czS1xGNxGnxfsqh8zk0GBT0vpIrV7aqF215BI2DjOeltKPW-25T5Ar8AQNaNJ9GbLykFNRk1&amp;amp;t=633131020580000000" /><link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/Xone8/WebResource.axd?d=nS3xVFy4qT24WAh36i0R7zPD27K2dMn5znT3czS1xGNxGnxfsqh8zk0GBT0vpIrV9mSvD35NNSuSsIamyVSYJ7T9qH5aLsXwd8ei1IoGSCo1&amp;amp;t=633131020580000000" /></head>

I download your trial hotfix of Prometheus but this error still exists.

Thanks,
Shimon
shimon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 May 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?