Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
160 views
I have several docks in to RadZones. Zones are horizontal.All docks are set to be "docable".
In Fire Fox I noticed some strange behevior.All work faster as in IE7, BUT:
1. RadZones. No resize.
2.Sometimes after drag-and-drop dock is "stick' outside RadZones.
3.If I try move dock from one Zone to second from client code it jumps outside the second Zone. 



 
MrAlex
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2007
6 answers
315 views
I would like to dynamically create and appear docks in 2 Zones.
contens of each dock should be populated from database(text+ image), should be docable(not floating) and has no Commands(if possible).
1.How to set such properties as DockMode or DefaultCommands?
2.Is it possible to set up maximum number of RadDocks for each Zone?
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2007
5 answers
532 views
Hello,

We have so difficulties with the AutoPostBack of DockCommand.
As i work on the dynamic docks i add a command to the dock and update panel, i need it to postback after the client opens a rad window.
the opening of the rad window and close is ok, but after it closes i need to do the post back.
i tried to set it to true on client side and do the doPostBack but it returns this error:
Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method

How can i do the postback of a command after the client side command?

Thanks,
Shimon
shimon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2007
1 answer
180 views
Hi,

i've downloaded the last version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll.
I've create a page with code like that

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default6.aspx.vb" Inherits="Default6" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head runat="server">

<title>NoTitle</title>

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<telerik:RadDockLayout runat="server" ID="RadDockLayout1" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false">

<telerik:RadDock ID="RadDock1" runat="server" Pinned="false" DockMode="Floating">

<Commands>

<telerik:DockExpandCollapseCommand />

<telerik:DockPinUnpinCommand />

<telerik:DockCommand AutoPostBack="true" Text="ciao ciao" />

</Commands>

<TitlebarTemplate>

header

</TitlebarTemplate>

<ContentTemplate>

<asp:Button ID="Btn1" runat="server" Text="Click Me" />

<asp:Label ID="Lbl1" runat="server"></asp:Label>

</ContentTemplate>

</telerik:RadDock>

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server">

<ContentTemplate>

<telerik:RadDock runat="server" ID="RadDock3" Title="Custom Commands + Close">

<Commands>

<telerik:DockCloseCommand />

<telerik:DockCommand AutoPostBack="true" Name="Simple Custom Command" />

</Commands>

<ContentTemplate>

<br />

<ul>

<li>Click the first or the second icon in the titlebar to see the action of the custom

commands.</li>

<li>Click the Close button on the title bar to close the object.</li>

</ul>

<br />

</ContentTemplate>

</telerik:RadDock>

</ContentTemplate>

</asp:UpdatePanel>

</telerik:RadDockLayout>

</form>

</body>

</html>



I would like to make this page Ajax enabled (with no real postback on DockCommand and Btn1).

How can i do this?

Thanks in advice
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2007
1 answer
139 views
Hi telerik,

i've 2 problem with RadDock Object,

1) in I.E. 6.0 when i move the RadDock in a new position and i click on the DockPinUpPin command the RadDock return in a original position.
But this feature work correctly in Firefox and in I.E. 7.0.

2) I would like to know the position of the RadDock Object when i click on the DockCommand.
How can i do that?

Thanks in advice
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2007
1 answer
90 views
When I view a page with a docking layout with docking zones and docks from within a r.a.d.window, all functionality is lost. Is is possible to have the r.a.d.dock work inside the r.a.d.window?
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2007
2 answers
180 views

I'm building a portal and would like to use Prometheus.  My requirements include the following:

  • Dynamic portal page layout - 2 column, 3 column and other page layouts - I will load a different layout based on the page requested
  • Drag and drop of content within the page layout columns
  • Save the locations of the content blocks in a database

I think using the following approach will help me achieve what I need to do.

  • Use a RadDocLayout control as the primary container
  • Place RadDocZone controls inside the layout control, using a zone for each one of my columns or rows that I have on my page
  • Use the RadDoc for all my content objects

I have two questions.

  1. Does this approach seem correct?
  2. I can't seem to get the zone controls in a side by side (horizontal) configuration, I can only get them in a vertical (one on top of the other) configuration.  How can I get the zone controls to be configured to be side by side so I can use them as columns for my page layout?
  • In regards to my 2nd question, I looked at your portal example and you use tables to create the 3 column zone layout that I want. Is this the only way to do this or can I use Div tags or some other approach?

Thanks in advance for the help.

czone
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 May 2007
2 answers
153 views
I was looking over asp.net today and noticed a recent entry from Nikhil Kothari on his UpdateControls Suite.

Since Ajax Prometheus is really all about bringing added functionality and ease of use to the existing asp.net AJAX extensions, I think it would be great if Telerik went beyond just create a nice UI/API to tie it all together and added in some slick things the end user can notice and appreciate.

Adding in options into the RadAjaxManager to provide functionality like Nikhil does with his AnimatedUpdatePanel and UpdateIndicatorPanel would be great.


Hristo Deshev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2007
4 answers
175 views
Is there any support provided for UpdateHistory / AnimatedUpdatePanel?

http://www.nikhilk.net/UpdateControls.aspx

Is there a kb article how they can be plugged in rad Ajax Prometheus?

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2007
2 answers
172 views
Hi, I am trying to ajaxify some pages with the Prometheus AjaxManager but am getting a problem with the radDatePicker control.

With a radDatePicker dropped onto a page and wired up in the radAjaxManager I get the following error message:

Assembly 'RadCalendar.Net2, Version 2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicToken=a1432cd341173140' does not contain a Web resource with name 'Telerik.WebControls.RadControls.Input.Scripts.RadInput.js'

Removing the RadAjaxManager and using a Microsoft Ajax update panel and script manager works fine.

Any ideas on the cause of this?

Regards,
Jonathan
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 May 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?