Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
189 views
I decided to test out the ColorPicker in an application I was building but I ran into some issues. I made sure it worked in a standalone page before I tested it in an integrated setting mixed with a couple r.a.d. .NET 2.0 controls so I know it works in a stand alone scenario.

The problem I found is that on a callback using the non-pr ajax manager (r.a.d. .NET 2.0), the colorpicker stopped working. It worked fine before the callback, but once I caused a callback in an area containing the colorpicker, all functionality stopped working.

Now the color picker is not a control that I absolutely must have in my application, just something I thought would be a nice addition, but my current understanding of the prometheus controls is that I'm encouraged to use the old r.a.d. controls until the pr ones are finalized. With the incompatibility between the old ajax and the color picker, I find myself wondering if the pr ajax would be suggested to use now, or if I should just disregard the colorpicker and add it once the pr controls are done?

Can anyone give me some insight on this delima?
Jonathan Hunter
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 May 2007
1 answer
186 views
Will a RadWindow equivalent be added to Prometheus?  I am looking for a version of RadWindow that doesn't make use of IFRAME so that it can be XHTML compliant.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2007
7 answers
335 views

Hello Telerik support,

I'm working with the Prometheus package

I'm checking the DynamicDocks example. The example "as is" is working OK.

I wanted to load into a dock a user control containing a radCalendar or a radEditor.

Unfortunately this does not work as expected – I get a JavaScript error:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.ScriptLoadFailedException: The script '/ScriptResource.axd?d=Qa-RIKglHvhv2Rt8yGi92KsrPZGbl_zWTQOOwBswCfyo84M9ZscW6S_pf6UqsSUU8zKheiaUrehVc8-xFko8YCU2rA6B-4pCe0GEipWk2-o1&t=633131126120000000' contains multiple calls to Sys.Application.notifyScriptLoaded(). Only one is allowed.

Can you help me with this? Or is a bug in the Prometheus package?

Thank you,

Shimon

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2007
2 answers
155 views
Hi Guys,

You'll have to bear with me as I know very little about the inner workings of Ajax.

As far as I understand, Telerik released Rad:Ajax which allowed us to easily creat Ajaxified sections of the page and managed all the complicated bits for us. At the same time Miscoroft created atlas which did pretty much the same thing, but with the support of Microsoft.

Telerik seem to have decided to adopt ASP.NET AJAX completely now and as far as I understand all prometheus controls are built to use ASP.NET AJAX , so what does the new version of Rad:Ajax actually do that is different ?
surfer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 May 2007
8 answers
259 views
Hi everybody,

I was excited to see, that there is a XHTML Editor for Sharepoint. We are developing a SharePoint CMS Site, which is supposed to be valid XHTML. The only problem was the Richtext Editor that MS provided.
Now I've installed the RadEditor and was glad to see, that it shows proper XHTML in the source view.
However, after I submit my changes, all that great XHTML code gets destroyed by Sharepoint. Now the output is the same as the Richtexteditor's.
Is there any possible way, how I can suppress that Sharepoint behaviour? Or did I do anything wrong with my installation?

Cheers,
Robert
dbacar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2007
2 answers
246 views
After radcombobox performs async postback within prometheus radajaxpanel, I get "unspecified error" js error.

I already changed my code back to using a regular radcontrols ajaxpanel, so I can't provide that.  There was a radgrid inside the panel as well, with enableajax=false.
Bill O'Neil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2007
4 answers
258 views

Seems to do async half of the time, full the other half.

I'm not having the best luck with Prometheus so far.  Every (simple)scenario I have tested it in has failed in one way or another.

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Height="75px"

Width="75px">

<asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" />

</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">

<label>Template</label>

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddTemplates" runat="server"

DataTextField="description" DataValueField="templateid"

OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddTemplates_Changed" AutoPostBack="true">

</asp:DropDownList>

<label>Template Slots</label>

<radG:RadGrid ID="rgTemplateSlots" runat="server" OnNeedDataSource="rgTemplateSlots_NeedDataSource">

<MasterTableView DataKeyNames="TemplateSlotId" AutoGenerateColumns="false">

<Columns>

<radG:GridEditCommandColumn ItemStyle-CssClass="img" ButtonType="ImageButton"

EditImageUrl="~/Images/Edit.gif">

</radG:GridEditCommandColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Shortcut" DataField="Shortcut"></radG:GridBoundColumn>

</Columns>

<EditFormSettings EditFormType="Template" CaptionDataField="shortcut" CaptionFormatString="Editing {0}">

<FormStyle BackColor="White" />

<FormTemplate>

<radE:RadEditor ID="txtSlot" runat="server"

DocumentsFilters="*.pdf,*.doc"

ImagesFilters="*.gif,*.jpg,*.bmp,*.png"

Html='<%#Eval("Markup") %>'

</radE:RadEditor>

</FormTemplate>

</EditFormSettings>

</MasterTableView>

</radG:RadGrid>

</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

FL-Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2007
1 answer
127 views
The scenario works fine in radcontrols ajaxpanel.  Broken in prometheus.

Code:

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server">

 

<radT:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server"

Skin="ExampleSkins/ContextMenu"

DataTextField="title" DataValueField="pageid"

DataFieldParentID="parentid" DataFieldID="pageid"

OnNodeContextClick="ContextClicked"

BeforeClientContextClick="ContextMenuClick"

DragAndDrop="true" DragAndDropBetweenNodes="true" OnNodeDrop="HandleDrop"

LoadingMessage="Loading...">

</radT:RadTreeView>

</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2007
1 answer
126 views
Are there plans to add RadPane (AJAX) event postbacks to the server?  I am looking for server side equivalents of:
OnClientCollapsed
OnClientExpanded
OnClientResized
OnClientBeforeExpand
OnClientBeforeCollapse
OnClientBeforeResize

I know that I can create a hidden linkbutton and set the OnClientCollapsed (or other) event handler to:
new function { __DoPostBack(...); }

for the hidden link button... but this seems like it should be built in (since these are "ajax" controls).  This would allow for dynamic (server side) population (or binding, etc) when the user expands a pane.

Also, these should probably be best in SplitterPaneBase, that way they are avalaible in RadPane and RadSlidingPane.

-Shaun
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2007
1 answer
130 views
Are there plans (or am I missing this functionality) to be able to add / remove controls items client-side using the API, the redraw the control without postback? (similar to a competing product line)

For example, I am specifically asking for the color picking control, since I do not see AddItem / RemoveItem / Redraw client-side methods in the help, just this:

GetIconContainer Get the element which wraps the color icon  
 GetPaletteContainer Get the element which wraps the color palette  
 HidePalette Hides the pallette  
 ShowPalette Show the pallette below the color icon  

Is this going to be available for all subsequent Prometheus controls?
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?