Javascript Runtime Error

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Chris
    Chris avatar
    171 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 Link to this post

I have a tooltip working in my page.  The following is my sample code.

<asp:Label ID="lnkbtnHelpStocks" runat="server" style="color: #007DC9; text-decoration:underline;">Help</asp:Label> 
                    <telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server" Position="BottomRight" RelativeTo="Element" TargetControlID="lnkbtnHelpStocks" Sticky="True" Width="300" Skin="Web20">  
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXx CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC  
                    </telerik:RadToolTip> 

Once I mouseover the "Help" label.  It shows me the tooltip.  Then when I move out the current page.  Occasionally it gives me the following Javascript error.

Sys.InvalidOperationException: Handler was not added through the Sys.UI.DomEvent.AddHandler method.

Any idea?
  2. Tsvetie
    Admin
    Tsvetie avatar
    1517 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 Link to this post

Hi Chris,
    Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the problem by merely using your code. Could you please prepare and send us a simple project, with which we can reproduce the problem?

Kind regards,
    Tsvetie
    the telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  3. Chris
    Chris avatar
    171 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 Link to this post

I think I know how to generate the error.  As long as my page post back to itself and once after it finished reloaded and then moved out from the current page to another page.  Those errors raise.  Please try on your end and see if it happens.  Please help if you know how to fix the javascript error.

Now I have to do redirect instead of postback in order to avoid javascript error.
  4. Tsvetie
    Admin
    Tsvetie avatar
    1517 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 Link to this post

Hello Chris,
    Unfortunately, we will really need a project. Your scenario seems quite simple, but I cannot reproduce the problem. Therefore, please open a support thread and send us a simple project, as well as detailed instructions on the steps we need to follow. I hope this will help us reproduce the problem and once we do, we will do our best to provide a solution as soon as possible.

All the best,
    Tsvetie
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center