Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
323 views
Hello...

I was using classic RadDock with my own skin I've created.
Now how can I use it or change it, to use on the new RadDock Prometheus?

Thanks for your time and help....
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2007
4 answers
188 views
Hello,

I am using Intput 2.0.2 and ToolTip 626.

The skins for the input are not working on a tooltip.  I have a simple user control with an Rad Text Box in it that I am dynamically loading into a took tip and I have set the Skin="Telerik" for the text box.  It looks fine in the designer but it is not showing when I run my app.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

David
David Bows
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Aug 2007
8 answers
476 views
I have a recurrent problem in IE (using IE7). I am using 1 raddocklayout with three vertical raddockzones as in the portal example. The only change has been the width of the columns. The I created a Raddock with a width that is 50 px less wide than the raddockzone. When I display the page in Firefox everything works fine. (almost... a horizontal scroll bar appears beneath the raddockzone when I drag a control from it to another zone but then disappears). I could live with that.

However, in IE.. the scrollbars appearing beneath the raddockzones are permanent. The only disappear when there is no raddock in the raddockzone.

These scrollbars completely destroy the esthetic part of the site. Is this a bug? am I doing something wrong ?

I have also noticed that dragging raddocks in firefox is really smooth... and in IE is is sort of sluggish. but that is secondary.. my main concern is the first problem. Any solution for that ?
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2007
2 answers
187 views
We've been using Microsoft's Ajax for about a month now. Because it is a beta product, bugs are to be expected. The most common bug and one that caused us to switch over to Telerik's Ajax is the infamous PageRequestManagerParserErrorException error. This happens on the client side and happens randomly for no explainable reasons. It happens only on some PCs and not all. It can vanish without a trace and appear again shortly after.

In addition to this major bug, the Microsoft Ajax is a resource hog. The download time and update times are horrendous compared to Telerik's own Ajax stack. Studies posted on the Internet confirm this.

It is unfortunate that Telerik has chosen to abandon their own Ajax stack. Their Prometheus controls rely on it and it has been stated that Telerik will not invest in their own Ajax beyond a final release date of their Prometheus controls. If Microsoft fails to make their Ajax stack comparable to Telerik's and other competitors, we will abandon Telerik and purchase controls that use a higher performance stack. As it stands, one of the major reasons for ajaxifying web pages is for performance purposes and if an Ajax stack negates that performance, then it isn't worth using.

Sincerely,
Johann Blake
Polaris431
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Aug 2007
2 answers
502 views
Hi,

I'm trying to implement the RadToolTip control in the edit form of a RadGrid but I'm having problems assigning the TargetControlIDs for RadEditor and RadUpload controls inside edititemtemplates.  I've got it to work for RadTextBox, RadComboBox and RadDatePicker by appending "_text", "_input" and "_dateInput_text" to their ClientIDs respectively.

Here's a sample of the code I'm using in the ItemCreated sub for the grid:

Dim editFormItem As GridEditFormItem = TryCast(e.Item, GridEditFormItem)  
 
Dim rttYear As RadToolTip = CType(editFormItem.FindControl("rttYear"), RadToolTip)  
Dim rcbYear As RadComboBox = CType(editFormItem.FindControl("rcbYear"), RadComboBox)  
rttYear.TargetControlID = rcbYear.ClientID & "_input" 

I've tried to use the following for RadEditor and RadUpload but the tooltip never appears:

Dim rttFile As RadToolTip = CType(editFormItem.FindControl("rttFile"), RadToolTip)  
Dim rupFile As RadUpload = CType(editFormItem.FindControl("rupFile"), RadUpload)  
rttFile.TargetControlID = rupFile.ClientID  
 
Dim rttDescription As RadToolTip = CType(editFormItem.FindControl("rttDescription"), RadToolTip)  
Dim redDescription As RadEditor = CType(editFormItem.FindControl("redDescription"), RadEditor)  
rttDescription.TargetControlID = redDescription.ClientID 


Can you point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks,
V.

Vincent Russell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Aug 2007
2 answers
80 views
Hi
I'm using the RadEditor For ASP.NET Version 7.12  in MOSS 2007.
When i create a page based on a custom layout with telerik editor in the Norwegian site it works fine and i can open the asset picker. But once i create the same page in the english site the asset picker doesnt work. I cant open it, clicking on browse button don't display any javascript error.
Once i comment the telerik editor out in the page layout then it works fine. Does the editor load any language file based on the url on start? Im using variation for the sites. Is it a known bug for using telerik editor with variation site????

Regards
Son
Developer Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Aug 2007
3 answers
169 views
Petya,

As suggested,  here is the new thread. Could you please post the Hotfix for Expand/Collpase issue on Dynamic RadDock.

Thanks in advance.
Ram Manthena.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Aug 2007
2 answers
157 views
Hi,

I have used scheduler in my application. I am facing problem in update event. When I click on event and update description in the wizard and when click on the update button, it fetches old data from wizard.
So, How can I update data? Code is as below.

Protected Sub schProject_AppointmentUpdateCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.AppointmentUpdateCommandEventArgs) Handles schProject.AppointmentUpdateCommand 
 
With e.Appointment 
            ScheduleID = Integer.Parse(.ID) 
            ProjectID = Integer.Parse(.Resources(0).Key(0))  
            ProjectName = .Subject 
            StartDate = .Start 
            EndDate = .End 
            ProjectNotes = "" 
            RecurrenceRule = .RecurrenceRule 
            RecurrenceRuleParentID = .RecurrenceParentID 
End With 
 
Dim blnUpdate As Boolean = UpdateSchedule() 
 
End Sub 

Please help me to solve this.

Thanks,
Dhaval
Dhaval
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Aug 2007
15 answers
232 views
 Hi all,
I've installed the wsp file and the contents get displayed in RadEditor now. My question is:
Is it possible to extend the Lite RadEditor for MOSS in WCM scenario using a server control to override somem methods exposed? I need to override render method to tweak the HTML before its rendered to client browser?  If so, how to reference the assembly in Visual studio?
Also it is possible to add new buttons to HTML toolbar? Moreover, can those buttons be customized, in the sense different buttons for different placeholders?
Thanks in advance.
Mahesh
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Aug 2007
1 answer
144 views
I am using a PanelBar on a master page and use it to navigate the content pages. I want to update only the content part of the page. I know that with the Telerik Ajax (for ASP.NET), there is an example that shows this working. But I am using Microsoft's Ajax and I don't have an example that shows how this is done. The following was posted at:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-mkakk.aspx

"The Prometheus AjaxManager has never been intended to work from nested pages, i.e. user controls or content pages. You need to place it on the MasterPage and set the AjaxSettings relations from there:..."

If I understand correctly, the AjaxManager cannot be put on a content page. That is exactly where I had it on several pages. If I try to move it to the Master page, I have a problem with javascript on content pages. Certain portions of javascript need to make reference to the AjaxManager in order to carry out an AjaxRequest method. However once the AjaxManager has been moved over to the Master page, the content page cannot compile because it now references the AjaxManager that no longer is available on the content page.

First off, the posting above says that the AjaxManager was "never been intended to work from nested pages", yet it does. So if does work, it would be nice to know how to refresh just the content holder stuff. If Telerik doesn't support this, please provide an example of how to do it using Microsoft's Ajax and how to handle my Javascript problem.

Thanks
Johann


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?