Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
448 views
I'm having trouble creating the dock layout and dock zone, as well as rad docks.

It is not an option to place the docking controls in the aspx or ascx pages.
The following is the code I have. It does not have any errors except for a javascript error that says
'Sys' is undefined.

    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {  
 
            bool smExists = false;  
            foreach (Control control in Page.Form.Controls)  
                if (control is ScriptManager)  
                {  
                    smExists = true;  
                    break;  
                }  
 
            if (!smExists)  
            {  
                ScriptManager sm = new ScriptManager();  
                Page.Form.Controls.Add(sm);  
                Page.Header.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl(@"
<script language='javascript'>
function changeRadDockHandle(dockID,handleID){
    var dock = $find(dockID);
    dock.set_handle(document.getElementById(handleID));
}
</script>"));  
 
            }  
 
 
 
 
            RadDockLayout layout = new RadDockLayout();  
            layout.ID = "layout";  
 
            Page.Form.Controls.Add(layout);  
            RadDockZone zone = new RadDockZone();  
            layout.Controls.Add(zone);  
            RadDockZone zone2 = new RadDockZone();  
            layout.Controls.Add(zone2);  
            UpdatePanel updatePanel = new UpdatePanel();  
            updatePanel.ID = "UpdatePanel1";  
            layout.Controls.Add(updatePanel);  
 
            zone.FitDocks = true;  
            zone.MinHeight = Unit.Pixel(200);  
            zone.BorderWidth = Unit.Pixel(1);  
            zone.ID = "zone";  
            zone2.BorderWidth = Unit.Pixel(1);  
            zone2.ID = "zone2";  
 
            RadDock dock = new RadDock();  
            dock.DockMode = DockMode.Default;  
            dock.Pinned = false;  
            dock.ID = "dock";  
            dock.ContentContainer.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("blahblah"));  
            dock.DefaultCommands = Telerik.Web.UI.Dock.DefaultCommands.None;  
            dock.DockHandle = DockHandle.None;  
            dock.OnClientInitialize = CreateJavaScriptFunctionCall(dock);  
 
            zone.Controls.Add(dock);  
            zone.Orientation = Telerik.Web.UI.Orientation.Horizontal;  
            zone2.Orientation = Telerik.Web.UI.Orientation.Vertical;  
 
        }  
        string CreateJavaScriptFunctionCall(RadDock dock)  
        {  
            string dockHandleID = "";  
            foreach (Control control in dock.ContentContainer.Controls)  
            {  
                if (control is LiteralControl)  
                {  
                    dockHandleID = control.ClientID;  
                }  
            }  
            return "changeRadDockHandle('" + dock.ClientID + "','" + dockHandleID + "')";  
        } 


What am I doing wrong?
This is a simple web project in VS 2005.

JQ
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2007
1 answer
129 views
Hi,

I am interested in extend some of the RadDock Classes to meet some of our local needs, for instance, I would like to extend the Title Bar Template and functionality. What are the plan to make the source code available ?

Thanks,

Adriano
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2007
1 answer
197 views
Is this client method not implemented in the current build? I have a client-side function like the following:

function DisplayUploadToolTip(targetControlId)  
        {  
            window.setTimeout(function()  
                    {                         
                        var tooltip = $find('<%=FileUploadToolTipForm.ClientID %>');                              
                        tooltip.set_TargetControlID(targetControlId);                        
                        tooltip.set_Content("<span>Testing</span>");  
                        tooltip.show();                                                                            
                    }, 10);  
        } 

In the code snippet above, I tried the code in line 7 where it is shown, but I get a javascript exception that content_cell is null. If i place that same code after line 8, nothing happens.

Am I doing this wrong or is this function not yet implemented?

Thanks,
Larkin
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2007
7 answers
167 views
Hi I have splitted my Site in 2 parts on left side i got a raddockzone, on right side a treeview in the middle i got a split bar for collapsing. When i tell the raddockzone to have a height and width of 100%, then it's hiding the splitbar.

Any solutions?
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2007
1 answer
185 views
How I can set different listconfigfile.xml foreach sites?

I set  RadControlDir in web.config to read a config file in new path but It always use the same config file in these path:
\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\4.3.2.0__1f131a624888eeed\RadControls\Editor\Listconfigfile.xml

In web.config:
<add key="Telerik.WebControls.RadControlsDir" value="~/Resources/RadControls/"/>
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2007
3 answers
157 views
I would be nice/conviniant if the "OnLoad" event could be added to the ShowEvent property.

This way it would be super easy to show a message when users are loggin in and so on.

It can be done with a little javascript allready, I know - but "Deliver more than expected" - you know ;-)
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2007
1 answer
136 views
Hi, I have a fundamental question about the RadToolTip implementation.

In my application, I programmatically build a NxM matrix and use RadToolTip to provide additionnal information about the meaning of each intersecting cell. To fill the tooltip, I only need the row ID and column ID, the data itself is fetched from a database. The tooltip looks good, but since it generates a MS AJAX postback each time I hover over a cell, it greatly increases the load of the server as Page_Init() and Page_Load() are executed every time even thought very simple html is added to the tooltip.

My initial thoughts about the RadToolTip were that it would not use an MS AJAX UpdatePanel but a WebService to fetch the tooltip HTML. This WebService could be very light weight and thus, the performance would be not be hindered by the page complexity.

Can the tooltip data be fetched from a WebService at this time or is it only through the OnAjaxUpdate event? Wouldn't that be a nice feature to provide?

If impossible, how do you suggest I tackle my performance problem ?

Thanks

Dominic.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2007
2 answers
146 views
RadToolTip will work, sometimes, on the first page load and only on the first mouseover event inside a RadRotator FrameTemplate using the markup I have.  It does "sometimes" work, if only once, so I suspect I am missing a setting.  Here is the markup, there is no code behind:

<asp:XmlDataSource ID="XmlDataSource1" XPath="rss/channel/item" CacheDuration="300" runat="server"> 
</asp:XmlDataSource> 
<script type="text/javascript"> 
    function ClientShow(){alert('ClientShow');} 
    function OnClientBeforeShow(){alert('OnClientBeforeShow');} 
    function OnClientHide(){alert('ClientHide');} 
    function OnClientBeforeHide(){alert('OnClientBeforeHide');}         
</script> 
<radR:RadRotator id="RadRotator1" DataSourceID="XmlDataSource1" runat="server" FrameTimeout="2000" TransitionType="Scroll" FramesToShow="5" 
    height="200px" width="200px"> 
    <FrameTemplate> 
        <a id="title" class="title" runat="server"><%#XPath("title")%><br /></a> 
        <telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server" Sticky="true" 
            TargetControlID="title" OnClientShow="ClientShow" OnClientHide="OnClientHide" OnClientBeforeShow="OnClientBeforeShow" OnClientBeforeHide="OnClientBeforeHide"> 
           <div id="desc" class="desc"  runat="server"> 
                <div class="desc_inner"> 
                <%#XPath("description")%>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
                <div><a href='<%#XPath("link")%>'class="link">Read more...</a></div> 
                <br /> 
                </div>                   
           </div> 
        <br /> 
        </telerik:RadToolTip>          
    </FrameTemplate> 
</radR:RadRotator> 

If you could help get this working, I would be very thankful!

jfs67
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Aug 2007
2 answers
145 views
I am having an issue trying to style the titlebar of the tooltip component. I copied the default skin and made some modifications to the CSS styles. I can't seem to get rid of the padding within the main tooltip div--is this caused by client script rendering the container?

Please see the following screenshot to see exactly what I am referring to.

http://picasaweb.google.com/larkiny/Screenshots/photo#5103260166257152498

*EDIT*  Also, I am unable to get a CSS dropshadow to work properly--I am using the technique described here:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/cssdrop2

Using the following style block on the div.radtooltip_<skin name> rule:

background: url(shadow.gif) no-repeat bottom right;
margin: 14px 0 0 17px !important;
margin: 14px 0 0 8px;


Thanks,
Larkin
Larkin Young
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Aug 2007
3 answers
142 views
what I kinda have is
master page with splitter at 100%
head and footer are set height.
content page has splitter for left and right panes
in right pane I have rad tabstrip and rad pageviews
inside a pageview I try to use another splitter for left and right

in ie6 it seems that the innermost splitter wants to go to 100% no matter if I spec a set width. in FF2.0.0.5 the splitter overruns the pageview if pageview is set to specific size.
In FF it also seems that the splitterbar randomly resizes.

Pretty much it seems like the splitter is unstable when used inside the pageview.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?