Tooltip Erratic In RadRotator

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. jfs67
    jfs67 avatar
    121 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2005

    Posted 27 Aug 2007 Link to this post

    RadToolTip will work, sometimes, on the first page load and only on the first mouseover event inside a RadRotator FrameTemplate using the markup I have.  It does "sometimes" work, if only once, so I suspect I am missing a setting.  Here is the markup, there is no code behind:

    <asp:XmlDataSource ID="XmlDataSource1" XPath="rss/channel/item" CacheDuration="300" runat="server"
    </asp:XmlDataSource> 
    <script type="text/javascript"
        function ClientShow(){alert('ClientShow');} 
        function OnClientBeforeShow(){alert('OnClientBeforeShow');} 
        function OnClientHide(){alert('ClientHide');} 
        function OnClientBeforeHide(){alert('OnClientBeforeHide');}         
    </script> 
    <radR:RadRotator id="RadRotator1" DataSourceID="XmlDataSource1" runat="server" FrameTimeout="2000" TransitionType="Scroll" FramesToShow="5" 
        height="200px" width="200px"
        <FrameTemplate> 
            <id="title" class="title" runat="server"><%#XPath("title")%><br /></a
            <telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server" Sticky="true" 
                TargetControlID="title" OnClientShow="ClientShow" OnClientHide="OnClientHide" OnClientBeforeShow="OnClientBeforeShow" OnClientBeforeHide="OnClientBeforeHide"
               <div id="desc" class="desc"  runat="server"
                    <div class="desc_inner"
                    <%#XPath("description")%>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
                    <div><a href='<%#XPath("link")%>'class="link">Read more...</a></div
                    <br /> 
                    </div>                   
               </div> 
            <br /> 
            </telerik:RadToolTip>          
        </FrameTemplate> 
    </radR:RadRotator> 

    If you could help get this working, I would be very thankful!

  2. jfs67
    jfs67 avatar
    121 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2005

    Posted 27 Aug 2007 Link to this post

    It is inside a template.  So I removed the TargetControlID attribute in the markup for RadToolTip and did this in code behind:

    Protected Sub RadRotator1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WebControls.RadRotatorItemEventArgs) Handles RadRotator1.ItemDataBound 
                Dim titleDiv As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor = CType(e.Item.FindControl("TravelDeal"), HtmlAnchor) 
                If Not (titleDiv Is Nothing) Then 
                    Dim radToolTip As Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTip = CType(e.Item.FindControl("RadToolTip1"), Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTip) 
                    If Not (radToolTip Is Nothing) Then 
                        radToolTip.TargetControlID = titleDiv.ClientID 
                        radToolTip.IsClientID = True 
                    End If 
                End If 
            End Sub 

    Still not behaving reliably, though.
  3. jfs67
    jfs67 avatar
    121 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2005

    Posted 27 Aug 2007 Link to this post

    I did not mention this is inside of a DotNetNuke module.  Now the control works intermittently when I stop the application, build, run and navigate to the tab where the control is.  IF it is working, it stops working if I do the following two things:

    1. Stops working after page refresh.
    2. Stops working after a link in the tooltip has been click, you are redirected to another page, and then you use the browser back button to get to the rss feed.

    *EDIT*

    I went into the module settings and disabled Caching for the module.  Things seem to be working now.  Thank you.

Back to Top