Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
114 views
Rad Slider does not work very well in Safari.  Since I am a PC user, I only have access to Safari 3, but I can confirm by those that have macs this also happens in the latest version of Safari 2.

I have submitted this as a support ticket as well, but I noticed the problems on the telerik demo examples as well, so I figured I'd reach out to the community as well for a solution.

I used this simple example:
 

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="TelerikSliderDemo.aspx.cs"  
    Inherits="TelerikSliderDemo" %>  
  
<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"  
    Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>  
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>  
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">  
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title>  
</head>  
<body>  
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
        <div>  
            <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">  
            </asp:ScriptManager>  
            <div style="height:1000px;">Big block of text, other stuff, maybe tables, other telerik controls, and images.</div>  
            <telerik:RadSlider ID="RadSlider1" MinimumValue="1" MaximumValue="10" SlideStep="1"  
                runat="server" />  
        </div>  
    </form>  
</body>  
</html>  
  
 
 
 

when viewed in IE or FF, this works fine.  You scroll down, find the slider, use it; it works fine.

In safari, however the page creeps up to the top. Its more of a visual, but its definitely a bug.

Any thoughts?
 I have tried forcing the window.resizeTo to stay down there, but it doesn't work very well.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2007
3 answers
249 views

Hi

I use a couple of functions that you gave in the forum a while ago. They disable controls during callback.

function RequestStart(sender, args)
  {
   var ctrl = document.getElementById(args.EventTarget);
  if (ctrl != null)
   {
    ctrl.disabled = true;
   }
  }
function ResponseEnd(sender, args)
 {
  var ctrl = document.getElementById(args.EventTarget);
  if (ctrl != null)
   {
    ctrl.disabled = false;
   }
 }

AjaxManager:

<ClientEvents OnRequestStart="RequestStart" OnResponseEnd="ResponseEnd" />

...

Is this still the correct way to do it with the Prometheus controls?

And wouldn’t it be a nice thing to implement directly in the AjaxManager?

/Flemming Rosenbrandt

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2007
1 answer
122 views

Hi
How can I activate RadEditor feature for all site or set default to activate for all site.

Currently I must click activate this feature on every site.

Thanks

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2007
1 answer
359 views
This is what i am looking to do. user fills out a form and clicks submit button. on click event handler it goes through my business layer and checks to see if you can update it, if not i want to popup a diaglog box with some extra information that i need to get it from. how can i do it using radtooltip.
I have seen demo for radtooltip being tied to targetcontrolid and event. Is there anyway i can force the tooltip programatically to popup after the click event handler has completed on the server side.
Pls help.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2007
2 answers
172 views
In IE line breaks are inserted as a paragraph creating double line breaks. While the new editor support BR as in the previous version which inserts only a single line break?

btw: the speed improvements seems awesome! can't wait to try it. We are currently evaluating the Ext HTMLEditor due to the slow load of the previous rad.editor.
Steinar Jordbakke
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2007
1 answer
157 views
Is there a property for the text to "ManualClose" when using it?  I know that for most the "X" at the top right hand corner is clear enough.

I would be really cool to be able to "skin" the close button, the text, a background image (with hover image option?) and to specify TopLeft, TopMiddle, TopRight, BottomLeft, BottomMiddle, BottomRight or LeftSideMiddle, RightSideMiddle.

The ability to set the text property of the close button, though, is important. The people I work for are asking for it.

2.  I would also be "great" if there was a boolean option to keep the tooltip open so long as the cursor is held over it.

This tooltip control is a great.  I made a few hasty posts, but telerik has thought of almost everything.  It is a real joy to use. Thank you.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2007
1 answer
113 views
I'm trying to setup the splitter so that I have a column of buttons on the left side and when they are clicked a panel will slide in from left to right.  However, I would like the text to display horizontally, left to right.

I have set the writing-mode style of the .paneTabText class to rl-tb.  In I.E. this works well, no problems there. 

However I don't get the same result in Firefox.  Now I don't know for sure if firefox supports the writing-mode style, but it appears that the splitter control implements a workaround for it by adding a line break after every character of the button text.  This goes away if I set the orientation for horizontal but of course the panels don't appear where you'd expect.

Is this a known issue and is there a hotfix/workaround?

For the skin I am using a modified version of the Web20 skin.

Thank you
Dave
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2007
5 answers
218 views
hi
    i have one problem regarding rad scheduler. i've bound the datatable with rad scheduler and all add,edit,delete and select operation working properly. but when i click the "more" option then the "recurrence" check box not displayed even i've already declare the "DataRecurrenceField" and "DataRecurrenceParentKeyField" property(in .vb file not in .aspx file)
can anybody help me.

Thanks
Chirag Prajapati
    
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2007
12 answers
362 views
Hello

I am having trouble setting the height and width of my page to 100% of the browser size.

My aspx ...
<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>D.A.R. Enterprises - Home</title> 
    <meta content="Online Accounting, Online Accounts, D.A.R. Enterprises, DAR Enterprises, David Robertson, Intranet, Financial Solutions, Money, Cash Book, Journal, Company Secretary, Time Recording, Customer Relationship Management, CRM, Payroll, Support, Estate Agency Management, Corporate Accounting, Helpdesk" 
        name="keywords" /> 
    <meta name="description" content="dareSOFT is an online accounts and business solution for all sizes of firm. Currently optimised for UK firms." /> 
    <meta name="author" content="David Robertson" /> 
    <meta name="publisher" content="http://www.dare-it.co.uk" /> 
    <meta name="language" content="English" /> 
    <meta name="copyright" content="Copyright &copy; D.A.R. Enterprises 2007. All rights reserved." /> 
    <meta content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1" name="GENERATOR" /> 
    <meta content="Visual Basic .NET 7.1" name="CODE_LANGUAGE" /> 
    <meta content="VBScript" name="vs_defaultClientScript" /> 
    <meta content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" name="vs_targetSchema" /> 
    <link href="css/main.css" type="text/css" rel="Stylesheet" /> 
    <link href="css/skin.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" /> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="formDefault" runat="server" class="formDefault">  
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="smDefault" runat="server" /> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="ralpDefault" runat="server" Height="75px" Width="75px">  
            <asp:Image ID="imgLoading" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" /> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDefaultMain" runat="server" CssClass="rsDefaultMain">  
            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultLeftSlidingZone" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultLeftSlidingZone" Locked="true">  
                <telerik:RadSlidingZone ID="rszDefaultLeftSlidingZone" Runat="server" CssClass="rszDefaultLeftSlidingZone">  
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="rspDefaultLoginDS" runat="server" CssClass="rspDefaultLoginDS" Title="dareSOFT Login">  
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="rspDefaultLoginDARE" runat="server" CssClass="rspDefaultLoginDARE" Title="D.A.R. Enterprises Login">  
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
                </telerik:RadSlidingZone> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultPage" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultPage" Locked="true">  
            </telerik:RadPane> 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
and my css ...
body  
{  
    margin: 0px;  
    padding: 0px;  
    height: 100%;  
    width: 100%;  
}  
 
.rsDefaultMain  
{  
    background-color: Transparent;  
    margin: 0px;  
    padding: 0px;  
    height: 100%;  
    width: 100%;    
}  
 
.rpDefaultPage  
{  
    background-color: Transparent;  
    margin: 0px;  
    padding: 0px;  
    height: 100%;  
    width: 100%;    
}  
 
.rspDefaultLoginDS  
{  
    background-color: Transparent;  
    margin: 0px;  
    padding: 0px;  
    height: 100%;  
    width: 350px;    
}  
 
.rspDefaultLoginDARE  
{  
    background-color: Transparent;  
    margin: 0px;  
    padding: 0px;  
    height: 100%;  
    width: 350px;    
}  
 
.rszDefaultLeftSlidingZone  
{  
    background-color: Transparent;  
    margin: 0px;  
    padding: 0px;  
    height: 100%;  
    width: 0px;    
}  
 
.rpDefaultLeftSlidingZone  
{  
    background-color: Transparent;  
    margin: 0px;  
    padding: 0px;  
    height: 100%;  
    width: 0px;    
}  
 
.formDefault  
{  
    height: 100%;  
    width: 100%;  
} 

Please advise as how to continue.

Kind Regards

David
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 29 Aug 2007
9 answers
270 views
Hi,

Is there anyway to add cutom html to the Dock Header bar? I need to be able to show the dock heading, a custom combo box then the command buttons.

Regards,

Mark
ashish
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?