Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
132 views
I have a webusercontrol in which i add controls dynamically and also attach the AjaxSetting to my ProxyManager.  Problem is that the Ajax calls do not work when the setting is made at runtime.  The ones i did at design time are fine.  I have confirmed that my AjaxSettings collection has all the settings in them on the masterpage before it renders them, but in looking at the html source i do not see them declared.  Is this a known issue with the latest Prometheus build? 

Thanks...

Jason
Jason Maronge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2007
3 answers
139 views
Hi
I have UpdatePanel, RadDocks, RadDockZones, and RadDockLayout created dynamically. All the Docks are set AutoPostBack=true, and they are outside the UpdatePanel but UpdatePanel is configured to conditionally ajaxify the docks.

I have developed a portal where, in design mode, you can move around the contents and the layout is saved automatically.

Now I added a new feature, where the content is hidden while being dragged.

I made use of the following javascript code,
var oldcontainer;   
var oldbackground;   
function RadDockOnDragStart(dock,args){ 
    var container = dock._element; 
    oldcontainer = container.innerHTML;   
    oldbackground = container.style.backgroundColor;   
    container.innerHTML='';   
    container.style.backgroundColor = 'Orange';   
} 
function RadDockOnDragEnd(dock,args){ 
    var container = dock._element;   
    container.innerHTML=oldcontainer;   
    container.style.backgroundColor = oldbackground;     
} 

of course the OnClientDragStart and OnClientDragEnd are set to those functions.

The problem is that this works only once for each of the docks. When I start the drag, the dock becomes Orange panel, and when I drop it, it restores the original content. However, that dock can no longer be dragged... and the post back didn't seem to occur because when I refresh the page by pressing F5, the layout has not been saved.

What's wrong with the javascript?
Cameron Tabor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2007
2 answers
230 views
This error just started happening to one of our Custom Lists.  Whenever you try to create a new item (or edit an existing), the following error occurs:

 
Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value]
   System.Collections.CollectionBase.OnValidate(Object value) +61
   Telerik.WebControls.RadEditorUtils.ToolbarCollection.OnValidate(Object value) +17
   System.Collections.CollectionBase.System.Collections.IList.Remove(Object value) +54
   Telerik.WebControls.RadEditorUtils.ToolbarCollection.Remove(Toolbar toolbar) +29
   Telerik.SharePoint.ListFieldEditor.RadHtmlListField.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +615
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +101
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +211
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2588

 
TOther lists (where the RADEditor) is used work fine.
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2007
1 answer
227 views
I have tried to add Telerik.Web.UI  to my toolbox.  With Telerik.Web.UI, nothing happens. 

Also, what is the Telerik.Web.Design dll that I see in the bin with the Prometheus beta?

Thank you
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2007
1 answer
328 views
I have a repeater control that creates for each row a RadSlider and a textbox control.
I want the text of each text box to change accordingly to the current value of the slider.
In your demos you show how to do it by calling a JavaScript function that updates the text box. The problem is that in the JavaScript function I don't know the id of the specific text box I want to update (as every row will have different text box with different auto generated ID).

Basically I need functionality similar to what you get from the BoundControlId property of the Slider Extender in the Ajax control toolkit.
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2007
5 answers
317 views
Hi,

I have a RadToolTipManager with OnAjaxUpdate set.  This Control sits inside a RadTabStrip with AutoPostBack='true' and MultiPage RenderSelectedPageOnly='true'.  The TabStrip and MultiPage sit inside a RadAjaxPanel.

When EnableAjax='true' on the RadAjaxPanel the tooltips do not show.  No error is shown it simply does not show.  When I set EnableAjax='false' everything works as expected.

Is tehre corrently a work around for this?

Thanks in advance

Guido Tapia
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2007
2 answers
105 views
We just installed the Full-Feature editor on MOSS, and I have several questions that I can seem to find in help or the forums:

1.  How do I get the Preview button to appear on the lower toolbar next (next to the Design and HTML buttons).

2.  The initial size of the editor is much smaller than the initial size of the default MOSS editor, how can I change this?

3.  The toolbar seems to be hidden until I set focus to the control.  I tried setting the ToolbarMode to 'Default' in the config.xml (and ListConfig.xml) and it didn't do anything.  I would prefer to have it visible at all times.

4.  I have it running in Office 2007 mode (skin and ribbon=true) but the background color of the toolbar is white. In your online demos, the toolbar  background is blue, how can I change this?

Thanks,

Tom
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2007
2 answers
201 views
I'm prototyping something in WSS3 that will use a wiki, and I need some of the functionality in the Telerik editor to make it work in a reasonably intuitive way.

When I edit the wiki page and try to do basic formatting, I notice that ENTER generates a soft break <br>.  I need hard breaks sometimes so I can center the title, but not the rest of the content, etc.  If I hit CTRL+ENTER, I get this error:

"Could not find the command InsertParagraph.  Please update your command list."

How do I get this to work?  A rich text editor without <P> is kind of crippled.
bspolarich
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2007
3 answers
235 views
Hi

My RadSlidingPane is only showing the width applicable to the RadSlidingZone (i.e. 22px) instead of the 350px that I have specified.

Also the height of the RadSlidingPane is only the same as the label for the RadSlidingPane.

My aspx is ...
<%@ Page Language="VB" UICulture="en" Culture="en-GB" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="dare" TagName="meta" Src="resources/meta.ascx" %> 
 
<%@ Register assembly="RadAjax.Net2" namespace="Telerik.WebControls" tagprefix="radA" %> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head> 
    <title id="titleDefault" runat="server"></title> 
    <dare:meta id="meta" runat="server"></dare:meta> 
    <link href="css/main.css" type="text/css" rel="Stylesheet" /> 
</head> 
<body class="BodyDefault">  
    <form id="formDefault" runat="server">  
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="smDefault" runat="server">  
        </asp:ScriptManager> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ramDefault" runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
        <radA:AjaxLoadingPanel ID="alpDefault" Runat="server" height="75px"   
            width="75px">  
            <asp:Image ID="imgLoading" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..."   
                ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" /> 
        </radA:AjaxLoadingPanel> 
        <telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="rttmDefault" runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadToolTipManager> 
        <telerik:RadToolTip ID="rttDefaultLoginDARE" runat="server" CssClass="rttDefaultLoginDARE" TargetControlID="rpDefaultLoginDS">  
        </telerik:RadToolTip> 
        <telerik:RadToolTip ID="rTtDefaultLoginDS" runat="server" cssclass="rttDefaultLoginDS" TargetControlID="rpDefaultLoginDARE">  
        </telerik:RadToolTip> 
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDefaultMain" runat="server" CssClass="rsDefaultMain" Height="100%" Width="100%" Orientation="Vertical">  
            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultLeftSlidingZone" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultLeftSlidingZone" Width="22px" Height="100%" Scrolling="None">  
                <telerik:RadSlidingZone ID="rszDefaultLeftSlidingZone" Runat="server" CssClass="rszDefaultLeftSlidingZone" Height="100%" Width="22px">  
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="rspDefaultLoginDS" runat="server" CssClass="rspDefaultLoginDS" Height="100%" Width="350px">  
                        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDefaultLoginDS" runat="server" CssClass="rsDefaultLoginDS" Height="100%" Orientation="Horizontal" Width="100%">  
                            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultLoginDS" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultLoginDS" Locked="true" Scrolling="None" Width="100%">  
                            </telerik:RadPane> 
                        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="rspDefaultLoginDARE" runat="server" CssClass="rspDefaultLoginDARE" Height="100%" Width="350px">  
                        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDefaultLoginDARE" runat="server" CssClass="rsDefaultLoginDARE" Height="100%" Orientation="Horizontal" Width="100%">  
                            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultLoginDARE" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultLoginDARE" Locked="true" Scrolling="None" Width="100%">  
                            </telerik:RadPane> 
                        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
                </telerik:RadSlidingZone> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultPage" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultPage" Width="100%" Height="100%" Scrolling="None">  
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDefaultPage" runat="server" CssClass="rsDefaultPage" Height="100%" Orientation="Horizontal" Width="100%">  
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultHeader" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultHeader" Height="100px" Locked="true" Scrolling="None" Width="100%">  
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultContent" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultContent" Scrolling="Both" Width="100%">  
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultFooter" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultFooter" Height="50px" Locked="true" Scrolling="None" Width="100%">  
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                </telerik:RadSplitter> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
    </form> 
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">  
        function RefreshHeader(sContentURL) {  
            $find('<%= rpDefaultHeader.ClientID %>').set_ContentUrl(sContentURL);  
        }  
        function RefreshContent(sContentURL) {  
            $find('<%= rpDefaultContent.ClientID %>').set_ContentUrl(sContentURL);  
        }  
        function RefreshFooter(sContentURL) {  
            $find('<%= rpDefaultFooter.ClientID %>').set_ContentUrl(sContentURL);  
        }  
        function RefreshSlidingZoneDareLogin(sContentURL) {  
            $find('<%= rpDefaultLoginDARE.ClientID %>').set_ContentUrl(sContentURL);  
        }  
        function RefreshSlidingZoneDareSOFTLogin(sContentURL) {  
            $find('<%= rpDefaultLoginDS.ClientID %>').set_ContentUrl(sContentURL);  
        }  
    </script> 
</body> 
</html> 

NB: I am using VS 2008 Express VB

Kind Regards

David
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2007
1 answer
79 views

Is there a way to keep the CssEditor.css link out of the body of my page? I am using radHtmlField in my MOSS 2007 master page -- every instance of radEditor outputs the following css link in the body, even when not in edit mode:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/4.3.1.0__1f131a624888eeed/RadControls/Editor/CssEditor.css" /> 

This does not validate against the XHTML 1.0 strict specification. I am using radEditor because it is supposed to output xhtml compliant code! Any ideas?

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?