Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
164 views
Hi,
With the old RadEditor if you only chose one Edit Mode (say Design Mode) then it did not show the icons at the bottom. But the new RadEditor still shows the pencil icon when design mode is the only mode chosen. I would like to get rid of that icon. Is there a way to do that?
Clayton.
skysailor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2007
2 answers
188 views
Hi.

To gain the Xhtml compliance I have moved to Telerik ToolTip.

When one, or a few, tips are needed the ToolTip component are very simple to use :-)

When more tips are needed it get to complicated(for me) to manage. Here are my understanding of the flow:

1. Use RadToolTipManager when multiply tips on a page.
2. The Manager are feeded with ID's - BUT NO TITLE OR TEXT?
3. A AJAX callback are done when mouseover and some text may be returned into the "tip box".

Okay, first the AJAX callback activate page_load and the ispostback property are true - in my code a redirect was fired here :-(

Now I had to re-arrange my code. But okay :-)
 
That done, the AJAX call was activated - I was expecting to set the "TITLE" and the "TEXT" properties and just return. But no:- "e.UpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer" must be used to return a SINGLE text, and therefore the skin doesn't work out on title/text!

Why not give the opportunity to "just" feed the Manager with ID's AND TITLE + TEXT, and nothing more.

I know it would make more bytes to transfer, but it would be a lot simpler to use.

Now I am thinking of using a placeholder instead and filling it with 45xRadToolTip created dynamic.

Or maybe you can suggest a better approach?
Hessner
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Sep 2007
2 answers
301 views
Hi

I am currently getting this error on my web page.

Do you have any idea why it might be happening ?

my aspx is
<%@ Page Language="VB" UICulture="en" Culture="en-GB" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="dare" TagName="meta" Src="resources/meta.ascx" %> 
 
<%@ Register assembly="RadAjax.Net2" namespace="Telerik.WebControls" tagprefix="radA" %> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head> 
    <title id="titleDefault" runat="server"></title> 
    <dare:meta id="meta" runat="server" /> 
    <link href="css/main.css" type="text/css" rel="Stylesheet" /> 
</head> 
<body id="bodyDefault" runat="server" class="bodyDefault">  
    <form id="formDefault" class="formDefault" runat="server">  
        <asp:ScriptManager EnablePartialRendering="true" ID="smDefault" runat="server" /> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ramDefault" runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
        <radA:AjaxLoadingPanel ID="alpDefault" Runat="server" height="75px"   
            width="75px">  
            <asp:Image ID="imgLoading" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..."   
                ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" /> 
        </radA:AjaxLoadingPanel> 
        <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="rwmDefault" runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadWindowManager> 
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="rsmDefault" runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadScriptManager> 
        <telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="rttmDefault" runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadToolTipManager> 
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDefaultMain" runat="server" CssClass="rsDefaultMain" Height="100%" Width="100%" Orientation="Vertical" BackColor="Black" BorderWidth="0" PanesBorderSize="0">  
            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultLeftSlidingZone" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultLeftSlidingZone" Width="22px" Height="100%" Scrolling="None" BorderWidth="0">  
                <telerik:RadSlidingZone ID="rszDefaultLeftSlidingZone" Runat="server"   
                    BorderColor="AntiqueWhite" BorderWidth="1" CssClass="rszDefaultLeftSlidingZone"   
                    Height="100%" Width="22px">  
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="rspDefaultLoginDS" runat="server"   
                    CssClass="rspDefaultLoginDS" Title="" Width="350px">  
                        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDefaultLoginDS" runat="server"   
                    BorderWidth="0" CssClass="rsDefaultLoginDS" Height="100%"   
                    Orientation="Horizontal" PanesBorderSize="0" ResizeWithParentPane="false"   
                    Width="100%">  
                            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultLoginDS" runat="server"   
                    BorderWidth="0" CssClass="rpDefaultLoginDS" Height="100%" Scrolling="None"   
                    Width="100%">  
                            </telerik:RadPane> 
                        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
                    <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="rspDefaultLoginDARE" runat="server"   
                    CssClass="rspDefaultLoginDARE" Title="" Width="350px">  
                        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDefaultLoginDARE" runat="server"   
                    BorderWidth="0" CssClass="rsDefaultLoginDARE" Height="100%"   
                    Orientation="Horizontal" PanesBorderSize="0" ResizeWithParentPane="false"   
                    Width="100%">  
                            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultLoginDARE" runat="server"   
                    BorderWidth="0" CssClass="rpDefaultLoginDARE" Height="100%" Scrolling="None"   
                    Width="100%">  
                            </telerik:RadPane> 
                        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
                    </telerik:RadSlidingPane> 
                </telerik:RadSlidingZone> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultPage" runat="server" CssClass="rpDefaultPage" Width="100%" Height="100%" Scrolling="None" BackColor="Black" BorderWidth="0">  
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDefaultPage" runat="server" BackColor="Black"   
                    BorderWidth="0" CssClass="rsDefaultPage" Height="100%" Orientation="Horizontal"   
                    PanesBorderSize="0" ResizeWithParentPane="true" Width="96%">  
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultHeader" runat="server" BorderWidth="0"   
                    CssClass="rpDefaultHeader" Height="110px" Scrolling="None" Width="100%">  
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultContent" runat="server" BorderWidth="0"   
                    CssClass="rpDefaultContent" Scrolling="None" Width="100%">  
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="rpDefaultFooter" runat="server" BorderWidth="0"   
                    CssClass="rpDefaultFooter" Height="65px" Scrolling="None" Width="100%">  
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                </telerik:RadSplitter> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
    </form> 
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">  
        function funGetPane(sSplitter, sPane) {  
            var oPane = $find(sSplitter).getPaneById(sPane);  
            if (!oPane) return;  
            return oPane;  
        }  
    </script> 
</body> 
</html> 

a working example can be found at http://daresoft.no-ip.co.uk/daresoft

Kind Regards

David
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 22 Sep 2007
2 answers
137 views
I am trying to use the RadEditor for SharePoint 2007 in a customer web part I am creating in VS 2005.

I need to add a reference to the project to compile it, but I just can't find the relevant DLL. I'm sure there must be something I'm missing. But other examples in the Forum talk about POST-referenced projects.

Not much help if you can't add a reference.

Can I actually use the RadEditor in this way?
ascolti
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2007
4 answers
146 views
Is it possible to have two copies of the RadEditor so some sites can have different functionality.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2007
1 answer
183 views
The UseClassicWindows property exists in the RadControls WindowManager however, it isn't available in Prometheus.  Is that functionality that is intended for inclusion in Prometheus?

thanks
Nick
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2007
5 answers
198 views
Hello.

Is it possible for the colour picker to be displayed inline? I'd like it to appear next to a textbox rather than underneath. I've tried simply adding a style="display: inline;" but the palette is displayed x pixels underneath it.

Thanks,
Paul

Addendum: i've achieved this using the following html , but i'd still like to know if there's a 'neater' way of doing this.

<div style="display: inline; position: relative;"> 
    <telerik:RadColorPicker ID="rcpBackgroundColour" Preset="Web216" style="display: inline; position: absolute;" ShowIcon="true" ShowEmptyColor="true" PreviewColor="false" runat="server" /> 
</div> 

Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2007
3 answers
193 views
These also happen on the Telerik demo site.

On right clicking an image:
"Set Image Properties" produces either a "not implemented yet" alert, or an "invalid pointer"  error

"Image Map Editor" also produces the "not implemented yet" message.

Is the forums the correct place for me to post bugs?
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2007
1 answer
133 views
Hey there,
just to share some experience...

I created some docks dynamically and set the dock id to a .Net generated GUID. When I loaded the page I got a JavaScript error saying something like "Expected ':'"...

This issue might be obvious but never the less it took me some work to find out that the Guid is not suitable for id's...

Cheers
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2007
4 answers
115 views
Hi, We've successfully integrated the fully featured RADeditor in our sharepoint 2007 layouts, but recently discovered that some layouts that use the image upload control are not working across all browsers. Is there an equivalend solution for this control at Telerik (similar to replacing the html editor with radeditor)

Thanks
Maha
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?