Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
246 views
There appears to be a few changes when it comes to the spellchecker, which may not be easy for people to find so I thought I'd put them here.

First, the AJAX spellchecker now requires it's own httpHandler in the web.config in order to function properly.  If you don't have the handler setup and you load an editor with the spellchecker tool, it will fire an error (albeit a rather descriptive one!).  So, you'll need to add this to the web.config:

<add verb="*" validate="false" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI"/>


The next change is the location of the dictionaries (en-EN.tdf, for example).  The old editor stored these in the ~/RadControls/Spell/TDF/ folder.  This meant that you had to explicitly allow the Network Service account write permissions on that folder / file in order to add custom words to the dictionary.  Now, these files are stored in the App_Data folder, in a sub-directory called RadSpell (so the path is ~/App_Data/RadSpell).  I think this means you don't need to explicitly set permissions - but I could be wrong on that one (haven't had a chance to test it yet).  In any case, the AJAX spellchecker needs to have the dictionary(ies) in that location in order to function.

FYI, the official help file is located here:

http://www.telerik.com/help/radcontrols/prometheus/EnableSpellCheck.html



Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 11 Oct 2007
1 answer
106 views
We would like to use this on our sharepoint site.   We keep getting the following error.

Radupload Ajax callback error. Source url was not found....

We have it in the safecontrols and have it in the GAC.  I think it has to do with Sharepoint checking for the file or a url rewriting issue.

I thank you for any help you can give.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2007
1 answer
184 views
Hi there,

I am using a RAD Ajax panel that in turn contains a Slider. However, once I do that, I run into various issues. First of all, my Ajax associated LoadingPanel no longer works. That is, I no longer see the content defined in this panel.

Additionally, I am having serious issues with the ValueChanged event handler to fire on a Server 2003 production server while it works fine on XP.

Before I start digging into this, I was wondering what scenarios are supported. Can I use a Slider inside an AJAX panel? If so, what's the best one to use? The standard version, the Prometheus version or the Microsoft one?

My main scenario is filtering a list of records (presented by a Repeater) based on the slider's value. When I choose a different value, I want the list to become larger or smaller without a full postback

Any known issues I should be aware off?

Thanks in advance for an answer.
Imar
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2007
5 answers
202 views
Hi Guys,

I have a problem because my app initially hides all the controls on the page with Visible="False" and only makes them visible on a partial postback. This is fine for normal controls but Prometheus controls don't seem to load properly when visible is set to "True" on the containing panel.

I have made this demo as simple as possible.....

<%@ Page Language="VB" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<script runat="server"> 
    Sub ButtonClick() 
        PlaceHolder1.Visible = True 
    End Sub 
</script> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Slider Test</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"> 
    </asp:ScriptManager> 
    <div> 
        <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server"> 
            <ContentTemplate> 
                <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="ButtonClick" Text="Make Slider Visible" /> 
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="PlaceHolder1" Visible="False" runat="server"> 
                    <telerik:RadSlider 
                        ID="RadSlider1" 
                        runat="server" 
                        Skin="Web20" 
                    />   
                    Testing to see if slider shows up. 
                </asp:PlaceHolder> 
            </ContentTemplate> 
        </asp:UpdatePanel> 
         
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

The slider doesn't show up properly when you hit the button. However, if you change the placeholder tag as follows....

<asp:PlaceHolder ID="PlaceHolder1" Visible="True" runat="server">

..so that it shows when the page loads then it works fine.

I hope there is a way round this as the same problem happens with tooltips, if the tooltipmanager isn't visible when the page first loads then it doesn't load properly on a callback.

Jon
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2007
1 answer
149 views
hiya,

I've downloaded and run prometheus.I can run the examples locally.
I've been reading docs and apparently prometheus is a single dll.

I want to use it in other projects, form the toolbox.
I look for the prometheus in the BIN folder of the prometheusExamples project, but it isn't there.

Where is is it?It works, so it must be somewhere.

many thanks,

yogi
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2007
17 answers
451 views

i have a simple scenario. IN master page i have this

<asp:ScriptManager EnablePageMethods="true" ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

<Scripts>

<asp:ScriptReference Path="~/Scripts/Util.js" />

</Scripts>

</asp:ScriptManager>

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

IN the page i have a usercontrol like this

<ajaxToolkit:TabContainer Width="687px" ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" OnActiveTabChanged="TabContainer1_ActiveTabChanged">

<ajaxToolkit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel8" runat="server" HeaderText="Contact History">

<ContentTemplate>

<uc7:ContactHistory id="ContactHistory1" runat="server" />

</ContentTemplate>

</ajaxToolkit:TabContainer>

In the usercontrol i have this

<asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManagerProxy>

<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="grdcontacthistory">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="grdcontacthistory" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="contactdetail" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Height="75px"

InitialDelayTime="0" Width="75px" MinDisplayTime="500">

<asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" 


basically in the usercontrol i have gridview and when u select row in the grid view it updates the details view.
Everything works ajaxified except the loading panel does not appear for grid while the page sending request.
How can i get the loading panel to appear.

Thanks
Zeeshan Hirani

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2007
1 answer
205 views
Looking at the help file for Prometheus it seems to indicate that where I am using some of the Prometheus controls in my web application, as well as shipping the telerik.web.ui dll in my bin directory, I also need to register this in the GAC on the web server?  I am assuming this to be the case as my application did not run until I actually installed Prometheus on the test machine itself which is acting as a local server.

Can you confirm this is required, as this is rather different to the Q1 and Q2 2007 releases of RadControls which did not require any GAC registration on the web server.

David Penny
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2007
7 answers
494 views
Hi Sir,
Can u Please Tell me haw can i apply Embedded skins to prometheus RadEditor. and where is the prometheus RadControl Folder to be placed exactly in the application

thanks in advance.
annie
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Oct 2007
1 answer
115 views
Hello

We are currenty trying your new scheduler.
I have a question: Is it possible to change the captions of the labels? (Ex.: "Today","Day","Week","Month").

Thanks in advance.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2007
10 answers
692 views
With the previous version of the RadWindow (RadControls for ASP.Net Q1 2007), there was a method called GetWindowByName in the radwindowmanager.  It seems this function is no longer available in the prometheus tools.  With that in mind, how do I go about still using a javascript function to resize the radwindow?  The code I used is listed below:

    function ResizeWindow(WinName)     
    {     
        var rwManager = GetRadWindowManager();     
        var rwindow = rwManager.GetWindowByName(WinName);     
        var screenHeight = document.documentElement.clientHeight;  
        var screenWidth = document.documentElement.clientWidth;  
        rwindow.SetHeight(parseInt(screenHeight - 150));   
        rwindow.SetWidth(parseInt(screenWidth - 150));  
        rwindow.Center();  
    }    


Thanks!
Pat.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?