Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
157 views
Hi

I've used the code on the Demo page to save/load state of RadDockLayout in a cookie and this works on postback - but how do I set the layout by reading the cookie on the initial page load - (the items in the dock are being created dynamically in the OnInit)

I have read the portal demo and see how it's done using a database - but hopefully a simple cookie is all I need.

Regards

Nigel
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2007
5 answers
278 views
I have played with Docking control for few days.  I was able to save docking layout after postback using the "My Portal"sample as base.  However, I do not want to use session object to store DockStates, since it may be timed out.  Is there anyway that I can store it in ViewState (yes, I know that LoadDockLayout evetn happened before LoadViewState.)?  I guess that I can save it to database or server cache, but is there any easier solution?
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2007
1 answer
172 views
Hi im using a tooltip manager and i need a way to set the tooltip position-offsets on AjaxUpdate event
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2007
3 answers
149 views
I was making good progress with the suggestions I have received through the forum here.  The appointments are displaying the way I want without the delete icon.  The problem now, is when I click on "Next" in any of the views, it will only move one period ahead no matter how many times I click on the button.  The same is true for previous.  In any view, if I click on Next the calendar moves only one period ahead and no further.  If I then click previous, instead of going back one period it goes back two periods and skips the previous period.  This behavior is true for all of the views.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Oct 2007
5 answers
226 views
*** EDIT *** Nevermind, the bug was confirmed by support as I wrote this post.

After submitting a support ticket, the fellas at telerik were unable to reproduce my issue, so I'm hoping that someone out there can help.  It appears that the DialogOpener which is built into the editor doesn't like being inside a FormView.  Can someone else give this a try and let us know whether or not it works?

1) Create a new project or page, with an asp:ScriptManager on the page
2) Add a FormView, and then place an editor with all the default settings inside the EmptyDataTemplate.
3) Ensure the httpHandler has been setup so that the dialogs will open
4) On the page_load event, create a new Data.DataTable and set it as the datasource for the FormView and call DataBind on the FormView.  This will make sure that the EmptyDataTemplate will be shown when the page loads.
5) Run the page and try to open any of the dialogs - the Image Manager, Document Manager, Link Manager, etc.

100% of the time I get a "this._container is null or not an object" javascript error.  Can someone give this a try and let me know whether or not I'm going insane?  Thanks!
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2007
2 answers
175 views
I have tried to apply:
BorderWidth="0px" BorderStyle="0"
also
Skin="CustomSkin" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False"
and also
setting the same things to the RadPanes
BUT
still there is a 1px black border around each pane.
I checked the tag out in Firebug and it says the style is coming from the ELEMENT not some style sheet. So it appears the style is being embeded in the tag at runtime. Is this a bug?

is there ANY way to remove this border?


Thanks
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2007
1 answer
142 views
Hi

I am using the following call to load a radwindow and it is failing with the above message ...
Call Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.Page, Me.Page.GetType, "LoginWindowScript", "window.radopen('Login.aspx', 'wLoginRegister');", True) 

The rad window manager code is as:
                <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="rwmHeader" runat="server" InitialBehaviors="Maximize" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false">  
                    <Windows> 
                        <telerik:RadWindow ID="wLoginRegister" Height="400px" Width="400px" Animation="Fade" runat="server" Modal="true"></telerik:RadWindow> 
                    </Windows> 
                </telerik:RadWindowManager> 
 

.... and the Ajax ...
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="rampHeader" runat="server">  
    <AjaxSettings> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rmMenu">  
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rwmHeader" LoadingPanelID="ralpHeader" /> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rmMenu" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy> 
 


Kind Regards

David
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2007
1 answer
141 views
Hi

I am getting the above error when loading an ascx wihin a RadGrid to view one of the grid items.

I have one Telerik.UI Control being a NumericTextBox on the form.

The aspx is as below :
<%@ Control Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="rgSearchResults.ascx.vb" Inherits="rgSearchResults" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
<table style="background-image: url('../images/light-tile.gif'); width: 100%; height:100%;"> 
    <tr> 
        <td> 
            Photos: 
        </td> 
        <td> 
            <div id="divPhotos" runat="server"> 
            </div> 
        </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr> 
        <td> 
            Description: 
        </td> 
        <td> 
            <asp:Label ID="lblDescription" runat="server"></asp:Label> 
        </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr> 
        <td> 
            Price 
        </td> 
        <td> 
            <asp:Label ID="lblPrice" runat="server"></asp:Label> 
        </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr> 
        <td> 
            Availability 
        </td> 
        <td> 
            <asp:Label ID="lblAvailability" runat="server"></asp:Label> 
        </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr> 
        <td colspan="2" align="center"> 
            Quantity&nbsp;<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="nQuantity" runat="server" MinValue="0" MaxLength="3" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="0" Width="45px"></telerik:RadNumericTextBox>&nbsp;<asp:Button ID="btnAddToCart" runat="server" Text="Add To Cart" CommandName="btnAddToCart" /> 
        </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr> 
        <td colspan="2" align="center"> 
            <asp:Button ID="btnClose" runat="server" Text="Close" CommandName="btnClose" /> 
        </td> 
    </tr> 
</table> 

Kind Regards

David
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2007
2 answers
202 views
I am trying to use this to enable people to set a schedule of when appointments are possible. Say for example People at the doctors office set up a schedule of when , what doctor's appointments are available. And i want the staff to be able to set up the doctor's schedule only for 3 months , is there a way to specify the start date and end date for which the scheduler calendar can be show?
jeremy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Oct 2007
1 answer
121 views
If I schedule an appointment for 2/ 3days int he month view it shows the appointment only on the start date and doenot show the appointments spanned for the multiple days.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?