Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
123 views
I want to have additional fields in the appointment table and take input for those from the user, proivde options to insert and update on the advance edit form. How can I achieve this ?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
1 answer
192 views
Hello,

It does not seem that the ToolTip and the Dock want to play well together. When I set the RadToolTipManager.ContentScrolling="Y" and put a Dock in the tooltip, I get the following:

Before Scrolling Down:
http://www.owebtech.com/error1.jpg

After Scrolling Down:
http://www.owebtech.com/error2.jpg

My understanding is that enabling the scroll bar should limit the height of the ToolTip to whatever I set it to (300px in this case) and scroll for the remaining content. However, this tooltip seems to have been extended to meet the maximum required height and the Dock does not seem to be scrolling with the rest of the page.

Thoughts as to how I can avoid this and make it look normal?

Thank you,
Oleg Fridman
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
2 answers
102 views
I would like to be able to have different toolbars for different rich text columns on the same list when I am editing.  For example, if I have a news item with the following columns, I'd like to be able to have the corresponding toolbars (at a high level):
New Item Abstract -- Basic Toolbar
News Item Body -- Enhanced Toolbar
Related Documents -- Just the Document Manager button
Related Links -- Just the Custom Links dropdown
etc.

I'm hoping that there is a way to do this without going into the aspx, as there will be many, many aspxs to deal with.

Thanks,
M.
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
3 answers
69 views
Are there release notes for the 4.4 bits somewhere?  If they are available, I can't seem to find them.

Thanks,
M.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
5 answers
297 views

I have a page that contains a control with a RadTooltip, this displayes fine using the AjaxUpdate.

On the same page I have RadAjaxPanel (non-Prometheus), this works fine until I move the mouse over the control with tooltip.  This will obviously generate the AjaxUpdate for the Tooltip, however it somehow brings the RadAjaxPanel into a non-functioning state - giving a JavaScript error: Unexpected ajax response was received from the server, when a ajax postback on the panel is performed.

Obviously the "old" RadAjaxManager doesn't coexist with new Prometheus Ajax - can anyone confirm this?

So I guess there is no way around this, other than to replace the old RadAjaxPanel with the new Prometheus counter part? (I know this will be the long term solution, however my whole application is built around the "old" Rad controls and I'd rather not change the ajax part).

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
3 answers
181 views
[I originally posted this by mistake in the SharePoint 2003 forum; I can't see the SharePoint version numbers along the left in my browser (IE7).]

I'm evaluating RADEditor for a client and I have some questions:
  • I want to expose a set of custom CSS Classes in the RADEditor-enabled sites, but the default RTE set in sites that are not using it.  I've set up a CSSEditor.xml file with the custom classes, but I'm still seeing all of the defaults as well.  Any way to "isolate" the two?
  • I want to be able to use the Custom Links functionality, but I can't figure out where the link information should go.  I see discussion of using ToolsFile.xml, but I'm using ListToolsFile.xml, as all of my items are in lists. [I solved this by adding a <links> section to my ListToolsFile.xml file.]
  • I also want to use the Document Manager, and limit the location that users can get links to one specific Document Library in SharePoint.  Where can I specify that library?  (It's at "\Download Documents" in my Web Application.) [I solved this by adding a <property name="DocumentsPaths"> section to my ListConfigFile.xml file.]

Thanks much,
M.

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
1 answer
216 views

I am stumped.   Chances are that this will be something simple, but I am unable to obtain the value returned by the RadWindow.Close method in my close event handler.   The eventhandler is being fired, but the value (as verified in the VS 2005 debugger) is showing as "{...}" without an expander to see detail (new to javascript debugging, so I am not really sure what that means!).

Here is the code in the popup window...

    <script>  
        /* This function needed to get reference to RadWindow*/ 
        function GetRadWindow()  
        {  
            var oWindow = null;  
            if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow; //Will work in Moz in all cases, including clasic dialog  
            else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow;//IE (and Moz az well)  
                          
            return oWindow;  
        }  
    </script>  
 
//If the user clicks OK then this code is injected into the page via a literal control.  
<script Language=""javascript"">GetRadWindow().close('OK');</script>"  
 
//If the user clicks Cancel then this code is injected into the page via a literal control.  
<script Language=""javascript"">GetRadWindow().close('Cancel');</script>"  
 

Here is the window control defintion...

<telerik:RadWindow ID="rwAddNewContact" runat="server" Modal="true" NavigateUrl="~/ProtectedPages/Popups/NewContact.aspx" OpenerElementID="<%# btnAddNewContact.ClientID %>" VisibleStatusbar="false" VisibleTitlebar="true" Title="Add New Contact" OnClientClose="OnNewContactClose" Height="250" Width="730" OffsetElementID="PopupAnchor" ReloadOnShow="true"></telerik:RadWindow> 
 



Here is the javascript in the parent...

<script type="text/javascript">function OnNewContactClose(radWindow, returnValue)  
    {  
        if (returnValue == "OK")   
            __doPostBack('_ctl0:cphOne:ctrlContactList:btnHiddenPostbackButton','')  
    }  
</script>  
 
 

Again, almost everything is working fine - the popup is displaying, posting its data, closing, and firing the event handler on the main form.   If I remove the IF test, the main page posts back appropriately.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!  


Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
1 answer
46 views
Hi

Will the rad editor maintains any version for the content that has been modified in sharepoint server. The problem is can we revert back to the previous data at any instance of time. Could you please clarify on this?

Thank you,
Subramanyam
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
3 answers
153 views
I have 6-7 windows on one page, only 2-4 of them look active at a time
I mean 2-4 windows look normal (with color) and the rest faded (grayish)

is there a way to make them all be with color?

(I hope I managed to explain myself..)
Alissa
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
3 answers
176 views
I have a portal site where I dynamically add docks-controls.
Everything works fine except for the fact that in a rad editor inside the dock will not open any of the media-manager, image-manager, document-manager.
I imagine the problem could be in some client script not beeing registered.
Any solution?
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?