Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
149 views
Hi,

We are currently working on developing AJAX enabled webparts for Sharepoint. We have two web parts namely ‘TelerikChartDemo(Web Part 1)’ and ‘TelerikComboDemo (Web Part 2)’. We have added Chart web part twice to observe the sequential web part loading. When we choose any non zero value from combo box. it will refresh the chart web parts in a sequential manner i.e. one chart completes its processing and when it renders then the processing of second chart starts. We are looking for parallel updating of chart web parts.

These webparts use Telerik RadAJAXpanel. Web part 2 is a provider which gives data to its consumers that are Web part 1 and web part 3.

All consumers expose a property which returns the client ID of the RadAjaxPanel that they contain. These client ID's are then added as a part of response script by the provider using the code block

pnl.ResponseScripts.Add(String.Format("window['{0}'].AjaxRequest();", panelID));

where pnl is also a RadAjaxPanel in the provider (webpart1) containing the dropdown.

The problem lies when selected index changes and it refreshes consumer web part in sequential manner. What we want is to start the refresh process in parallel.
Is this possible ?If yes, then can you please recommend a way of achieveing this?

We tried to load the sample source code but could not find a way to do so. Please let us know if there is a way by which we can send you the sample source.

Thank you for your help,

Vedanshu

Vedanshu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Nov 2007
6 answers
154 views
Hi,
Ive just completed a prototype for our company that uses the Prometheus Dock Controls extensively.  All went well and the company now want to go ahead and put it into production.

However - i cant find a link anywhere to buy the controls!
I presume this is because they are still in beta/rc stage?

Is there any kind of licence i can buy now that will enable me to use the controls without the nag message/in production?
I have read posts on this forum that suggest this is possible so any feedback from existing customers would be great.

Regards,
Guy
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Nov 2007
6 answers
267 views
I am trying to add a Dock programmatically. I am using the example from the cfm help file and it works fine if i am adding dock to zones but if i want to add a floating dock it doesn't show up on the page. I have tried adding to to the control collection of the Layout object and page. I cannot add it to a zone because it will through an error. How do i get it to show up. While testing this scenerio out, I found another problem. The Dockmode state is not presisting when the dock was dynamicly created. For example, if i set the dockmode to default. it will not let me float a dock. it enforces zone ownership.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Nov 2007
2 answers
144 views
I have a page that has several RadDockableObjects that are dynamically generated.  Each RadDockableObject has a RadToolbar object on it.  I have a RadTooltipManager on the page to generate the tooltips for the ToolbarButtons.  Everything is fine when the page initially loads.  However, after one or more of the RadDockableObjects are refreshed using AJAX, they appear above the tooltip.

I have tried setting this z-order of each the RadDockableObjects to -250 after each AJAX postback, but that doesn't seem to help.  Since I am using a RadToolbarManager, I'm not sure how to set the z-order for the tooltips.  I also tried updating the css file for the tooltip skin, but for some reason none of my changes seemed to take affect (I set the EnableEmbeddedSkins=false and explicitly referenced the stylesheet per an article here). 

Any other suggestions out there to get the tooltips to stay on top?

Because of the nature of the application, it isn't possible to post the complete project, but I will post whatever snippets might help to troubleshoot this problem as needed.

Thanks!
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Nov 2007
1 answer
134 views
Hi!

I'm building a server-side asset picker function that will be used from a Rad editor in a MOSS Page layout. We're running the rad editor for MOSS version 4.4.0.0.

The function is made available by clicking a custom button in the rad editor toolbar, which will pop up the asset picker in a new window. The user then selects the desired asset, the picker window closes and the asset is put into the text at the cursor's current position. The asset will be a custom made reusable HTML object.

I've looked at the API examples for adding custom buttons but can't really find information on how to connect a rad toolbar button to a MOSS application page that will list the available assets? I'm also interested in how I can feed the HTML object back into the rad editor? Could you help me on the way?

Regards
Magnus
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Nov 2007
5 answers
141 views
hiya,

I'm having an issue with the above.
Tootltip works with other controls on same page, but not radRotator.
Is this by design?

Many thanks,

yogi
Chris Yoker
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Nov 2007
4 answers
172 views
I am using the tooltip control along with the RadControls for ASP.NET.  I am also using ELMAH as my error logging solution.  I have seen in other threads that ELMAH is logging an error:

System.Web.HttpException: This is an invalid webresource request.

I get this error any time some one hovers over a tooltip.  I understand with the RadControls that you would set UseEmbeddedScripts = false and make sure you have set the skin attribute. 

With the Prometheus controls I am not sure how to do this.  I have tried copying the Skins folder to the root directory but that didn't help.  It is interesting that I can set the skin (and that works) but the control, I am assuming, is still referencing something it can't find.

Any ideas of what else I need to do or can do to eliminate this error.

Thanks



Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Nov 2007
1 answer
129 views
Goto:
    http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/ToolTip/Examples/ClientSideAPI/DefaultCS.aspx

Do the following
    Don't move the mouse over the Submit button
    Click on the E-Mail text box
    Tab until you reach the Submit button

Thanks,
Italo
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Nov 2007
1 answer
209 views
Hello,

I am using multiple sliders on a page. They are used to distribute a value to multiple factors. Here's an example:

Lets say we have a value of 100. There are 4 sliders which are used to distribute that value between 4 factors. By default, the first factor is assigned 75%, the second factor is 25%, the other 2 are assigned 0%.

As the first factor is decreased, the other 3 will increase evenly. i.e. the first factor is decreased 3%, factor 2 will increase to 26% and the other 2 will increase to 1% each.

The final requirement is that each factor can be locked to the value currently assigned to it. Lets say in the previous example, factors 3 and 4 were locked at 0%. The result would be factor 1 would be at 72% and factor 2 would be 28%.

I've been playing with some javascript to implement this functionality, but my javascript skills are newbie at best...=)

The immediate problem I'm having is issues with recursion. I am trapping the onvaluechanged event so I can update the other sliders to their new values. I thought I could use a global variable that indicates the value is changing as the result of another slider moving, but it's not enough (apparently).

As I move one slider, all the sliders (including the one I'm moving) take on a life their own. While it's cool to look at, it's not really what I'm after...=)

Instead of redoing all the js code to address this problem, I thought I would post here to see if there are better ways of implementing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Nov 2007
4 answers
196 views
There was a similar sounding question near the bottom of the currently posted questions. I am not quite sure if that is how to fix my problem.
When I view my code in IE6 the radslidingpanes go under any listbox or dropdownlist in my right pane. In FireFox 2.0.0.1 it works fine..

since I am not using docking panels I tried just using part of your solution to change the zindex of the sliders.
<style type="text/css">             
  #ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_LeftPane{position:relative;z-index:999;}     
                
  @media screen and (min-width: 550px)     
  {     
      #ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_LeftPane{display:block;float:left;}     
   }    
</style>  

That didn't seem to work.
Any thoughts? Thanks.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Nov 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?