Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
268 views
I'm trying to use $addHandler to hook up some client side events but my event handlers are not getting called ...

Can you provide an example of using the $addHandler AJAX method to do this please.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Dec 2007
3 answers
176 views
In the ASP.NET controls I could do something like

if (item.Text == item.ComboBox.get_text())
{
}

How do I do this with the new RadComboBox ? 
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Dec 2007
3 answers
97 views
We are moving a very large app from 1.1 to 3.5 and have some questions. Can you take a look and let me know if you can help with any solutions? Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way and you can direct us in a different direction. 

http://digitalfifty.com/Concepts.zip

If you look at the zipped solution it is a very simply concept of what we are trying to do.
You have a web applicaiton project called Wrapper. In there you have Themes, Images, MasterPages and CSS files.
You will also see Test1 and Test2 web applicaitons. We would like to reference all the "Look and Feel" items from the Wrapper project. In the master pages we will also have the navagation and other items such as web user controls if need be. This way we don't need to re-create common ones for each project.
 
We are also looking to have seperate web projects for each module since they are so large. This is represented by Test1 and Test2. Our thought was to have a different host header for each module such as:
OurSite.com
Test1.OurSite.com
Test2.OurSite.com
 
Would we be able to pass Cookies / Sessions from one to another. The login for authentication would be in the OurSite.com project. How do you debug in VS with something like this. You are in the "starter" project and authenticate. Then you click a link that takes you to Test1. VS will not like that cause Test1 is not the project you started the devug on will it?
 
It seems that this can't be an unusual request for large web applications. It's just that finding info on how to accomplish it is near impossible.

Any help you can give would be great.
 
Thank you so much
Jason
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Dec 2007
24 answers
629 views
I recently let my subscription expire with a competitor and purchased RadControls for ASP.Net. One of the things (not the only thing) that made me go with Telerik was the fact that each control was a separate assembly. This meant that if I was deploying a project that only used the combobox I didn't need to upload the entire control library to the production site. In the case of a site built for a client I also feel more comforatable only deploying what they need/use to their server vs. the entire control set.
So when I read about the Prometheus controls boasting "Simpler deployment as all controls are now shipped in a single assembly" as a benefit I'm actually disappointed. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a plus, it's not like uploading 5 files vs 1 is difficult to do, especially when VS will copy required files when publishing anyway.

Otherwise keep up the great work, even though you have made this choice it's still not so bad that I want to switch back ;)

Regards,
Phill
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Dec 2007
1 answer
179 views
It's probably because it's in "futures" but just in case...

The ShowToggleImage="False" results in a disabled, but still visible toggle image.

The OffsetX ans OffsetY properties do nothing at all.
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Dec 2007
1 answer
181 views
I would like to change the current tab behavior. Currently, pressing tab in the content places a TAB character into the content, whereas I would like to move focus to the next control in the tab order (a "Save" button in my scenario).

Also, when a user tabs into the editor from the previous control in the tab order, focus is set to the first button on the toolbar, whereas I would like to set focus in the content area.

Is there an easy way to change this behavior, or do I need to add my own event handler?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Dec 2007
1 answer
120 views
Hi, I have a few date and time pickers on a page and I want to set the padding on the input boxes to match the rest of my site.  I'm having a few issues that look like this:

Oh, can't insert images here..

Ok, so anyway if I put left padding on the input box part of the calendar input, it pushes the width outside the td and moves under the calendar image on the right.  Because there are inline styles all over the place (width: 100% is the main offender) i can't seem to move the calendar over or change the width here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave Newman
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Dec 2007
2 answers
203 views
Hi,

I wanted to extend the rad editor in 2 ways.

The first thing I wanted to do is change the way files are fetched and stored when using the Imagemanger. Doing this was relatively easy by writing my own FileBrowserContentProvider.

The second thing I wanted add was the possibility for users to select a page within the website in a popup, the result should be a propper URL to the page they selected. I tried to do this by following the tutorial here but i get stuck. I'm able to add the button to the toolbar but i can't get the dialog to show up.

I'm extending the rad Editor in a custom control:
    [ToolboxData("<{0}:cRadEditor runat=server></{0}:cRadEditor>")]
    public class cRadEditor : RadEditor

My problem is that i don't know where to add the code that you put in the page_load of the webpage (in point 4 of the tutorial).

Creating the .ascx dialog shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone having an idea how i should solve this problem?
Brecht
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Dec 2007
2 answers
175 views
I set the RadEditor control to use only one edit mode (design) and would like to hide the mode tab (pencil icon) below the content area, and remove the unused space to the right of it.

How do I turn off rendering of the edit mode tabs?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Dec 2007
9 answers
226 views
Hello,

It seems that in IE7, the RadWindow that is opened is about 50px larger in height than in IE6 or Firefox.  Is there anyway around this?  Just navigating to the default sample on the Telerik website, the window is larger and even extends down past the background that it is supposed to be within. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris
Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?