Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
163 views
I have the new VS 2008 installed and love it. We have MSDN so it's nice. The only problem I am having is figuring out which controls to use from Telerik.

Do I use 2.0 and Prometheus? The reason I ask is because not all the RAD Controls are in the Prometheus suite of controls.

Jason
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Dec 2007
2 answers
122 views
After deploying and activating the RadEditor into my Sharepoint farm, I can't seem to get it to replace the default Rich Text Editor.  I've "recycled" the application and browser a few different ways: iisreset, start/stop website, recycle application pool, clear the object cache, deactivate/activate feature, shift-F5. 

I've activated this feature before in a dev box and it worked fine.  Now I'm testing it out in a staging box and am unable to succesfully proceed past activation of the feature on a site.

Any suggestions? THANKS!
Marty
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
1 answer
134 views
Can I use snippets in Prometheus radEditor?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
1 answer
121 views
Whilst using VS 2008 I have come across a problem whereby if you change the property of a tooltip at design time, the tooltip will actually dissapear. You can still access it via the html source but the whole tooltip dissapears from the design view. Quite annoying.

You can replicate my situation by dragging a tooltip and placing a textbox inside it. Then using the properties set the skin to vista.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
1 answer
136 views
Hi, It appears as though the RadEditor now converts all span tags to font tags for background use and then back again when retrieving content.

This is a real issue because when debugging the javascript the spans are not event replicated completley, IDs are lost for example.

Has anyone found a way around this.

Telerik, do you have a solution?

Thanks in advance...
George
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
4 answers
170 views
Hi,
Have been trying for most of the day to install the latest build of Prometheus, but although I can add it to my project, and add it to the toolbar, when I try and drag a control from the toolbar to the page I get the following error:
'Control cannot be created because Visual Studio cannot find the control's type in the control assembly.'

What needs to be done to fix this?
Jorge Teixeira
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
8 answers
257 views
for some reason the slider is not showing on page. I looked at the viewsource and it says typ="hidden" but visible = true. not sure what is going on. any help
James Rintoul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
1 answer
182 views

I am using RadGrid (5.0.1.0) control on a custom page in MOSS with a master page.  When I tried to add ExportToExcel in button click event the event would fire on the first click but on subsequent clicks nothing would happen – all postbacks were suppressed. I tracked the problem to this line of code in the master page:

<form runat="server" onsubmit="return _spFormOnSubmitWrapper();">

_spBodyOnLoadWrapper() doesn’t seem to reset some internal variables in partial post backs.

When I remove the onsubmit event the page seems to works fine (<form runat="server">).

I don’t want to remove it since it’s a standard MOSS master page and it might break some other functionality.

Is there a workaround for this?

Are master pages supported by teleric controls in MOSS?

 

My custom and master pages live in:

\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
1 answer
231 views
I'm trying the new RadGrid "Prometheus" with a clean install of VS2008RTM.
In source view, everything is working fine, but when moving to design view I'm receiving this error:

Error creating template groups. Reason: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid' to type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid'.
    at Telerik.Web.Design.RadGridDesigner.get_GridComponent()
    at Telerik.Web.Design.RadGridDesigner.get_TemplateGroups()

[]'s!

Henrique
Henrique Duarte
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
2 answers
286 views

This isn't all that difficult but I thought I'd post it anyway to possibly save someone some time.  I went through one of my projects last night and updated the radM:radmenu's to telerik:radmenu's, and here's what I found:
1) Just like all the other Prometheus controls, if you're using a non-embedded skin (which I think most people would be for the menu), you have to set the EnableEmbeddedSkins property to "False"
2) The CSS selector names have changed which means that all of your current styling won't be applied.  Go into the stylesheet that contains the definitions for the menu styling and update at least the following:

  • .link is now .rmLink
  • .text is now .rmText
  • .group is now .rmGroup
  • .rootGroup is now .rmRootGroup

I imagine that all the other names have been updated to use a similar naming convention; since I don't happen to use any of them (.firstGroup, etc.), I cannot confirm this.

Hope that helps somebody.

Shaun.

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?