Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
74 views
I cannot find radPanelpar in Prometheus controls? Is this control no longer supported or required?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
1 answer
106 views
If I have a page and popup a RadWindow.
This RadWindow have a repeater with links.
How do I set the links to target my opener page, not my radwindow?
At the same time I want the radwindow to be closed.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
5 answers
189 views

This is probably going to sound like an “out there” request, but you never know unless you ask.

I tried, unsuccessfully, to implement a complex solution using the RadAjax ServiceManager, and am wondering about the capabilities and/or future of the Prometheus version of ServiceManager and it’s support for the other Telerik controls.

As a backgrounder...

The application I was developing was a complex news page, and the idea was that a reader would get a page of headlines (potentially in quite complex html layout) and they could then click on a headline to read “more” ...the details of which would be inserted, in place. At first glance this might seem simple, just make an Ajax callback and insert the missing content. However, an Ajax callback, would involve a full page cycle and require re-building the entire page, just to add the requested detail. For this application, that was a very expensive requirement, particularly when you start adding lots of readers into the mix, as it would involve multiple SQL queries and a butt-load of server processing... and it would basically kill the website. Hence, I was attempting to pass the request to a webservice... “send me details on article 123456” and insert the returned content at the client. The problem was that the returned content might contain rendered output of other rad controls, like panelbars... I needed to do a lot of server-side hacking of the rendered output and still the content was never rendered/activated properly, as there was no real client support for this in RadAjax... which is not something I’m complaining about, as it was never designed to do it.

However... Prometheus is a new game and a new opportunity, and I know that, in concept, it’s “possible” to do this type of thing with MS-Ajax... you just need to know exactly where everything is and how to register/activate the scripts, etc etc... and am wondering if Telerik have investigated ajax options to provide “update page from service” type of calls, that can manage advanced/complex content.

-- MB.

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
1 answer
117 views

Hello,
Just wondering when the RadControls Prometheus is going to be updated to work properly with the AjaxControlToolkit and extender controls?
I'm more interested in using the CalendarExtender provided by the AjaxControlToolkit over the RadControls Prometheus because of usability, however it still seems unresolved having an extender inside of a RadAjaxPanel controlled by a Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax Script Manager.
Cheers, Timothy Grant Vogelsang

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
1 answer
67 views
1. Could you update the code for ExportToCSV to that it uses the HeaderText, if available, instead of the DataField or UniqueName? This would make it consistent with ExportToExcel.

2. Also, I believe the method should be named ExportToCsv, according to Microsoft's naming guidelines (acronyms three characters or longer should be Pascal-cased, not uppercase). Same for ExportToPdf (not ExportToPDF).

Thanks,

David
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
1 answer
214 views
I am opening centered RadWindows using client side script that always opens it from the browser window even though the control that triggers it sits inside a RadSplitter/RadPane.  The windows are opened Modally.

When the window opens the background image is displayed and any scrollbars on the main browser window dissappear.  When the RadWindow is closed the background image is hidden and the main page appears active again, but the scrollbars do not return so the user can no longer scroll to see content off screen and is forced to refresh the browser.

Any ideas how to fix this.

I am using the Q3 release of Prometheus RadWindow (although I think this problem was there before this release) with a RadWindowManager in the master page.  No windows are defined, they are all generated via client side script.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
1 answer
97 views
Hi!

I'm using Visual studio 2008, framework 3.5 and  the last version of Prometheus.

My problem is the next:
I have a page with two RadDatePickers ( RadDatePicker1 and RadDatePicker2) and a button (button1) .This page appears with a Master
Page.

In the first time I load the page I can't see the calendar but when I click on the button1 and the page does a postback the raddatepicker's calendar appears.


This problem happens when I'm using a MasterPage.

I don't know what to do with my application.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
5 answers
174 views
Hi,

We just bought Telerik ASP.NET controls. I thought Prometheus license comes free with every ASP.NET license. But Icannot see any Prometheus tab on my purchase section.

Please fix this. Thanks.

Abu
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
3 answers
131 views
Hi,

I use the Q3 2007 Prometheus Ajax.  However, when I tried to run it on my ascx module, it doesn't ajaxfy but doing post back.  I follow the sample code from your online demo but doesn't work.  I suspect it's related to my web.config.  Please let me know you have any suggestion for me or if you need me to provide you any sample code.

Chris
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
4 answers
302 views
In radControls for asp.net I am able to use an http compression module by setting the UseEmbeddedScripts property of some of the controls to 'false'.  In the Prometheus suite there is no such property (at least I haven't seen one).  Is there a way to get compression to work while using the Prometheus controls?

Thanks
Jeff Beem
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?