Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
147 views
Ok,
this is a little complicated, and i'll try to explain it the best way I can, and please don't redirect me to one of the examples because I've looked at all of them.

Under hierarchy RadGrid, I am loading 2 databases, they are foreign keyed with each other, we'll call first databse dummy1 and second one dummy2, [key] under dummy is the [id] for dummy2.

under <detailtables> I've set up the property.
<ParentTableRelation>
<telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="id" MasterKeyField="Key" />
</ParentTableRelation>   

[id] is not the primary key for dummy2,

here comes the problem, when I try to insert new data on dummy2, it would always give me error where [id] is null and can't be null, how do I put it in a parameter where [id] will take the [key] value from dummy1?

something like
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="dummy1" Name="id" Type="Int16" />
but works... this doesn't work, since the selected value from dummy1 isn't necessarily the hierarchy thats open.

Peter
Nyceane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
1 answer
231 views
hi,

I have the following code in a formview :
        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RcbFichierStat" runat="server" CssClass="txt" DataSourceID="OdsFichierStat" 
         AppendDataBoundItems="true" DataTextField="Nom" DataValueField="IdFichier" selectedvalue='<%#Bind("IdFichier") %>' Skin="Telerik"  
            RadComboBoxImagePosition="Right"> 
            <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" /> 
            <ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" /> 
            <Items> 
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Tous" Value="-1" /> 
            </Items> 
        </telerik:RadComboBox> 


I have the error (Message : Selection out of range Nom du paramètre : value)
 if I have the value -1 in my database
I don't understand, it must bind on the items I add on the declaration of
radcombobox.
What is the problem ??

Eric
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
1 answer
270 views
With the original RADGrid, you could do paging and scrolling in the same grid as at the following URL:

http://www.kimballmidwest.com/Catalog/MSDS.aspx

So the grid is showing 100 items in a scrollable "window" where only 20 or so are visible at one time.  Using the pager then just shows the next or previous 100 items in the grid.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="gridResults" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Height="400px" Width="99%"
    Skin="WebBlue" AllowSorting="True" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="100">

    <
ClientSettings>
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" SaveScrollPosition="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" ScrollHeight="250px"/>
    </ClientSettings>

    <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" AlwaysVisible="True"/>
</telerik:RadGrid>

I really loved the way this worked in the original grid, but can't get this to work in the Prometheus grid. 

I really don't want to use Ajax virtual scroll paging as it is jumpy and probably would not be optimal on a dial-up connection (although I haven't tested this ... so maybe not).  Anyway the original behavior seemed intuitive and I have recevied no complaints that users can figure out how to use the pager controls.

Is there anyway to get this to work this way in the new grid?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
8 answers
197 views
I just installed RadControls "Prometheus" for ASP.NET and there is no toolbar control.  Why is that?
Vassil
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
1 answer
116 views
Scheduler supports localization, but requires one to set the culture property explicitly.  Why not just take the culture off of the thread.  That way, the developer doesn't have to explicitly set it for the control everywhere the control is used.  Instead, one just sets culture on the thread during CultureInitialization page event and every control behaves as expected.

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
1 answer
188 views
Basically I have a simple grid, with the grouping and paging enabled. Nothing fancy at all. The grid is binded to a dataset on page load, again nothing spectacular. This usually works fine but on a new project the grouping and paging just does not work at all. I am using the latest prometheus grid build for ASP.NET 3.5 running on VS 2008. This is highly annoying as I have been having issues with Prometheus. I have tried this scenario with the simplest setup and the most basic data and its the same thing. Has anyone ran into this issue too?
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
8 answers
630 views
When I originally decided to move to the Prometheus build of the RadControls for ASP.NET, one of the benefits I was eager to see in action was the embedded resource feature.

Source control and build management with the previous versions was cumbersome due to several hundred small files attached to the project, i.e. editor skins & icons, images, scripts etc.

My first attempt to use the Prometheus package was quite simple - I created a calendar picker, label, and RadAjaxLoadingPanel. However, the loading panel displays a missing image, unless I copy Loading.gif into my project and reference the image url directly. Is this control's default images not embedded? If so, how do I access them? I would prefer not to fill up my images folder with telerik images, if at all possible.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
4 answers
571 views
When I put the slider into an asp.net 2.0 gridview it doesnt seem to render correctly.

Is this a known issue?
Ubong
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
2 answers
112 views
Well, just like that title says when I use RadComboBox in the filter cell the style of the control is screwed up.... have no idea why..
Here is an example screen shot:
ComboBox Style Problem

I'm adding the ComboBox at run time... I did something that is similar to the this example that comes with the controls (created a class that inherits GridTemplateColumn and overrides the required methods):
Similar Example

Anyone ran into this problem? or has an idea how to fix it?
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
3 answers
112 views
Since RadAjax Prometheus can not ajax update container controls (such as a panel), what's the best way to set up ajaxify 10 buttons inside a div using RadAjaxManager?  Each of the 10 buttons update another control on the page.  Do I have to setup AjaxSetting for each of the 10 buttons?  Also, how do I ajax an usercontrol?  In previous version, I wrap the usercontrol inside a panel and update the panel.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?