Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
208 views
Finally got the grid designer up by manually registering Telerik.web.ui.dll into the GAC (this seems to be a common problem).    Tried to create a column in the column editor.

It added this:

        <Columns> 
            <telerik.web.ui.gridboundcolumn currentfilterfunction="NoFilter"   
                datafield="cProject" filterlistoptions="VaryByDataType"   
                forceextractvalue="None" headertext="Project" uniquename="cProject"></telerik.web.ui.gridboundcolumn> 
        </Columns> 

Which causes this error:

Error 1 Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumnCollection must have items of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumn'. 'Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn' is of type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl'. E:\ProjAspNet\TaskMan\home\Default.aspx 81 

I've restarted and duplicated this problem twice.

Kinda suprised to see this level of errors.
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
4 answers
173 views
Just getting started with the Prometheus editor. Very cool - but I am having a problem with the image manager. When it opens, I see the folder I want to see. When I double-click the folder to open it, I get a javascript error. The files in the folder are not displayed.

The error (copied from Firebug):

missing ; before statement
Sys$CultureInfo$_getAbbrMonthIndex("")ScriptResource.ax... (line 5762)
$find('dialogControl_ImageManager_FileLister1').loadChildItems([[0,7,'bullet.gif...

This doesn't happen in the demos, so I must have missed some setting. Any iedas?
Dan Ehrmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Dec 2007
1 answer
176 views
I am trying to mimic the behavior of sites such as www.kayak.com with their airport selection box.  The way it works is that initially, there is nothing loaded at all in the box and only after supplying at least 3 characters does it fetch the available choices.  I have a database with over 20,000 items that I do not want to be initially loaded or paged.  So for this to work, they have to be able to input custom text in order for any text to be entered at all if the box is not filled at load.  Please advise as to the best way to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Christian
LFA
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Dec 2007
11 answers
261 views
Hello

I have a page in which I have an ASP.NET table. At run time, I populate the table with rows from a database. In these rows, I dynamically create a link button, set the link button's id to a unique value, and add the handler for the link button. In the RadAjaxAjaxManagerProxy (this is a content page), I checked the table control, and set tit to update an APS.NET panel. When I click on one of the dynamically created link button the handler event fires and does what it is supposed to do, however, the target panel shows the LoadingPanel over the panel, then all the controls in the target panel simply disappear.

Here's the kicker: If I add a STATIC linkbutton and configure it to update the target panel ,and call the exact same method, the panel's controls update just fine.

Here is kicker #2. This is the first page I tried converting to "Prometheus" I have other pages (also content pages) with the exact same design where I am using Q1 2007 RAD Controls with an RADAjaxManager, RADAjaxoadingPanel and those pages work just fine. The dynamically created linkbuttons update the target panel as they are supposed to.

So what's up with "Prometheus"??
Stoop
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Dec 2007
4 answers
186 views
Do you have any examples on how to create a custom DockToggleCommand?  I am having problems updating the state after each click.  Also, is there a way to use text instead of an image to represent the dock button?  Thanks in advance for help.
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Dec 2007
4 answers
173 views
Is there a way to tell if the a RadContextMenu is currently being shown (via client showAt, etc)?
Thanks!
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
1 answer
188 views
I'm trying to add a delete column to my RadGrid

I added the below column:

<telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="Delete" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" Text="Delete" UniqueName="AutoGeneratedDeleteColumn" ConfirmText="Do you wish to delete this article?" SortExpression="articleid"></telerik:GridButtonColumn>

and added the appropriate command to my SQLDataSource:

DeleteCommand="delete from arts where articleid=@articleid"


However I still get the error Must declare the variable '@articleid'. whenever I try to delete a column. I have used the same where 'articleid=@articleid' for the update statement of the SQLDataSource which works fine so I don't know what is going wrong.
Chris Gillies
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
1 answer
70 views
Hi,

With the advent of silverlight and particularly Telerik's support for Silverlight, I think it would be useful to be able to use the RadEditor to insert a silverlight object onto a web form.

This would be cool...

Cheers,

Matt
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
2 answers
116 views
Hi guys,

We just bought Telerik and while I was playing with it today I noticed that if I change the computer's date (went back a month) the RadMenu control -- and this is not the only one -- does not render anymore. There's a JS error 'Telerik' not defined and all I see is the plain UL LI rendering; in both IE and FF, and on other computers as well -- so it's not a browser issue.

My guess it has something to do with ScriptResource.axd as it throws some errors (Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: utcDate) when the computer's date is set back. Actually, it was this error that reminded me that I changed the date.

Any workaround to this? I need to change the date rather frequently to test how the application behaves at different points in time...

Thanks.
Peter Zolja
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
1 answer
158 views
How many columns can the scheduler show per day?

If I have 5 conference rooms I want to show on the same scheduler, can it do that?  so people can see them all on the same schedule and pick the one that is best for their meeting?

Thank you.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?