Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
329 views
Hi required field validators and RadComboBox is not working as expected.  I have a page with:

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvValidator" runat="server" ControlToValidate="rcbComboBox" Display="Dynamic" InitialValue="--Select--" ErrorMessage="Please select a value" />

And

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbComboBox" runat="server" AllowCustomText="False" />

The combo box is bound in the code behind.

However when the page is displayed the validators are shown.  They should only be shown after a selection has been made.

This worked fine in the RadControls.Net2 implementation.

Is there a known work around for this?

Thanks

Guido Tapia
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
1 answer
348 views
Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed the latest "Prometheus" build and I am trying to get the upload to work.

The local sample seems to work fine. A test page in my application does not!

I am using impersonation and have made sure the WEB user has permissions over the system temp folder (Windows\Temp) but get the following when I try to upload:

Cannot access the system temp folder. Please, make sure your application have Full Control rights on that folder or check
RadUpload 2.x help --> Using RadUpload --> Configuration --> Configuring the RadUploadHttpModule.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: Cannot access the system temp folder. Please, make sure your application have Full Control rights on that folder or check
RadUpload 2.x help --> Using RadUpload --> Configuration --> Configuring the RadUploadHttpModule.

Please Help!!

Regards,

Mark
Mark Davison
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
6 answers
356 views
asp.net 2.0
prometheus 2007.2.918.0

Hiya,

I am trying to replicate the "load on demad" behaviour of the following sample:

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/ToolTip/Examples/LoadOnDemand/DefaultCS.aspx


However, I get an intermittent error when I mouse over:

<<

Sys.webforms.pageRequestManagerParserErrorException


The message from the server could not be parsed.>>
I have disabled tracing and eventValidation, yet I still get this error.
I notice that I don't seem to get the error when I view the example on your site.

Can you help me out?
Why does my page throw this random error and yours doesn't?


Thanks,

yogi
GT
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
1 answer
116 views
Upon save the editor is stripping out a <noscript> tag. 
Is there a fix for this?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
1 answer
177 views
I use RadEditor in FormTemplate for editing and inserting values into db. Unfortunately Content of Editor remains the same as in db (while updating) and even ExtractValuesFromItem method indicates no changes in content of Editor. Inserting also doesn't work.

Where is a problem?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
8 answers
434 views
I have just installed the most recent futures build (2007.3.1205) and I'm trying to consume the client-side RowSelected event. The event fires fine, but neither parameter contains the data shown in the help and online demo. Is this feature yet fully functional? If so, what am I missing? If not, when will it be complete?
Petja
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
1 answer
213 views
When do you guys think this will be implemented along with the documentation?  I switched from the classic treeview to the Prometheus version because of client side limitations in the classic treeview and now I cannot proceed with my project because there is no Attributes available in the Prometheus version.  Any estimated time of delivery would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
4 answers
164 views
We are currently looking into buying Telerik controls for a new project that we have started.

1) Can we buy Prometheus now or use classic rad control for asp.net because Prometheus is not yet released? When will it be released?

2) I need scheduler with some custom columns and some custom content in the appointment slot. Will this be possible?

Thanks,
Piyush Bhatt
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
1 answer
320 views
I have a typical Masterpage/content page scenario.
I have the following code setup where I am executing a AjaxRequest and wish to them update the RadGrid Control.  The documentation says that when this occurs to setup the AjaxManager as the calling control.

In this case I am using a proxy so I am substituing it here instead of the master page AjaxManager.  But it doesn't appear to trigger an update of the grid.

If I hard code the MasterPage's AjaxManager control Id in then it works.  The thing that is bugging me is I should not need to know the name of the control in the master, what happens if it changes?  Is there a way to not tightly couple the controlId to the masterPage and use the proxy controlId instead?



<telerik:RadCodeBlock>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ajaxManager = $find("<%= RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(Page).ClientID %>");
ajaxManager.AjaxRequest(args);
</script>
</telerik:RadCodeBlock>

<asp:ScriptManagerProxy runat="server" ID="uxScriptManagerProxy"></asp:ScriptManagerProxy>
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="uxRadAjaxManagerProxy" runat="server">
       <AjaxSettings>
           <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="uxTasksRadGrid">
               <UpdatedControls>
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="uxTasksRadGrid" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1"/>
               </UpdatedControls>
           </telerik:AjaxSetting>

      <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="uxRadAjaxManagerProxy">
         <UpdatedControls>
            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="uxTasksRadGrid" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>
         </UpdatedControls>
      </telerik:AjaxSetting>

       </AjaxSettings>
   </telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>



(I also tried setting the ID="<%= RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(Page).ClientID %> but that didn't appear to work either)

Any help appreciated!.


Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
1 answer
69 views
If an Invisible (Visible = false) item is BEFORE a Visible item the Invisible item gets returned when the Visible item is selected.  This does not happen if the Invisible item is AFTER the Visible item.

** Yep, you need to read this slowly ;)
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?