Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
10 answers
218 views
Why on earth have you dropped support for the Category attribute of the RadTreeNode.  I have three web applications that rely heavily on this attribute to quickly identify which Category a node appears in.  The nodes can appear in multiple places in the tree and the Category attribute is perfect for identifying where it is.

You promised all Prometheus controls would be backward compatible with their predecessors!!!!  So many things have changed on this control I would have to make major changes to my applications to use the Prometheus TreeView control.
Michael Hanson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
2 answers
91 views
I want to have the list of a radcombobox in foreground over a radWindow. In radCombbox for ASP.Net you can accommpish this with attribute "ZIndex=10000" in the prometheus controls this is no more working. Any idea?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
5 answers
187 views
Hello,

I tried for quite a bit of time, but cannot seem to get context menus working in collaboration with Nodes that are populated with ServerSideCallback.

Can context menus be used with such nodes at all? Or am I simply missing something?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
2 answers
157 views
Is it possible to change width of filter textbox?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
4 answers
148 views

In your portal page sample in http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Dock/Examples/Default/DefaultCS.aspx
an error occours when dragging a dock. This only happens in Firefox with firebug installed and only if I start the dragging movement over the title.
In other words, if the mousedown movement to initiate the drag is made over the title of the dock, when I drop the dock elsewhere an error occours, but, if the mousedown is made in an empty area of the Titlebar then everything is ok.
The error message is shown below.

[Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument" nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)" location: "JS frame :: http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Prometheus/ScriptResource.axd?d=rD5r3VBiCltpZRpZoTgOhaR47Vl6WggNPnMijesWGG58iGLVJnvM7eBFdXkQBOp_0&t=633184735740000000 :: anonymous :: line 5" data: no]

lchesnais
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
1 answer
148 views
I have a situation where I assign a value to a RadNumericTextBox (prometheus).  The assignment is find.  But on the screen if I disable the input box AFTER I assign the value, the value does not show (though the text box does retain the value).  If I disable the input box BEFORE I assign the value, then the value shows.

Interestingly there is a toggle on the screen to allow the user to enable the boxes.  If they enter a value, then disable the box (somewhat equivalent to my AFTER) the values do continue to show.

The expected behaviour is that the value should be visible no matter when it is disabled.  That said, in reading in the forum, maybe I should have used the read only attribute as the more appropriate one.
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
3 answers
355 views
Greetings,

how would I got about refreshing a node in a tree that is built using LoadOnDemand? (ExpandMode set to ServerSideCallback)

The idea is to have a Node labelled 'refresh' as the first childnode of the node that is supposed to be refreshed. Like so:
-NodeToBeRefreshed
---Refresh
---ChildNode1
---ChildNode2
---ChildNode3

Clicking the Refresh Node should depopulate the 'NoteToBeRefreshed' and repopulate it.

I tried doing it server side by hooking up the click event of the node, check if it is a refresh node (which is marked as such in its value property), clear all childnodes of the parent node and then populate the parent node again.

However, two issues arise:
a. the image of all nodes that have been populated on demand beforehand vanish
c. the page is postbacked (I could live with that) and the tree is scrolled back to its top

Of course, a client side solution would be just as welcome (if not even more so).
What I came up with so far is the following:
    function OnClientNodeClicked(treeView, args) 
    { 
        var node = args.get_node(); 
        // we only refresh a node, if its value is 'refresh' 
        if(node.get_value() == "refresh" ) 
        { 
            RefreshNode(node); 
            return;             
        }        
    } 
    function RefreshNode(node) 
    { 
        // get the parent node 
        var parentNode = node.get_parent(); 
        // clear the parent node of all its child nodes 
        var tree = node.get_treeView(); 
        tree.trackChanges(); 
        parentNode.get_nodes().clear(); 
        tree.commitChanges(); 
        //  collapse the parent node 
        parentNode.collapse(); 
    } 

The missing part here, however, is how to mark the parent node as not yet expanded (so to trigger the ServerSideCallback OnExpand event), plus the client side expanding of the parent node to trigger that event.

Thanks in advance
ashalan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
3 answers
255 views
Hi

I am using the ModalPopupExtender (AjaxControlToolkit ) for appointments external edit on this event.
protected void RadScheduler1_AppointmentClick

How can it be possible to not show the scheduler standard edit?


Thanks,
Florin
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
2 answers
97 views
I have a page that I am trying to build that will allow me to dynamically add "containers" of content, each being an editor. This is something very similiar to weebly.com where using a combination of the doc control, docs will let a user build a page. My main road block is that as I create new docs I need to have each be its own editor.

Any ideas?

Another way to think of what I am trying to do is

This demo
http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Dock/Examples/DynamicDocks/DefaultCS.aspx 

But each new doc has a text box and editor in it

Thanks
John
Social_Quotient
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
5 answers
424 views
Hi,
I'm biting the bullet and converting an application that is not due to be released for a few months to Prometheus.  An issue I've run across involves FindNodeByText.  It appears I can use the statement mytree.FindNodeByText("some text"), but can't use it on subtrees For example, the following form I used a number of times in the application.  nodeLevel1.Nodes.FindNodeByText("some text").  While I can convert the application to use FindNodeByText at the tree level, the use of subtree searching was useful as there was the potential for nodes by the same name in different sublevels (the same would true of FindNodeByValue).  Have I missed something in converting that would make the construct I was using - usable?
Thanks,
Bob O'Dell
Warren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?