Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
112 views
Dear all,
    Does RadControls "Prometheus" play in other web browser as well as it does in IE? If not, what kinds of problems will have? I am not sure whether I should move my RadControls to RadControls "Prometheus". Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Mac
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
3 answers
153 views
I have to say, the latest build of Prometheous is so much better than the previous ones in Safari it isn't funny. All of the combo controls just work. It's great!

But the grid samples are all screwy. Overlapping text, weird editors etc.  You can see it on the demo site right now....
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
295 views
hi goodafternoon to telrik team

this is mohan

after modified my solution as you suggested that changen EnableAjax = false
then again i will get new error as the follwing 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.Appointment.System.Runtime.Serialization.ISerializable.GetObjectData(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context) +154
   System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter) +281
   System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter) +50
   System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck) +438
   System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck) +131


url link : http://www.gyangames.com/GolfManager/ManagerScreens/Scheduler.aspx?ManagerUserID=3&ManagerName=mohan&UserType=Manager#

thanks for your cooperation

mohansyna-g team

   System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph) +12
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.SerializeValue(SerializerBinaryWriter writer, Object value) +2849

[ArgumentException: Error serializing value 'Telerik.Web.UI.Appointment' of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.Appointment.']
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.SerializeValue(SerializerBinaryWriter writer, Object value) +3056
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Serialize(Stream outputStream, Object stateGraph) +126
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Serialize(Object stateGraph) +52
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Serialize(Object state) +4
   System.Web.UI.Util.SerializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter, Object stateGraph) +37
   System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Save() +106
   System.Web.UI.Page.SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium(Object state) +82
   System.Web.UI.Page.SaveAllState() +552
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1676
 
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
3 answers
193 views
If a postback occured (with or without radAjaxManager) the attribute "HighlightTemplatedItems=true" works not correctly. You have to open the list twice so that item in combobox will be highlighted. Any hints or is this problem solved in Q1 2008 release?

You can redo the problem with a very simple project with just a combobox bound to a SQL datasource and a label which shows the selected text after an item has been selected from list.

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
4 answers
155 views
When working with ajax more and more needs to work with javascript, not surprisingly ;)
But then I many times need to get my "application-root" as in runat=server "~/"
is there a way to get this?
Like me.application.root or something?

Not really a telerik related Q but often neede in telerik ajaxified prmotheus controls. :)
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
149 views
I am using the default toolset and while I have added a few custom controls in the code behind (C#) I would like to be able to load the snippets from an external xml file. This way snippets could be added by someone as needed without C# experience or the need to rebuild the solution. Is this possible or would I need to use a complete Toolsfile.xml for this to work

Thanks,
Dave
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
186 views
Hi All,

I have been using RadWindows for awhile, but recently decided to investigate the Prometheus version. So, I installed the tester version and while in the process of converting my old code to the new one I have a hard time getting a reference to the RadWindowManager. My solution compiles correctly in VS2008, but my front end reference to the manager is either 'null' if I use this:

var oManager = $find("<%=RadWindowManager1.ClientID%>");

or it is equal to [object][object] if I use this:

var oManager = <%=RadWindowManager1.ClientID%>;

, BUT upon further investigation this is actually a reference to the 'DIV' that represents the "<telerik:RadWindowManager"on the front end...

What am I missing ???
Peter From LA
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
2 answers
183 views
Hi

I'm using VS2008, .NET 3.5 and C#.

I use RadDatePickers inside a Prometheus RadGrid. I can successfully reference these RadDatePickers in Javascript and can perform functions like GetMinDate().

However in 

ms-help://telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q3/telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q3/cldClientSideAPI.html

there is functionality for enabling / disabling this control which isn't working for me. Basically it can't find "DateInput" and "PopupButton".

Please let me know if you require an further information.


Kind regards

Mark Eaton

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
3 answers
258 views
I am trying to attach an event handler for onpaste to the prometheus radeditor.   The  alert('client load') pops up as expected.  However, I anticipate the attached event handler for onpaste to popup alert('paste') when a user pastes. 

alert('paste') never appears to be executing.  How can I get the following code to work with the prometheus editor control?

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="ContentFilterTest.aspx.cs" Inherits="Editor_ContentFilterTest" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager id="ScriptManager" runat="server"/>   
       
    <telerik:radeditor runat="server" ID="RadEditor1" SkinID="BasicSetOfTools" StripFormattingOnPaste="NoneSupressCleanMessage" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad">
        <Content>
            <strong><br />&nbsp;Switch to Html mode to run the content filter.<br />&nbsp;You will see that the casing is changed to upper case.</strong>
        </Content>
    </telerik:radeditor>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function OnClientLoad(editor)
    {
        alert('client load');
        editor.AttachEventHandler ("onpaste", function ()
        {
            alert('paste');
            //the event is called before the paste but we need to execute after that
            window.setTimeout("cleanUpText()", 100);
        });
    }
    function cleanUpText()
    {
        var text = editor.GetHtml();
        alert('the text we have from edxitor is: ' + text);
        var clean = text.replace(/<div[^>]*>(.*?)<\/div[^>]*>/ig, "$1")
        editor.SetHtml(clean);
    }
    </script>




    </form>
</body>
</html>

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
1 answer
112 views
hi goodevening to our team
this is mohan
we are working local solution and  our server fine but while when we moved to webserver we have new problem while integrating with our another module as the following

a) Error serializing value 'Telrik.web.ui.Appointment' of type 'Telrik.web.ui.Appointment'  -- while insert / updating scheduler

b) Attempt to access the method failed -- while changing sidemenu

we are using the followong version and assembly

Telerik.Charting, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763

"

http://www.gyangames.com/GolfManager/ManagerScreens/Scheduler.aspx?ManagerUserID=3&ManagerName=mohan&UserType=Manager

here we are giving link to check once again the above said problems

please find solution to show final output to our client

thanks once again
mohan
syna-g team
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?