Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
296 views
I have replaced the radAjaxManager for ASP.Net with the one of the prometheus controls. Now the click event of a button no more fires if the button is included in the manager and a update control is defined. With the "old" radAjaxManager everything worked fine.
Any ideas?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
214 views
Please provide me with a reference for the following implementation of RadScheduler.
 
I use business objects to interact with my data.  I use FoxPro database tables as my data source.  The data tables are connected via the oledbfp data provider and custom data classes to my business objects.  I understand the examples shown for the generic data binding scenarios in the documentation,  however I find there is a  lack of a complete solution involving multiple groups (resources) in the generic binding examples. I am confused as to how to establish the relationship between the appointment list and the resource list in the generic binding mode. I would like to have multiple columns on my RadScheduler indicating the "ROOMS"    that the appointments are in. I am certain that other developers, working exclusively with business objects (ie: mere mortals mm.net framework) could benefit from your comments.
 
Thank you
 
Neil
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
2 answers
133 views
hey,I am trying to update, not really selecting resource in external window, how would I insert my UserID through C# code.  this is from external edit example, I've already searched through this example.  so hwo do you add a resource and update them through RadScheduler1.InsertAppointment(apt)?  or insert the resource seperately.  I just want my UserID to be inserted in there.

            else 
            { 
                // Insert 
                Appointment apt = new Appointment(); 
                apt.Start = aptStart; 
                apt.End = aptEnd; 
                apt.Subject = DescriptionText.Text; 
                if (Cache.Get("NewSchedule") != null) 
                { 
                 //how do I update my Resource here?  since its a string, and its keep asking me for a resource. 
                } 
                 
                RadScheduler1.InsertAppointment(apt); 
            } 
 
            ScriptPlaceholder.Text = "GetRadWindow().Close();"; 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
103 views
Is it Prometheus for ASP.NET released to the customer? What's the version? How to download?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
7 answers
212 views
I am trying to use custom images for the expand/collapse button as well as the grouping sort icon with this code in th MasterTableView:

<

ExpandCollapseColumn CollapseImageUrl="../res/ss/SingleMinus.gif" ExpandImageUrl="../res/ss/SinglePlus.gif" Visible="False" SortAscImageUrl="~/res/sortAsc.gif" SortDescImageUrl="~/res/sortDesc.gif" >

<HeaderStyle Width="19px" />

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

I also have EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" and  EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false".

It looks like, however, that the grid is always trying to use images from an embedded resource file instead of the ones I specified.

Please advise.

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
3 answers
123 views
Hi,

Since coming back from the Christmas break the radeditor lite control in MOSS 2007 no longer works.  We can enable and disable the feature and have it set to work in IE and other browsers, but MOSS ignores the setting and uses the ActiveX editor in IE and nothing in other browsers.  Nothing has changed recently except the installation of the security patch for MOSS releaded in October 2007.  I have tried restracting the solution and reploying it with no effect.

No errors appear in any of the logs.

Interestingly the radeditor web part does work, just not the replacement editor feature.

Can anyone offer any help as to how to resolve this please!?

Thanks for your help.

Rob
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
140 views
When using a custom skin the prometheus grid, the images for paging are not rendered. The image source is set to the webresource.axd?.... Should I embed the images in my DLL? This worked fine in RadGrid.

Please advise

thanks
ramesh
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
3 answers
102 views
Hello,
I am trying to reduce size of an appointment in MonthView to accommodate more than 5 of them (expanding size of all cells via 'MonthVisibleAppointmentsPerDay' doesn't look too good when there is more than 5 appts) Can somebody point me in right direction which style has to be changed ?
And also - is there a way to dynamically change  size (height)  of  single week (in MonthView)?

Thanks in advance,

Lukasz
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
114 views
I ran into an interesting situation with the prometheus controls (and it may be a MS Ajax issue).  Often when I develop a new site, I put it as a subdirectory under an existing web site for the client to view and work with before moving it a permanent home.  Typically, I might run into a few ~ issues (images and master pages) but really nothing else. When I attempted that with my first prometheus site - it would not work.  Errors like "sys not found" - telerik dll not found and a few others.  I wound up clearing out the total dev area and dedicating it to the one site and then it worked.  That works as long as I have one project at a time, but that's not always the case.  So, am I missing something easy or do I need to buy a few more domains?
Thanks,
Bob
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
102 views
I have a page where a RadAjaxPanel1, Button1, RadNumericTextBox1

button  and textbox are in radAjaxPanel.

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"> 
</asp:ScriptManager> 
        <br /> 
<radA:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" Height="200px" Width="300px"> 
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" OnClick="Button1_Click" Width="227px"> </asp:Button> 
<br /> 
 
<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="RadNumericTextBox1" runat="server"> 
</telerik:RadNumericTextBox></radA:RadAjaxPanel> 


now I don't want to see RadNumericTextBox1 when page load first time.
So I have write down visible=false in page load event.

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        RadNumericTextBox1.Visible = false; 
    } 

and when user click on the button I want to show that textbox.
using following code.

 protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        if(RadNumericTextBox1.Visible==false) 
            RadNumericTextBox1.Visible = true; 
        else 
            RadNumericTextBox1.Visible = false; 
    } 

RadNumericTextBox1 visible true/ false works but

I can not write down just numeric value but I can also write down alphabets in that RadNumericTextBox1!!!

Why?

and once i remove page_load event's line (RadNumericTextBox1.Visible = false;) It started to work perfect!!!

Why?

I am using "prometheus control Q2".

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?