Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
167 views
Hi!

We use a lot of Grids in our application, so I've created a class (that inherits from RadGrid: 

public class BaseGrid : Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid  
    {  
        protected override void OnPreRender(EventArgs e)  
        {  
            this.AllowMultiRowEdit = false;  
            this.Skin = "Telerik";  
            this.GridLines = GridLines.None;  
 
            this.MasterTableView.NoMasterRecordsText = "No records custom message!";  
 
            // Call the base class's OnLoad method!              
            base.OnPreRender(e);  
        }  
 

This helps me to reduce the time whenever the Client wants to change the appearance of all grids in the application.

The Skin property works great, I mean, if I change the skin on the base class every grid will change its appearance too.

The problem is that I'm trying to localize the grid messages the same way. But the line :

this.MasterTableView.NoMasterRecordsText = "No records custom message!";

produces no effect, since I'm getting the default "No records to display." message.

Is this the best approach to localize every message in all the grids in my application? Does anybody knows why this isn't working?

Thanks!

Fernandes
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jan 2008
2 answers
128 views
What happened to a lot of the client-side methods from 6.3 e.g. StartEdit and EndEdit ?
NEX
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
2 answers
137 views
Node editing not working when a Server Side NodeClick handler is present.

If PostBack = false for the node then it works.
NEX
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
3 answers
139 views

Just installed the prometheus editor and works great, except that the size drop down, now just shows up as S... when the contents are blank, how do I set that to a number or make it wide enough to its not just an S...?

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
178 views
I have a combobox that uses a treeview for it's item selection.  Upon selection of an item in the treeview I want to do some server side processing. At the same time, I want all this ajaxified and thus I am using RadAjaxManager.

What AjaxControlID do I put in for the AjaxManager to allow for the updates to work properly?  If I do not put anything in the AjaxManager it will work without a postback so I know that code is correct.  I tried adding in the RadComboBox1 as the AjaxControlID and that gives me a JS error of "Unknown runtime error".

Here is the code for my AjaxManager:
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager id="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">  
        <AjaxSettings>  
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadComboBox1">  
                <UpdatedControls>  
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="trActions" />  
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="trDocuments" />  
                </UpdatedControls>  
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>  
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="lbCloseDocument">  
                <UpdatedControls>  
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="trActions" />  
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="trDocuments" />  
                </UpdatedControls>  
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>  
        </AjaxSettings>  
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>  
 

Here is the code for my combobox:
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" Width="215px" Skin="Outlook">  
    <ItemTemplate>  
        <telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server" Height="200" OnNodeClick="RadTreeView1_NodeClick">  
            <Nodes>  
                <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="First Doc" Value="/files/First.pdf" />  
                <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Second Doc" Value="/files/Second.pdf" />  
                <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Third Doc" Value="/files/Third.pdf" />  
                <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Category 1">  
                    <Nodes>  
                        <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Doc 1" />  
                        <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Doc 2" />  
                        <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Doc 3" />  
                    </Nodes>  
                </telerik:RadTreeNode>  
                <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Category 2">  
                    <Nodes>  
                        <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Doc 4" />  
                        <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Doc 5" />  
                        <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="Server" Text="Doc 6" />  
                    </Nodes>  
                </telerik:RadTreeNode>  
            </Nodes>  
        </telerik:RadTreeView>  
    </ItemTemplate>  
    <Items>  
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="" />  
    </Items>  
</telerik:RadComboBox> 
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
176 views
Normally, one would not do grouping when there are no rows in the grid control.  But if you do, then the grid columns' widths fall off the page. 

Now what would be the best approach for me to handle it?  I'm using "Prometheus" on WinXP.  And below is my code...

<

table width="99%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="border-spacing:0; border:0; height:15" >

<tr style="border-spacing:0; border:0">

<td>

<csla:CslaDataSource ID="dsCollateralList" runat="server" TypeName="WVFacts.CPS.Intake"

TypeAssemblyName="WVFacts.CPS.Intake.GnrlColtrlList" OnSelectObject="dsCollateralList_SelectObject">

</csla:CslaDataSource>

<facts:FACTSGrid ID="dgrdColtrl" runat="server" DataSourceID="dsCollateralList"

GridLines="None" Height="120px" ShowGroupPanel="True" CellSpacing="0" AllowSorting="True"

OnPreRender="SelectRow" CellPadding="0" OnGroupsChanging="dgrdColtrl_GroupChange"

OnItemCommand="dgrdColtrl_ItemCommand" AutoGenerateColumns="False"

>

<clientsettings reordercolumnsonclient="True" allowcolumnhide="True"

enablepostbackonrowclick="True" allowdragtogroup="True">

<Scrolling UseStaticHeaders="True" AllowScroll="True" ScrollHeight="80px"></Scrolling>

<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />

<ClientEvents OnGridCreated="ScrollToRow" />

<Resizing AllowRowResize="True" AllowColumnResize="True" EnableRealTimeResize="True">

</Resizing>

</clientsettings>

<mastertableview datasourceid="dsCollateralList" datakeynames="CollateralId" AllowNaturalSort="true"

allowcustompaging="True" pagesize="20" AllowMultiColumnSorting="true">

<Columns>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="CollateralId" UniqueName="CollateralId"

HeaderText="Id" visible="true" HeaderStyle-Width="70">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="CollateralName" SortExpression="CollateralName" HeaderText="Name"

UniqueName="CollateralName">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="RelationDescription" SortExpression="RelationDescription"

HeaderText="Relationship" UniqueName="RelationDescription">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="FormattedHomePhone" SortExpression="FormattedHomePhone"

HeaderText="Home Phone" UniqueName="FormattedHomePhone" HeaderStyle-Width="120">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="FormattedBussinessPhone" SortExpression="FormattedBussinessPhone"

HeaderText="Business Phone" UniqueName="FormattedBussinessPhone" HeaderStyle-Width="120">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

</Columns>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="19px" />

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

<RowIndicatorColumn Resizable="True">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</RowIndicatorColumn>

</mastertableview>

<grouppanel visible="True">

</grouppanel>

</facts:FACTSGrid>

</td>

</tr>

</table>



Nikita Gourme
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
135 views
I am trying to create a calendar  (DatePicker) where only the special days are selectable.  However, I did not see a way to make days non-selectable by default.

I tried adding recurring special days for each day of the week which are non-selectable and then overlaying that with the special days that are selectable. 

This worked somewhat, but isn't stable.  When I change months some of the special days become non-selectable.  It seems to be at the mercy of the browser deciding which style gets applied last.

Do you have a suggested way of accomplishing this in Prometheus?

Thanks,
Chris Beck
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
3 answers
263 views
We have a slider in a RadWindow that is initially set to visible=false. If certain conditions are met when the RadWindow opens, the slider is set to visible=true and then it can be viewed. The first time the RadWindow opens the slider appears but the bar that it slides on is no there, which means that the slider cannot be moved at all and the value cannot be changed. If the RadWindow is closed and we open it back up through the same method, the slider shows up perfectly like it should. This only happens the first time and every time after that it works perfectly. Both the RadWindow and RadSlider are prometheus Q3 2007, and we had the same problem with Q2.

Also, even if we load the RadWindow up the first time and the slider is not visible. It will still appear correctly every time after that. We have the ReloadOnShow enabled so theoretically, it should be reloading the page from scratch each time the RadWindow opens.
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
136 views
I suppose this is an enhancement suggestion:

The special days feature of the calendar allows you to prevent the user from selecting certain days.  It would be very helpful if the textbox in the date picker were to disallow dates that are non-selectable in the child calendar.

Short of adding that feature, is there a code sample of how to query the special days client side for use in validating the text box?

Thanks,
Chris Beck
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
205 views
I would like to use the Prometheus DatePicker in a standard ASP GridView that will have about 20 rows.  However, for this application there may be many special days - possibly even 365 for some users.

If I don't think very hard and just build a datepicker with these special days and put it in the grid item template, an enormous amount of data is sent to the browser.

Is there a pattern you've developed to reuse a single calendar instance in each row of a grid?  The special days and other attributes of the calendar are identical for each row.

Thanks,
Chris Beck
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?