Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
220 views
Hi,

I've just installed prometheus to try out the new client side events, but have a problem. The windows I create are the wrong size when set in the server code behind page. The window seems to just take the width based on the icons in it's caption bar.

I've created a test page with exactly the same code and it behaves correctly. The only difference I can see is that my main app is based on a master page and therefore has a content page. The latest non-prometheus version runs fine. Does anyone else have this problem or can see if I'm doing something wrong with the Prometheus version?

===============
ASPX from main app
===============

<%

@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="TestPage.aspx.vb" Inherits="TestPage" title="Untitled Page" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<

asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphContentPlaceHolder" Runat="Server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server">

</telerik:RadWindowManager>

</

asp:Content>



=====================
Code behind from main app
=====================

Partial

Class TestPage

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Init

RadWindowManager1.Windows.Clear()

Dim rwiWindow As New Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow

rwiWindow.Width = 900

rwiWindow.VisibleOnPageLoad =

True

rwiWindow.ShowContentDuringLoad =

True

RadWindowManager1.Windows.Add(rwiWindow)

End Sub

End

Class


===============

ASPX from test app
===============

<%

@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<

head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</

head>

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server">

</telerik:RadWindowManager>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>


====================
Code Behind from test app
====================

Imports

Telerik.Web.ui

Partial

Class _Default

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Init

RadWindowManager1.Windows.Clear()

Dim rwiWindow As New Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow

rwiWindow.Width = 900

rwiWindow.VisibleOnPageLoad =

True

rwiWindow.ShowContentDuringLoad =

True

RadWindowManager1.Windows.Add(rwiWindow)

End Sub

End

Class

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
97 views
Is it possible to show properly formatted html in a radscheduler calendar cell?

I'm using the pop-up so I can use the radeditor to populate the subject - it just doesn't display correctly in the scheduler.

Thanks
WB
will Ballard
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
98 views
How to use? I can't find it on Help file.  I need old value and new value. Thank you.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
97 views
I am using Opera 9.25 and am testing the RadControls 'Prometheus' for ASPNET Q3 2007 Live Examples.
In the Splitter - Outlook integration demo I get a rendering problem
It seems like the top nested pane does not stop bu continue down superimposing itself on the bottom pane.

/Best regards, Magnus
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
2 answers
239 views
Hello,


The Quickstart Tutorials claim that RadComboBox Prometheus supports multiple columns, though after working with the control for awhile I'm noticing that this doesn't seem to mean true "multiple columns of items", but only means "I can arrange my item's layout into any kind of markup I wish, such as tables, which is how all Template features work"; so to me it's a bit misleading, because I was hoping to be able to have multiple RadComboBoxItems rendered in multiple columns (so I could define, like a ListView, multiple columns with one full item rendered in each defined column, before moving on to the next row).

Am I wrong in assuming this isn't possible (without, say, making a custom object and inserting a grid as a single combobox item)?
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
5 answers
434 views
The DataTextField property of the GridHyperLinkColumn doesn't seem to support values of nested objects such as "InnerObject1.InnerObject2.Property1".

So far I have only gotten it to work with top-level properties.

Is this a known bug?


Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
160 views
Could anyone else use a Combobox with a checkboxlist inside it?

So you click the drop down and it show a list of checkboxes. You then check as many as you need and when you move your mouse away from the drop down box it then retracts. Rather then retracting when you select one item.

Same with a Radiobuttonlist. Could Telerik add this to their toolset?
 
I know I could use this in a few places.

j
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
3 answers
201 views
I need to have a menu that is horizontal and displays three levels deep. I have followed your white paper and installed the rad menu into my moss installation and it works a treat how can i create my own data source and modify the styles/behaviour/Appearance as you would the standard menu in sharepoint designer.  i need to able to apply styles to item levels not just the group.  
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
122 views
Hi

Have some problem with Prometheus Grid on ASP.Net Multipage.
When I'm putting RadGrid inside RadMultipage and showing that page by clicking on the associated TabStrip I'm getting JavaScript error: "Object doesn't support this property or method" here:
this._owner.get_element().RadShow=function(){  
_1.OnWindowResize();  
}; 
in ScriptResource.axd file

Thanks,
Grisha
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
103 views
When programmatically adding dates to the Rad calendar using the SelectedDate.Add method, the dates added do not show up as being selected on the web page (they are not highlighted) if the date specified has a time component.  Only after moving the mouse over the date on the calendar does the date become and stay highlighted. 

I'm using Version: 2007.3 1218 Released:12/18/2007
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?