Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
146 views
Hi
     Support Team,

the example given by you is really helpful. i have query regarding the edit operation. when we double click the appointment it will take us in edit mode, now in edit mode in our example has dropdown for room and user, now my question is can i use some other control like textbox, checkbox... with different title than "room" or "user".

the other thing is can we use more than the 2 "room" and "user" in edit mode?

Thnaking you in advance
Chirag
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
2 answers
201 views

Hello,

I have the following problem, but didn't found a method or propertie to solve this.

I have a combobox that is 'filled' with databinding.
There are about +100 names that goes in the ComboBox, so when i open the list, the list is very long. (even goes out of the screen)
Is there a way to get a scrollbar in the list (like in a standard dropdownlist)?

Thanks

Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
2 answers
269 views
I have a scenario where I have a usercontrol that is initially not visible on a page. If the user selects a certain option in a combo box then the user control is shown as part of an ajax request using RadAjaxManager Prometheus. This works and the user control is dynamically displayed on the page.

However, the user control contains some javascript that is specific to the controls within the user control. That is, it uses <%= SomeControl.ClientID %> within the javascript to get references to the controls within the user control. The problem is that the javascript isn't visible after displaying the user control. When I try to call functions that are contained within the user control I get an error that it can't find the function. How do I make the functions available after showing the user control as part of a ajax request?
plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
3 answers
176 views
I am trialing the prometheus with VS2008.

I have a problem with the RadAjaxPanel - it causes Page_Load and Page.IsPostback is true ... can you help.
Also : is Viewstate for entire page being sent over (eeeek) ?
Thanks.

Default.aspx:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="testAjaxPanel._Default" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
       
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </asp:ScriptManager>
        <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" Height="200px"
            Width="300px">
            <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" OnClick="Button1_Click" />
            <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" />       
        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>


Default.aspx.cs:

using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Data;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Xml.Linq;

namespace testAjaxPanel
{
    public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (Page.IsPostBack)
            {
                TextBox1.Text += "NOOOO";
            }

        }

        protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            TextBox1.Text += "Po";
        }
    }
}

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
1 answer
166 views
I have requirement in my project to resize my tooltip according to resizing of splitter.
For that I m using OnClientBeforeShow() event , and i have used following method.

 TooltipId.set_Width(NewWidth);

But i not able to see any result of this script.This is urgent so any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
3 answers
166 views
Hello tech support,

Can the minds at telerik please provide us with a script that automatically adds the SchedulerData tables to an existing database?  For example: Northwind.  

Thank you 
Neil Gorin 
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
1 answer
271 views
Hi guys!

It's my first time using radChart.
I want to databing a line chart using a selecting event, but I don't know how to do it.

Here is my query:

var q = from f in dc.Faturas  
        where f.MesReferencia >= Convert.ToDateTime("01/01/2005")  
        && f.MesReferencia <= Convert.ToDateTime("01/05/2005")  
        group f by new 
        {  
            f.Conta.UnidadeGestora_link_Empresa.Empresa.TipoServico.NmTipoServico,  
            f.MesReferencia  
        } into g  
        orderby g.Key.NmTipoServico, g.Key.MesReferencia  
        select new 
        {  
            g.Key.NmTipoServico,  
            g.Key.MesReferencia,  
            Consumo = g.Sum(f => f.Consumo)  
        };  
 
e.Result = q;  
 

Here is the data returned from query:

 
NmTipoServico MesReferencia Consumo
Água e Esgoto 01/2005 87080
Água e Esgoto 02/2005 82731
Água e Esgoto 03/2005 94414
Água e Esgoto 04/2005 87396
Água e Esgoto 05/2005 87490
Eletricidade 01/2005 53439474
Eletricidade 02/2005 53415549
Eletricidade 03/2005 54183221
Eletricidade 04/2005 56598759
Eletricidade 05/2005 55553372
Gás 01/2005 23572
Gás 02/2005 22319
Gás 03/2005 19459
Gás 04/2005 26683
Gás 05/2005 32863
Telefonia 01/2005 2123603
Telefonia 02/2005 2111587
Telefonia 03/2005 2015812
Telefonia 04/2005 2071964
Telefonia 05/2005 2079275


Anyone can give me an example?

Thx!

Henrique
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
12 answers
222 views
When I use the MOSS Link Manager, I get a JavaScript error. I click the button and get:

Line: 90
Char: 2
Error: 'AssetPickerConfig' is undefined
Code: 0

Any reason for this?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
1 answer
167 views
I've set up a basic rad grid using an sqldatasource object. I've specified the parameters and commands to be used:

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="Data Source=MACHOINE1;Initial Catalog=myDB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=user;Password=password" 
            ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [JobCodes]" ConflictDetection="CompareAllValues"  
            DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM [JobCodes] WHERE [JobCodeId] = @original_JobCodeId"  
            InsertCommand="INSERT INTO [JobCodes] ([JobId], [CodeId], [QuantityRequired], [QuantityCompleted], [Comment]) VALUES (@JobId, @CodeId, @QuantityRequired, @QuantityCompleted, @Comment)" OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}"  
            UpdateCommand="UPDATE [JobCodes] SET [JobId] = @JobId, [CodeId] = @CodeId, [QuantityRequired] = @QuantityRequired, [QuantityCompleted] = @QuantityCompleted, [Comment] = @Comment WHERE [JobCodeId] = @original_JobCodeId AND [JobId] = @original_JobId AND [CodeId] = @original_CodeId AND [QuantityRequired] = @original_QuantityRequired AND [QuantityCompleted] = @original_QuantityCompleted AND [Comment] = @original_Comment"> 
            <DeleteParameters> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="original_JobCodeId" Type="Int32" /> 
            </DeleteParameters> 
            <UpdateParameters> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="JobId" Type="Int32" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="CodeId" Type="Int32" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="QuantityRequired" Type="Decimal" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="QuantityCompleted" Type="Decimal" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="Comment" Type="String" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="original_JobCodeId" Type="Int32" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="original_JobId" Type="Int32" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="original_CodeId" Type="Int32" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="original_QuantityRequired" Type="Decimal" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="original_QuantityCompleted" Type="Decimal" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="original_Comment" Type="String" /> 
            </UpdateParameters> 
            <InsertParameters> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="JobId" Type="Int32" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="CodeId" Type="Int32" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="QuantityRequired" Type="Decimal" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="QuantityCompleted" Type="Decimal" /> 
                <asp:Parameter Name="Comment" Type="String" /> 
            </InsertParameters> 
        </asp:SqlDataSource> 

I've got both the insert and delete commands working correctly. The problem is with the edit.

When ever I try to save one of the rows i edit i get an sql exception of:

"The data types text and nvarchar are incompatible in the equal to operator".

The comment field is set to be of type text in the database. I googled and found some suggestions on trying to set the db type to be nvarchar(MAX) but this didnt help.

If anyone could tell me how to get this working, it would be much appreciated



EmpowerIT
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
1 answer
95 views
We have to create a new field type and for text input we add the RadEditor.

Now we had to add the .Net RadEditor control in the .ascx because we haven't field to assiocied with the MOSSRadEditor.

As a result, the Image Manager can't map the SharePoint lists and can't be full integred.

Is there a solution to makes the .Net RadEditor with SharePoint List or allow to add the MOSS control in the ascx without having to associate it with a field ?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?