Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
125 views
I load a page with a Checkbox and a RadEditor in it to a modal RadWindow .
The height of the RadEditor is smaller than 180px (in toolbar.xml are the modules deactivated).
The initial layout looks as intended.
But when clicking the checkbox, the height of the Editor changes in Firefox to 180px.
This behavior don't occur when calling this page not in a RadWindow.
Is there a workaround until fixing this problem?
Thanks.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jan 2008
1 answer
84 views
I found this when trying to change to the new Prometheus controls in my web app. I have a page with a multiview and several views with databound controls. Which view I display is dependent upon the current app state.

The typical ASP.NET behavior is that a given control does not bind until it's view is displayed on the page. This is how the previous RadAJAX version worked as well. The Prometheus version is causing all controls in all views to databind upon the first page load.

To reproduce this:
Create a page with a multiview and two views. In each view add a control and bind it to a datasource control. Set the 1st view as the default so it displays when the app loads. Set up an event handler for the 2nd view datasource's "selecting" event. You will notice that it does not fire when the 1st view is displayed. Now, wrap the multiview in a Prometheus AJAX control and rerun the application. You will see that the "selecting" event of view 2 is fired even though the view has not been changed.

I hope this makes sense. Am I overlooking something?

Thanks!
John
Pyron Technologies
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jan 2008
1 answer
338 views
I've seen some posts from the past that seem to suggest that the RadEditor spell check is coming soon. The documentation includes info on how to enable it. When I enable the button on the toolbar, I get a "The command SpellCheck is not implemented yet." message.

So, just to confirm, the RadEditor spell check is for sure not yet implemented? If so, any idea how soon that's coming?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jan 2008
1 answer
284 views
Simple task - I have a grid that exposes checkboxes and on a button click (postback to the server) I would like to run a foreach loop to find out which rows were selected and then grab column values within those rows.  I get the idea of the UniqueName but I'm just struggling a little bit on the exact syntax of the iteration.

Here is my Grid:

 <telerik:RadGrid ID="rdgrdDistricts" AllowMultiRowSelection="true" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" 

                                 DataSourceID="Districts" GridLines="None" Skin="Web20" Width="400px">

                   <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="false" DataSourceID="Districts">

                        <AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="WhiteSmoke" />

                        <Columns>

                            <telerik:GridClientSelectColumn UniqueName="Export" HeaderText="Export" />

                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="DistrictId" DataField="DistrictId" Visible="False" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" />

                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="DistrictName" DataField="DistrictName" HeaderText="District" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" />

                        </Columns>

                    </MasterTableView>

                    <ClientSettings>

                        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />

                        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="false"  />

                    </ClientSettings>

                </telerik:RadGrid>


Thanks!

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Jan 2008
2 answers
159 views
Hi,
I have a radgrid that has a GridDateTime column in it. If I enable ajax on the grid using the RadAjaxManager, the styles for the date and time pickers dont seem to load correctly. Once i disable the ajax they appear correctly.

Any ideas?


EmpowerIT
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
4 answers
116 views
Hello,

I have a menu that is opening different windows, or opening pages in a targeted RadPane.
Both of this worked ok in the standard RadControl menu.

But now when i set a window opener like this:

wndMessages.OpenerElementID = RadMenu1.Items(0).Items(0).ClientID

The window is not opened, but instead the menu gives a full postback.
 Is there something changed here?

Thanks
Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
1 answer
176 views
I've just decided to rollback my "upgrade" to Prometheus after having a hell of a time getting the new controls going.

A couple of reasons:
1. (Major reason) Client-side performance is extremely, extremely slow. This appears to be due to the fact that about 20 javascript resource files are loaded, which completely bog down my PC - CPU up to around 80-90%
2. "Category" attribute has been removed from TreeView control. In theory it's replacement, "Attributes" should be a nice feature, but alas, when I use it I get an "Out of stack space" error (probably also related to point #1) - this is a nasty error!

Just posting this as a warning to other developers who, like me, decide to implement the latest version (Prometheus) early on in the development lifecycle. Back to the "old" versions, which seem to work quite nicely (albeit with bugs).

Cheers,
Daron
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
2 answers
179 views
Hi..

I want to allow users to move to appointment edit by using simple LinkButton in AppointmentTemplate. I tried looking on javascript behind doubleclick on scheduler cell but its too complicated. Is easy way to create such button? Or is possible to simulate double click on appointment when users click on label?

Regards
possible
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
1 answer
193 views
I posted a while back... 1 or 2 years ago and wanted to know if Telerik was going to develope a List Transfer control like this one:
http://www.fluentconsulting.com/components/Fluent.ListTransfer/DemoListTransfer.aspx

I use this all the time and find it to be very helpful although I would like to stick with one control set and not mix and match. So i am hoping telerik gets this in one of their releases.

Thanks for the great job Telerik Developers.

jason
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
1 answer
404 views
I am trying to get the prometheus controls working in Visual Studio web developer and they are constantly giving me an error:  For every control on the page (telerik controls) with the exception of the RadAjaxPanel I am getting the following errors:

Error    1    Element 'RadTreeView' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.  

Error    2    Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'nodes' is not supported.  


and so on down the list of controls.  I am using a chart, grid and tree on this page.  None of which make it through the debugger (although they all work correctly)

I have the following references in my pages (asp.net with c# codebehind).
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Charting" Assembly="Telerik.Charting" %>

using Telerik.Web.UI;
using Telerik.Charting;

Any help would be appreciated I can't seem to figure out why this isn't working (well it is working but it's blowing up VS)  Thanks in advance.

~David






Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?