Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
99 views
In an image manager we put as imagepaths :

<property name="ImagesPaths">
    <item>SiteCollectionImages</item>
    <item>PublishingImages</item>
</property>

Is that possible to add a PublishingImages from a sub site, with a new item or with the navigator in the Image Manager ?

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
2 answers
214 views
We're RadEditor lite on our MOSS install at the moment.

I've discovered an issue with any master page I create that implements the RadEditor control for the page content.

In IE 6 (doesn't happen in IE 7 nor Firefox), if I go to a page to edit it, and then go to MODIFY SHARED WEB PART on any instance of the RadEditor, and then click any NON-postback link (such a link in the breadcrumbs), I get a pop up error window in IE stating:

Line: 88
Char: 9
Error: The download of the specified resource has failed
Code: 0
URL: [the page I'm on]

In the generated source, line 88 falls in the default postback script:

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript fixed_bound="true">
<!--
var theForm = document.forms['aspnetForm'];
if (!theForm) {
    theForm = document.aspnetForm;
}
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
    if (!theForm.onsubmit || (theForm.onsubmit() != false)) {
        theForm.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget;
        theForm.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
        theForm.submit();
    }
}
// -->

This is an issue for me as I am dynamically creating a link on the editable page that it a javascript toggle. What happens is that the first time they click this, they get the error, ahve to hit OK and then it works fine.

I've completely wiped out my own javascript and worked from a clean copy of a masterpage and page layout template and still get this error as soon as I go to edit a RadEditor instance.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?


darrel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
3 answers
146 views
I'm trying to set the height of the editor (version: 4.4.1.0), but my settings don't seem to take.  Is there a bug?  All the other properties, including width, seem to be working just fine.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
218 views
Hi,

We have a custom image upload control to insert images into the editor. The control is launched by the user clicking the image icon on the Prometheus Rad editor toolbar.

The issue we are running into with Internet Explorer is that the image is always inserted at the beginning of the editor content. The expected behavior is for the image to be inserted at the cursor location prior to the user clicking the image insert button on the Rad editor toolbar. Please note that this works as expected in Firefox and the image is inserted at the current cursor position.

We are inserting the image html via a callback function after calling a web service. Below is the callback function that does the image insert: 

        function OnWSRequestComplete(results)
        {
            // Clean up session variable
            var b = '<%= Context.Session["SessionID"] = 
            Session.SessionID %>';

            var editor = $find('ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentArea_SectionContentEditor_SectionEditor'); //get a reference to the editor

            editor.pasteHtml(results[1]);

            HideUploadControl('SectionUploadControlWindow');
        }

Please advise as to what we need to do to make sure the image is inserted at the current cursor position in IE as well.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
3 answers
192 views
Hello,

I've been looking at a trial version of the Prometheus RadEditor and am rather impressed by its functionality. It seems to do everything my company requires.

However, I've run into a strange problem with the createRestorePoint-method.When used in a table, it jumps to the next cell.

To recreate the problem, create a button that does the following (replace the editor-id obviously :-) ):
{
restorePoint = $find('<%=RadEditor.ClientID%>').createRestorePoint();
restorePoint.select();
}

When this code is fired when the cursor is in a table cell, the cursor moves to the next cell!

I have noticed that your tables always contain a non-breaking space character (&nbsp;) in every empty cell. When the cursor is on the right side of this character it moves to the next cell, when on the left, it stays where it is. Very strange... The problem is not limited to these empty cells, though.

Also, when this code is used outside a table, the cursor will often jump two lines down.

Any idea what causes this behavior?

Oh, and one more question: Any way to disable the resize-functionality of the editor-window?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
TJ
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
173 views
Hello,
As instructed (please reference this post http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bbddmm.aspx) I am attempting to use the RadGrid from Prometheus however it seems there is a bug in it with heirarchal grids. I have added the Prometheus Grid to my page (and removed the old ASP .NET one and the references to those controls) and I get an error when attempting to add columns to my DetailTable. If I select my grid, expand MasterTableView in the properties, click on the DetailTables collection, click the Add button, click on the Columns collection (in misc), then click the Add button I get the message "Cannot create an instance of Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumn because it is an abstract class." If I am doing something wrong please let me know.

I also tried bypassing the GUI and converting my old RadGrid code to Prometheus by simply changing the prefix of everything from radG to telerik however then when I try to load the page I get an error message of "Destination array is not long enough to copy all the items in the collection. Check array index and length."

I have included my Prometheus Grid code below in case I have done something wrong, however please be aware that all this code was generated through GUI options /selections (not hand made). I realize this is not a hierarchal grid in the code below, because I can't make one because of errors in the GUI.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgCurrentOrders" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" GridLines="None" PageSize="20" Skin="Telerik">
    <ExportSettings>
        <Pdf FontType="Subset" PaperSize="Letter" />
        <Excel Format="Html" />
    </ExportSettings>
    <ClientSettings>
        <ClientEvents OnRowClick="RowClicked" OnRowMouseOver="RowMouseOver" />
    </ClientSettings>
    <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" Font-Size="10pt" PageButtonCount="20" />
    <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="None" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst"
        Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto">
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="order_id" HeaderText="Seq #" UniqueName="order_id" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="cust_facility" HeaderText="Facility" UniqueName="cust_facility" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="address_description" HeaderText="Company" UniqueName="address_description" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="company_name" HeaderText="Company" UniqueName="company_name" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="date_entered" HeaderText="Date Entered" UniqueName="date_entered" DataFormatString="{0:d}" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="work_order_number" HeaderText="WO #" UniqueName="work_order_number" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="equipment_number" HeaderText="Asset Id" UniqueName="equipment_number" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="requestor_name" HeaderText="Requestor" UniqueName="requestor_name" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        </Columns>
        <EditFormSettings>
            <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType">
            </EditColumn>
        </EditFormSettings>
        <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"
            Resizable="False" Visible="False">
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
        </ExpandCollapseColumn>
        <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"
            Visible="False">
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
        </RowIndicatorColumn>
    </MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
2 answers
237 views
Hi there,
The page I'm currently building loads a Prometheus Window with content from an external domain, on which there is a button (over which I have no control) which calls window.close when clicked.

I realise this doesn't close the Prometheus Window, but is there any way to hook the window.close event, and make it call the necessary commands to close the window.

Also, is there a way to detect the window closing event, as I need to redirect the page once this window is closed.

Thanks very much for any information!
James Simm


Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
2 answers
133 views
When I click on "edit" of a row I want to close the edit form automatically if it is visible to create a new record. How is this possible?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
2 answers
174 views
I want to call the InitInsert command by code so that I can add a new record in grid without pressing the corrosponed button manually. How can I do that?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
135 views
I just upgraded to Q3 and see that that Vista skin is now giving me a problem.  On pages where I am NOT using the XHTML doctype, the title bar is much larger in height.  The problem is that only the center portion is higher and the curved edge portions on the left and right are the normal size, making it look pretty bad.

Is there an easy fix so it will work well in both XHTML and Non-XHTML doctypes?  I know things will not look exactly the same in both doctypes, but I'm trying to at least make it look "good" in both.

Thanks,
Chris
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?