Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
263 views
Hi..

I have a problem with below code:

            cbU.DataSource = UsersManager.Controller.GetUsers(Common.PortalId());
            cbU.DataValueField = "UserID";
            cbU.DataTextField = "DisplayName";
            cbU.DataBind();

            cbU.Items.Add(new Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxItem("-", String.Empty));
            cbU.SelectedValue = String.Empty;

After running it in ComboBox still selected is first element not the one with empty value. I have tried the latest hotfix but this doesnt help.
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
131 views
I'm working on a solution where I have a RadTree control that's used as menu/navigation, and when a user clicks on a node, it loads a page in my project into a RadPane.  I use the NavigateUrl and Target settings on my RadTree to direct the PadPane to load content.

In some cases, actions on my content page within the RadPane should change the main page by adding or removing RadTree nodes.

Is there any way to access the content on my main page, from content that's running within a RadPane window?  They are two separate aspx pages, of course.

thanks,

Chris

p.s. I've seen the javascript client-based method; anything server-side?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
153 views
Hi there,

Today I installed the Q3 versions of the ASP.NET Rad and Promotheus controls to resolve an issue with the calendar that would jump from February to March.
Ever since, I am experiencing SSL errors on postback:

This page contains both secure and nonsecure items

I can't see what resource is causing the exception, but since the images all look fine, I assume it's a JavaScript or CSS file.

My questions on this issue are:

1. Is this a known Telerik issue? I found some other references in this forum, but none helped so far.
2. Is there a work around or solution? I tried a <base href> pointing to the SSL site, but to no avail.
3. Is there a way to find out what resource exactly caused this warning?

I can't send in a reproducible website, as the site is quite large and uses many Telerik controls. However, you can see for yourself on the live server:

1. Goto  http://www.flightengine.com
2. Enter AAR in the From box and AMS in To
3. Choose 2/20/2008 as the departure date.
4. Click Search

You should see the available flights appear

5. Use the slider in the left bar to limit the price or flight duration.

Shortly after the postback the security exception occurs.

Any ideas are more than welcome.

Kind regards,

Imar Spaanjaars

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
187 views
Hi,

I just had a few pages working with the Q2 non-Prometheus controls. Since there are new controls, I figured I'd make the jump to Prometheus. Here's the problem I get: there are grids inside of splitter/pane controls. The splitter/panes are all recognized, as is the first radGrid. The rest of the radGrids cause this error:

Error 167 Element 'RadGrid' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.

Even if I drop a brand new grid on the page, it gives me the same error. Why is this happening?

Thanks!

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
131 views
Good afternoon,

I am working with the Prometheus RadGrid and have noticed some issues.  First of all the sorting in conjunction with pagination is not working at all.  If I have sorted a column then try to move to another page the data does not update at all.  The page status on the bottom of the grid updates, however I am still being shown the same page of data.

Could it be a symptom of .NET 3.5 that I am using?  Seems like this is a fairly urgent issue.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
5 answers
646 views
It seems that the RadGrid has a problem with using a Width of 100% when placed inside a table. It used to work in RadControls ASP.NET. Here is a sample that shows the top of the browser using a 100% width grid in a <TABLE>, and the bottom of the browser shows a 100% width grid without a table. The bottom one sizes correctly when the browser is resized. When first loaded it appears OK, but when resized the right side of the grid continues to move to the right off the page. I am using XP SP 2 w/ IE 7 latest service packs. Note that I am simply binding to the nwind database.

<%

@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="test.aspx.cs" Inherits="test" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<

head id="Head1" runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

<style type="text/css">

html, body, form { width:100%; height:100%; overflow:hidden; margin:0; padding:0}

</style>

</

head>

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<

asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>

<

table width="100%" height="50%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<

tr width="100%" height="100%"><td width="100%" height="100%">

<

telerik:RadGrid

ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1"

GridLines="None" Skin="Office2007" Height="100%" Width="100%">

<MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed" />

<ClientSettings>

<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" />

</ClientSettings>

</

telerik:RadGrid>

</

td></tr></table>

<

telerik:RadGrid

ID="RadGrid2" runat="server" DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1"

GridLines="None" Skin="Office2007" Height="50%" Width="100%">

<MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed" />

<ClientSettings>

<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" />

</ClientSettings>

</

telerik:RadGrid>

 

<asp:AccessDataSource ID="AccessDataSource1" DataFile="~/App_Data/Nwind.mdb"

SelectCommand="SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName, ContactName, ContactTitle, Address, PostalCode FROM Customers"

runat="server" />

</form>

</

body>

</

html>

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
4 answers
199 views

I have created a scheduler which binds to list , it works fine. when I created recurrence event, its not working (I did not find a RecurrenceRule sample Example ) .I create a sample example and binding the data but its not working .......can u please provida a sample to bind a recurrence Rule with list ( with scheduler )

Thanks and regards
Nagireddy T

 

nagi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
3 answers
332 views
I'm hoping that someone can help me. I have a Pie chart which looks great! only problem is, if I choose the value as the label, Both the legend and the labels on the pie pieces show the same value. If I show the item names as labels, same thing. It seems the legend can only reference the pie series items labels. I need some way for the legend to show the pie series items values while the label on the pie pieces show the item name, or vice-versa, I'm not overly picky on the direction. This is my codebehind now:

    protected void FormatChart2()
    {
        RadChart2.Skin = "Vista";
        RadChart2.IntelligentLabelsEnabled = true;
        RadChart2.Legend.Visible = true;
        RadChart2.Series.Clear();
        ChartSeries series = new ChartSeries();
        series.DataYColumn = "EventCount";
        //series.DataXColumn = "EventTypes";
        series.Name = "Incidents Entered";
        series.DefaultLabelValue = "#%";
        series.DataLabelsColumn = "EventTypes";
        series.Appearance.ShowLabels = true;
        series.Appearance.ShowLabelConnectors = true;
        series.Appearance.LegendDisplayMode = ChartSeriesLegendDisplayMode.ItemLabels;
        series.Type = ChartSeriesType.Pie;
        RadChart2.Series.Add(series);
        RadChart2.Appearance.ImageQuality = Telerik.Charting.Styles.ImageQuality.AntiAlias;
        RadChart2.ChartTitle.TextBlock.Text = "Incidents By Type for " + txtMonth.Text + "/" + txtYear.Text;
    }

How can I set it so the legend shows 'EventTypes' while thet pie pieces show 'EventCount' or vice-versa. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Jeff Lester
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
4 answers
206 views
I want to set splitter to be fullscreen in browser. I have follow the instruction in help file. It is rendered correctly in IE and Firefox in the single page. However, when i moved splitter into masterpage, it won't work in Firefox, IE is OK.

I am using Q3 (Build 2007.3.1218.35) in Visual Studio 2008 Express and tested using IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.11 in Windows XP.

Any help is appreciated.
icebits
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
5 answers
373 views

Hello,

I’d like to add some buttons to RAD Editor lite.

Specifically, a symbols table, horizontal rule, and a media button.

I’m having trouble loading the scripts in the example provided on the website.

I’m unsure how to debug this so I ask of you to tell me if this is a limitation on your side or mine.

Thanks.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?