Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
258 views
In my grids, the expansion state of groups is not persisted across postbacks.  After the postback, all groups are either expanded or collapsed based on the GroupsDefaultExpanded property.

If all the groups are collapsed by default, for instance, and the user expands two of them, and then goes to do something like a sort, I would like to have those two groups expanded after the postback. 

I'm sure I can work this out myself by keeping track of each group and then handling them in ItemDataBound.  However, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing a setting somewhere that automatically does this. 

Also, if there is no setting, is this behavior intended or is it a bug?  If it is a bug, I may wait for the fix to come out rather than take the time to handle it myself (it seems similar to the issue where scroll position is not persisted which I think has been identified as a bug).
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
3 answers
146 views
I am using RadDatePicker in my application.

It is working fine until I have to set up visible = false.

I only display RadDatePicker when user clicks a button. But, RadDatePicker does not pick up the skin when I set visible = true.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
3 answers
163 views
We are using QTP (Quick Test Pro) for automated testing of our web pages. But our testers are having problems scripting tests for the RadComboBox control.

QTP works by loading a web page in Internet Explorer and populating fields with variables to perform validation tests and such like.

Do you know if it is possible to populate a RadComboBox in this way? Is there a hidden field that can be set to simulate the SelectedValue?


Thanks
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
7 answers
321 views
Hi,

I cannot get the RadMenu to align right in a table cell for the life of me. I can get it to stretch, half disappear, entirely disappear, appear outside of the table, etc.

Any way to do this?

Also, why does the 'blue dotted line-with blue box' when i select the menu in the table cell in the designer appear all the way on the left of the page? What possible use does this blue stuff have anyway?

Also #2, why does the entire RadMenu sometimes completely disappear when i click it? It's there, just WAAAAY outside of the screen. This seems to be related to the 'blue stuff' mentioned above, click any part of the blue stuff and *poof* the RadMenu moves into oblivion somewhere far away (that's what it seems to do anyway).

I should note, the RadMenu aligns to the right of the table cell just fine when i first plop it onto the page, the alignment resets to the left of the table cell (and the blue stuff appearing all the way on the left of the screen) the moment i stick a root menu in it.

Ok, screen shot time!

The steps taken, plus an extra.

The table html after 'Step 5'

Note on the second screen shot the horrendous mutilation of my HTML! Think you guys forgot to do some indenting here and there :) That is how a Prometheus RadMenu shows up by default, animation and defaultgroupsettings without proper indentation.

Further observations:
  • The placing of the funky blue stuff changes randomly when you resize the VS2008 Window, the designer dock window, etc.
  • The appearing and disappearing of the funky blue stuff has nothing to do with the 'text-align' i added. If that's already in the <td>, it won't appear, however, REMOVE it, and *poof* there is the funky blue stuff. It does it pretty much any time you change anything really.
  • Click/Drag/etc the funky blue box and *poof* the RadMenu 'disappears' to an entirely different location on the page, usually waaaay out to the right somewhere, well off screen.
So, to summarize, it seems that RadMenu has some decently sized issues, to say the least..

I am using the latest Prometheus 'hotfix'.

Thanks,

Mike
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
4 answers
172 views
Is it possible to use or call the link manager in custom sharepoint control like the "sharepoint asset url selector" ?

Here is a example für "sharepoint asset url selector":
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.publishing.webcontrols.asseturlselector.aspx

Is there an example for the "link manager" from telerik?


Many Thanks
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
1 answer
132 views
Is it possible to show the value of the ListTextField when grouping by a GridDropDownColumn?

The grouping and sorting work great by default, except that when grouping, the group section headers show the value of the DataField property of the main data source instead of the text value of the drop-down's data source.

I couldn't find a way to do this with the GroupByExpressions either.

Every time I try using dot notation to access the property of the list's data source item, I get an error that the multi-part name could not be found.

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
1 answer
102 views
Is there a way to get the sortedbackcolor to only apply to the headler cell and not to all the rows in the grid?  I can't seem to find how to do this.

Thanks

John
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
3 answers
141 views
we seem to have an issue sorting grid columns...this grid has a a GridClientSelectColumn and some bound columns... now if i have paging disabled...and i attempt to sort the column it ends up sorting the column before the one i am sorting...
any other clicking to sort the columns sorts correctly...

Hopefully this makes sense.


Joshua
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
1 answer
173 views
Hi,

We are using the Prometheus grid and noticed that the headers will not scroll in alignment with the columns when there is no vertical scrollbar. If there are more rows then can be displayed and the vertical scrollbar is visible then everything works as exptected. Here are our settings.
 
Thanks,

Dave

<ClientSettings>
    <Scrolling UseStaticHeaders="true" AllowScroll="true" />
    <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" EnableDragToSelectRows="false" />
    <Resizing AllowColumnResize="true" />
</ClientSettings>

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
1 answer
96 views
I have put log4net messages in my BeginRequest & application_error events. I get following messages in BeginRequest and Error events. And this occurs in a page that uses RadAjaxPanel, LoadingPanel, 3 RadGrids in separate user controls, RadWindows - all that. Can't seem to figure out what is the cause - and project is such a large set of code now, that I can not send you it either.

Thanks,
Piyush Bhatt.

01/31 10:59:07, 4, Global,[Application_BeginRequest],BeginRequest::http://localhost:1126/SimplicityWeb/cation.add_init(function() {    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxPanel
01/31 10:59:07, 4, Global,[Application_Error],Application_Error
System.Web.HttpException: File does not exist.
   at System.Web.StaticFileHandler.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?