Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
131 views

The set_Text(str) on tooltip only works before created. I had to write the code like this:

var temp = toolTip.get_contentElement();

if (temp)
 
temp.innerText = tip;
else
 
toolTip.set_Text(tip);

I would suggest that toolTip.set_Text works after content is created.

Thank you.

Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
219 views
I want to display a list of items in a grid cell.  So I have set up a GridTemplateColumn in which I'd like to have an asp:Repeater which in turn would have an ItemTemplate with a Literal or Label for the items to be listed.

For this to work I'll need to set up the datasource for the repeater on each grid row.  I expect that I need to handle an event whenever a row is being added to the grid and set the datasource but don't know how to do that. 

I have no idea how to access the gridtemplateitem programatically to do that nor how to hook into the appropriate grid row event.

Can someone help?
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
290 views
When setting the DataField for a GridBoundColumn using dot notation, the column properly shows the value of the field on the child object.

If use the very same property on a GridHyperLinkColumn in the DataNavigateUrlFields, it doesn't work.

For example, this works:
<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ChildObject.Property" SortExpression="ChildObject.Property"> 
</telerik:GridBoundColumn> 

but this doesn't:
<telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlFields="ChildObject.Property" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="page.aspx?value={0}" Text="Text"> 
</telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn> 

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a declarative work around?
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
2 answers
177 views
I'm brand new to Telerik...converting over from ComponentArt due to the serious memory leak issues they have with their controls.

I'm trying to create a custom skin for my menu and I cannot seem to figure out the skinning directory structure works.

I'm using VS2008 Express for design. Under my website, I created the folders /RadControls/Menu/Skins/sc_Menu and copied the Default skin files into this folder. I modified the styles.css file and changed _Default to _scMenu with a replace command. Then I added Skin="scMenu" to my RadMenu tag.

Shouldn't this work? Am I missing a step? I had to create the entire folder structure since /RadControls was not added to my application when I dropped the RadMenu on there. Was it supposed to be?

The error I get is "unable to find embedded skin with the name 'scMenu'
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
158 views
I want to create RadCombobox in Toolbar on Editor for set font size all text in editor but I don't know to create .
Help me please
pum
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
154 views
Could any one provide me an example how to display HTML from Radeditor to another RadWindow. I had a Preview button, when click the button, Radwindow will popup and display current html content in Radeditor.

Thank you
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
2 answers
221 views
Hi,

I am wondering what is Prometheus Roadmap in the future?  When does it include TabStrip, Panelbar,...etc?

Chris
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
3 answers
93 views

Protected Sub RadGrid1_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ItemCreated  
        If (TypeOf e.Item Is GridEditItem) Then  
            Dim item As GridDataItem = CType(e.Item, GridEditItem)  
            Dim intUniqueID As Integer = e.Item.OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues(e.Item.ItemIndex)("ID")  
            Dim linkButton As LinkButton = CType(item("EditColumn").Controls(0), LinkButton)  
            Dim a As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor = New HtmlAnchor  
            Dim js As StringString = String.Format("return ShowEditForm('{0}');", intUniqueID)  
            a.InnerHtml = linkButton.Text  
            a.Attributes("href") = ""  
            a.Attributes("onclick") = js  
            item("EditColumn").Controls.Remove(linkButton)  
            item("EditColumn").Controls.Add(a)  
        End If  
    End Sub 
Hopefully a really simple question.  I am trying to implement the above in Prometheus Grid but it objects to the line 
If (TypeOf e.Item Is GridEditItem) Then  
saying e.item cannot be of type GridEditItem.

What's the equivilant in Prometheus Grid?

David Penny
David Penny
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Feb 2008
0 answers
110 views
Hello,
Is there some articles about caching of loaded content on client.
For example if I have 3 tabs and I  load content of these tabs through ajax.
I don;t want to load it each time but just first time and than each time tab is clicked to retrieve content client side.

I have some ideas but would like to know if there is some built-in feature.

Thanks
Andrej
andrej
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Feb 2008
0 answers
73 views
I have a need to customize the access to the custom dictionaries that the Prometheus RadEditor uses (I need to store the words in a database).

I see that the stand-alone spell checker has the ability to use a ICustomDictionarySource to control how the custom words are loaded.  Does the spell checker that is built into Prometheus RadEditor have this functionality?  If not, does it have some other method of using a database to store custom words?
Wesley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?