Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
132 views

I have a problem with my radTreeView with sharepoint. I would like to put an event on the click of the treeview.

I tried to put in my aspx code :

<script runat="server">

protected void RadTreeView1_NodeClick(object o, RadTreeNodeEventArgs e)

{

Label1.Text = TreeView1.SelectedNode.Value.ToString();

}

</script>

(I put AutoEventWireup="true" )

but when i click on an item of my treeview, my application doesn't execute this function.

I tried also to put the function

protected void TreeView1_SelectedNodeChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Label1.Text = TreeView1.SelectedNode.Value.ToString();

}

in my aspx.cs code and I also put :

protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)

{

InitializeComponent();

base.OnInit(e);

}

private void InitializeComponent()

{

this.RadTreeView1.NodeClick += new Telerik.WebControls.RadTreeView.RadTreeViewEventHandler(this.RadTreeView1_NodeClick);

}

But when I execute my application this function doesn't work, it's not executed.

In the both cases, when I click, my application is redirected to the URL of the node. I would like the function TreeView1_SelectedNodeChanged is executed before the redirection.

Thank you for your help

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
107 views
Sorry for the double post! Fat finger. :-(

Is it possible to display one context menu (items a, b, c...) when you click on a node and a different context menu (items x, y, z...) when you click over the empty area of the tree (outside of any nodes)?
Thanks!
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
183 views
I'm trying make a SplitBar grow when collapsed and shrink when expanded to make it more visable when collapsed; is there a Javascript method I can use to modify the SplitBarSize property of the Splitter? Is there a better approach?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
3 answers
228 views
What is the best way to pass values back and forth to onAjax update when using a ToolTipManager?  For example, in this sample : http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/ToolTip/Examples/LoadOnDemand/DefaultCS.aspx the product data is loaded from what I can see as the index of the repeater/grid which might work for this example, but really wouldnt work for a real-world example.

In my last task, the requirements were similar to the above, and I had a hidden field that I would update with the ProductID on click which woudl then be retrieved in the onAjaxUpdate event of the ToolTipManager.  It doesnt strike me as the best solution, but it does work.

Question:  in the AjaxUpdate event, we can get the targetControlID which is the clientID but can get an actual reference to the control somehow?  My initial thoughts are to have the productID databound in each image button as the CommandArguement, so I would like to get a reference to the Image Button that triggered the window opening, grab the command arguement and populate the tooltip with the Usercontrol as per the sample.

Any insight on how best to pass values or get references to controls inside the grids would be appreciated.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
173 views
Is it possible to use the Prometheus Editor with the RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax?  I wanted to test out the Prometheus Editor to see what changes were made.  But when I have the Editor and an ASP button inside of a non Prometheus Ajax Panel, and on the postback of the button I receive a javascript error.  Error:  Sys.InvalidOperationException:Component'.....RadEditordialogOpener' was not found.

If I take the editor and the button out of the AjaxPanel it works, or if I move it into a Prometheus AjaxPanel.  But I'm not sure I want to move it to the Prometheus Ajax Panel, because it's only a few pages of the site that use the Editor.  Is there a workaround/solution for this without having to switch to Prometheus AjaxPanel?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
9 answers
887 views
I'm trying to implement tooltips to links in a datalist, but it doesn't even seem to be trying to work.

I've read, re-read and scoured the demos and forums to no avail.
Steps I've taken;

1) Add a ScriptManager to the page.
2) Add a Tooltip to the page.
3) Set the TargetControlID.
4) Set IsClientID to true
5) Try to run the page.

It's not throwing any errors, just simply not showing up.
More info available as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
5 answers
421 views
Is EnableViewState required to use custom paging and data binding? If I set EnableViewState to false,  RadGrid1_NeedDataSource always sets CurrentPageIndex to 0.

I have seen some help pages that say ViewState is NOT required for paging (and custom sorting).

I have seen other articles (for ASP.NET RadControls) that say set DataSourcePersistenceMode of the grid to NoPersistence to reduce the footprint.

Basically I want to reduce the VIEWSTATE (I do not want any of the data stored in VIEWSTATE -- it is created in the RadGrid1_NeedDataSource when needed.
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
152 views
When you are docking to a target the outside of the new target has a 1px black dashed border and i would like this to be red. How and where do I change this?

Thanks
John
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
188 views
I am using a radtreeview that is L.O.D. Using client side method select(), I select a node. It hightlights so I know it is working. What is doesn't do is follow through on the NavigateURL. Is this what you intended? If so how do I go about it?

Thankyou.
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
1 answer
128 views
Essentially I have the "My Portal" demo running only with the CurrentDockStates list stored in a database. I dynamically load some user controls as per the demo. How can I access the dynamic user controls client side? I am using this code within the user control's file:
var SomeControl = $find('<%= SomeControlID.ClientID %>');   
The client ID is given but SomeControl is null.

Thanks.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?