Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
159 views
I' using a custom skin in my tooltip object like this this example:
http://www.telerik.com/help/radcontrols/prometheus/?ThemesHowTo.html

In this example, all tooltips objects in my page using the custom skin.

Now I need another tooltip using a embedded skin in the same page.
How do I do this?

Thanks,
Fabio Wada
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Feb 2008
3 answers
179 views
i found the following thread on the forum from a couple of years ago (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-cmgba.aspx).

In it, the possibilty of adjusting the width of the custom links tool as well as changing the default ("Custom Links") text on a case by case basis (rather than across the whole app) were discussed.

I was wondering if either of these items had been implemented as i could find some utility for both.

Cheers!
rob
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Feb 2008
7 answers
434 views
Hi!

I'm using visual studio 2008, framework 3.5 and the new version of prometheus

I have a RadGrid but I get the next error:


Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI Version=2007.3.1218.35,
culture=neutral PublicKeyToken=121FAE78165BA3D4 or one of its dependencies'

I have the same error with all the controls of this version.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Feb 2008
3 answers
182 views
I have a formtemplate, inside i have a listbox with id of PriorityType and a textbox with ID = title

so I thought I could populate these when you press the edit button with the itemdatabound event, but this doesn't seem to do anything.  Do I need to somehow hook up the databinding elsewhere besides here?  Does ajax through a wrinkle with the databinding?  I'm at a loss as to why nothing shows up when I hit edit.  Are there examples on custom forms that don't use usercontrols?

protected

void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Item is GridEditFormItem && e.Item.IsInEditMode)

{

GridEditFormItem editFormItem = (GridEditFormItem)e.Item;

TextBox tb = editFormItem.FindControl("Title") as TextBox;

tb.Text =

"HELLO";

ListBox lb = editFormItem.FindControl("PriorityType") as ListBox;

lb.Items.Add(

"HELLO");

}

}

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Feb 2008
2 answers
206 views
Is it possible to add additional columns to the rad grid if the grid columns are being built automatically (by setting the property AutoGenerateColumns)?

I have a dynamic grid which in most cases it is fine to leave the automatically generated columns, however in some instances, I want to hide an automatically generated column and replace it with a drop down column for example (this column should function correctly in edit mode as well)

What is the best approach? Should I just add a drop downlist control to the cell of the particular column? Or should i create a whole new column?
EmpowerIT
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Feb 2008
3 answers
266 views
I've been racking my brains trying figure out how to build a particular type of grid. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish: I want a grid with a selection check box that when clicked populates a user-modifiable RadNumericTextBox control with a value from one of the other columns. The user must be able to modify the value after clicking and then on posting the whole grid I want to store the values that have been entered.

I tried using the GridClientSelectColumn along with some GridTemplateColumns but was unable to get it to work. I then tried using a GridTemplateColumn with an Html checkbox like so:

            <telerik:RadGrid ID="Foo" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" 
                GridLines="Horizontal" Width="100%" AllowMultiRowSelection="true"  
                AllowAutomaticDeletes="false" 
                AllowAutomaticInserts="false" AllowAutomaticUpdates="false"  
                OnNeedDataSource="Foo_NeedDataSource"> 
                <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="Key" CommandItemDisplay="None"   
                    TableLayout="Fixed" ShowHeader="true" Width="784px" EditMode="InPlace"> 
                    <Columns> 
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="Allocate" HeaderText="Pay?"> 
                            <HeaderStyle Width="35px" /> 
                            <ItemStyle Width="35px" HorizontalAlign="Center" /> 
                            <ItemTemplate> 
                                <input id="AllocateEdit" type="checkbox" onclick=""  /> 
                            </ItemTemplate> 
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                         
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="AllocatedAmount" UniqueName="AllocatedAmount" 
                            HeaderText="Amount"> 
                            <HeaderStyle Width="75px" /> 
                            <ItemStyle Width="75px" /> 
                            <ItemTemplate> 
                                <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="AllocatedAmountEdit" runat="server" Type="Number" Height="15px" 
                                    Width="65px" MinValue="0" MaxValue="2147483647" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="0" 
                                    DbValue='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "AllocatedAmount") %>'> 
                                    <EnabledStyle HorizontalAlign="right" /> 
                                </telerik:RadNumericTextBox> 
                            </ItemTemplate> 
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                         
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Amount" HeaderText="Amount" ReadOnly="true"> 
                            <HeaderStyle Width="200px" /> 
                            <ItemStyle Width="200px" /> 
                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                         
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="OtherStaticDataColumn" HeaderText="OtherStaticDataColumn" ReadOnly="true"> 
                            <HeaderStyle Width="70px" HorizontalAlign="Center" /> 
                            <ItemStyle Width="70px" HorizontalAlign="Right" /> 
                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                    </Columns> 
                </MasterTableView> 
                <ClientSettings> 
                    <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" /> 
                </ClientSettings> 
            </telerik:RadGrid> 

Yet, I could not figure out how to determine the item that was selected. Any suggestions? The idea would be that a user on checking one or more of the checkboxes would have the system default  a value into the RadNumericTextbox which they could then change. After they were done, they'd post all of their changes via a button.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
2 answers
305 views
I have a normal master table, and I need to add a number of detail tables to this. Each detail table is a many-to-many relationship to the master table, so i have junction tables in between them.

How on earth do i set up the grid to show me the detail tables, using the junction tables, and all of that using separate sqldatasources? (I started out with ALL the tables in a single sqldatasource, but even the master won't work correctly then with it's large number of lookup drop downs, etc).. I have to admit that the RadGrid has me pretty much scratching my head 24/7 by now, been jumping through too many hoops to get things to work right, quite frustrating!

The documentation, samples and demos are pretty much useless in regards to most 'more advanced' uses of the RadGrid as well. It is costing me way too much time to get things done, even delete and update of records in the master didn't work right because of the sqldatasource generating entirely incorrect SQL (which one does not expect).

I literally have NO clue what i am doing with that property builder (which 'forgets' datasources all over the place, sometimes does see the columns but usually not, NEVER sees columns in detail tables with a diffferent datasource (which it, of course, forgets most of the time), setting the datasource in the builder doesn't update the datasource at all, etc). It naming detail tables after the datamember is ridiculous as well, since there is a 'Name' property..

This too seems 'incomplete', too many 'basic' things not working as they should or are completely illogical.

I am starting to get extremely frustrated with Prometheus by now, if RadControls for ASP.NET didn't have 5 zillion dll's and massive amounts of external scripts, skins, etc I would try that, but i fear it'll just result in the same thing.

I really don't get what is so hard to simply hang the complete database to a grid, it automatically resolving all the relationships and creating all the detail tables automatically, while, of course, allowing on to select what to show and what not. Simple and straightforward, not doing EVERYTHING by hand like it seems RadGrid works now (which is not exactly 'Rad').
PureCode
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
4 answers
141 views

I have a context menu with submenus in a RadTreeView. When I hover over one item that has a submenu, the submenu opens but the OnClientContextMenuShowing event doesn’t fire. Is there another event I should be looking for? How can I handle the enabled/disabled states of the submenu items?

Thanks!

relper
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
2 answers
78 views
Hei!

I dont know why but if the scheduler tries to display appointments:

2008-02-12 10:00:00->2008-02-12 10:25:00

2008-02-12 10:25:00->2008-02-12 10:50:00

2008-02-12 10:50:00->2008-02-12 11:15:00

2008-02-12 11:15:00->2008-02-12 11:40:00

2008-02-12 11:40:00->2008-02-12 12:05:00

2008-02-12 12:05:00->2008-02-12 12:30:00

2008-02-12 12:30:00->2008-02-12 12:55:00

2008-02-12 12:55:00->2008-02-12 13:20:00

2008-02-12 13:20:00->2008-02-12 13:45:00

2008-02-12 13:45:00->2008-02-12 14:10:00

2008-02-12 14:10:00->2008-02-12 14:35:00

2008-02-12 14:35:00->2008-02-12 15:00:00

2008-02-12 15:00:00->2008-02-12 15:25:00

2008-02-12 15:25:00->2008-02-12 15:50:00

with MinutesPerRow set to the 25 (the duration of the event)  i got the error that :

"The parameters Hour, Minute and seconds are describing the DateTime element which can not be represented"

Can You check it? Maybe the MinutesPerRow * x = 60 ?

Thanks for answer
Radek
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
9 answers
336 views
Hi...Where is the "OnFileUpload" handler in Editor Prometheus?  I have a routine that reduces theimages uploaded that fired in the old editor when I went to upload an image in the image manager.

Thx

Scott
Scott Smith
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?