Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
139 views
Are there any immediate plans to have a prometheus version of the Tab Strip control?? Now that I am using Prometheus controls, i seriously hate using the old controls with all the damn files that have to be included in the /RadControls directory, so I try to avoid using them. 

Is there any plans to add the Tab Strip?
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
1 answer
150 views
I've built a grid that is fully populated on page startup, so it should be at maximum width, but is in a second pageview.  The first pageview allows the user to select columns.  I then iterate through the checkbox list and hide any column not checked.

What I'm finding is that prometheus will squeeze the columns to fit the window rather than add a scroll (client setting for allowscroll is set) and I can't get the scroll bar to show.

I think this is an issue with prometheus since I copied the page changed the assembly and prefix to rad controls (and removed the export setting) and found that the scroll bar shows up as expected.

Is there some additional setting in the prometheus grid that I'm missing
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
5 answers
240 views
Hello.
RadScheduler is great for our needs, but for editing appointments we use custom dialog, completely different from telerik's one.
So the question is is there any possibility to use the Recurrence Control in our own dialog?
Currently we have our own implementation of this control, but using Recurrence classes from Telerik.Web.UI.

I think it would be great, if one could use the whole control for this purpose.

Thank you.    
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
2 answers
135 views
I have 3 usercontrols in page. I use script manager for call web service in first usercontrol, but I have RadCombobox (Prometheus version) in third usercontrol and I want to use Ajax when change rad combobox for change value in text , I user ajax old version but not work then I change ajax from old version to new version still not work because ajax new version need to script manager which I use in first usercontrol already. How do I fix this problem?
Help me please
pum

ps. My 3 usercontrols I user control both telerik control old version and Prometheus version.
Waranya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
1 answer
79 views
I am sure I am missing something obvious, but any of the RadInputs from Prometheus I throw down and apply a width="235px"  all start out at approximately 125px, and when they get focus suddenly snap to the stated width.

The demonstrations' code all look the same as what I'm pumping out, yet the demos do not do that. Has anyone run into this issue at all, or know how to fix it?
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
6 answers
261 views
I'm checking out the Prometheus controls before updating my site from Q3 2007 SP1.

With the Prometheus RadGrid I see a problem that I encountered previously in RadGrid 5.1.0 but that you fixed with 5.1.1 SP1.

The problem is that Paging stops working after you have sorted a column. Please see this post regarding the problem in the non-prometheus grid. http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bbhagd.aspx

It appears that you have forgotten to move this SP1 fix to the Prometheus package.  The Prometheus version I installed for testing was with the RadControls_Prometheus_2007_3_1314_dev.exe.

Is there another hotfix I could apply to fix this problem in prometheus as well?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
1 answer
224 views
I've run across a strange issue when adding RadTreeViewContextMenus to a tree and I'm trying to determine if it's an issue with the telerik controls or something else. What I'm doing is creating a few context menus on Application_Start (in Global.asax) and adding them to a collection within an instance of a singleton. On Page_Load within my pages I'm retreiving these context menus and adding them to the tree as needed.

  1. The first time the page is built/loaded everything works fine and the context menus are added.
  2. If I refresh the page once, the code that adds the context menus completes without error, however at some point just after Page_Load there is an unhandled exception "Script controls may not be registered after PreRender."
  3. If I try to refresh the page after that TreeView.ContextMenus.Add() throws an exception "The control collection cannot be modified during DataBind, Init, Load, PreRender or Unload phases."

I have a project with a very stripped down example of the problem but it doesn't seem like theres a way for me to attach it here, so let me know if you'd like to see it. The full text of the two exceptions is below:

Exception 1

Script controls may not be registered after PreRender.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered after PreRender.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered after PreRender.]
   System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptControl(TScriptControl scriptControl) +269
   System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterScriptControl(TScriptControl scriptControl) +99
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadDataBoundControl.RegisterScriptControl() +60
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +57
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +86
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

Exception 2

System.Web.HttpException was unhandled by user code

  Message="The control collection cannot be modified during DataBind, Init, Load, PreRender or Unload phases."

  Source="System.Web"

  ErrorCode=-2147467259

  StackTrace:

       at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.RemoveAt(Int32 index)

       at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Remove(Control value)

       at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)

       at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)

       at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.AddAt(Int32 index, Control child)

       at Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeViewContextMenuCollection.OnInsertComplete(Int32 index, Object value)

       at System.Web.UI.StateManagedCollection.InsertInternal(Int32 index, Object o)

       at System.Web.UI.StateManagedCollection.System.Collections.IList.Add(Object value)

       at Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeViewContextMenuCollection.Add(RadTreeViewContextMenu target)

       at _Default.AttachMenus() in e:\Source Control\<snip>\Default.aspx.cs:line 254

       at _Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\Source Control\<snip>\Default.aspx.cs:line 81

       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)

       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)

       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
2 answers
141 views
Instead of the default textbox I want to use a load on demand radCombbox as filter control. If possible how can I do that (I did not find a demo or example)?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
1 answer
179 views
Hi,

I am trying to set a default value in a textbox when a new row is inserted in the grid. 
I tried the code below, but that never passes the condition of the if-statement.. I am using the standard in-line editing.
 

Protected Sub gridActivities_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles gridActivities.ItemDataBound
    If (TypeOf e.Item Is GridEditFormInsertItem) AndAlso (gridActivities.MasterTableView.IsItemInserted) Then
        Dim insertItem As GridEditFormInsertItem = CType(e.Item, GridEditFormInsertItem)
        'getting the Textbox in the insert form using it's UniqueName
        Dim txbCategoryID As TextBox = CType(insertItem("intCategory").Controls(0), TextBox)    
        txbCategoryID.Text = Request.QueryString(
"Category")
    End If
End Sub

What am I doing wrong?

Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2008
2 answers
101 views
Client site added nodes: Just to let you know that sub-nodes to B must be added _after_ B is added to node A.. If not it works ok until you start unfolding – then you will get a null event add exception regarding  animation whether or not animation is enabled.
Anders Mad.
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?