Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
181 views
I have problems using the RadAjaxManager (or RadAjaxManagerProxy) in web parts using the methods for programmetic creation described in the
documentation.

What I basicly want is to use the RadAjaxManager to ajaxify a RadGrid control in a webpart.

I get the following error:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: page] Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(Page page) +119 Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxSettingsCollection.AddAjaxSetting(Control ajaxifiedControl, Control updatedControl) +164

Is there an example using for using RadAjaxManager in a web part or another method for ajaxifying a RadGrid in a web part
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
4 answers
123 views
Hello!

I have one grid which I have to confiugre freely, so I need to add columns programmatically in "Page_Load". I need "GridBoundcolumn" and "GridTemplateColumn" to be added programatically. Can I do this and if so how?

Thanks in advance!
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
3 answers
203 views
We are using full featured RadEditor with custom styles. While we are able to apply the custom CSS styles to content and they do show alright on the display pages we don't see the content with right formatting in edit mode in RADEditor i.e. all content shows as basic text even though when you look at source it has the right CSS applied. Are we missing something basic here!! The very purpose of a Rich Text editor should be to show content in rich text while editing.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
5 answers
175 views
I notice that there is a capability to refresh the new RadComboBox control using an ASP.NET Ajax Web Service, is the same functionality going to be added to the grid or have I missed it somewhere?

Thanks,

Greg
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
3 answers
166 views
I have a client who requires the ability to manage dropdownlist orders.  I've created a database table with a 'Sort' field to initially capture it.  Now I'm researching a means to update the order.  I'm considering presenting the Name/Value pair in the order they're returned from the database in a RadDock.  Then the user could manually move the items around and click a save button to capture the new ordering (top to bottom).  I would like to know if you have any examples that demonstrate this functionality within a RadDock.

Thanks,

Jeff
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
3 answers
185 views
Hello:

I've been working with your schedular for a few days. One thing that I need is to be able to see the event details based upon an appointment/event a user clicks on (will be read-only).  I noticed the apointmenClick event, and I know I want to get the appointment's EventDescription WHERE @ID=EventID (or something like that). Then I want to display it in a label (me.lvlEventDetail.Text)

The issue I am having is as follows:

1. Is this possible?
2. If so, what would the syntax look like?

I had a thought to simply show the event detail in a table below the schedular, or (and I like this idea better) use RadTooltip to show event details and provide a link for registration.

I look forward to your response.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
2 answers
218 views
I have the following code-block, which works fine:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> 
            function HandleSliderValueChanged (sender, EventArgs) 
                { 
                    $find('<%= NumericTextBox1.ClientID %>').SetValue(sender.get_value()); 
                } 
             
        </script> 
     
        <telerik:radnumerictextbox id="NumericTextBox1" minvalue="1" maxvalue="50" width="20px" runat="server"> 
            <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="0" /> 
        </telerik:radnumerictextbox> 
         
        <telerik:radnumerictextbox id="NumericTextBox2" minvalue="1" maxvalue="50" width="20px" runat="server"> 
            <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="0" /> 
        </telerik:radnumerictextbox> 
         
        <telerik:radslider id="RadSlider1" OnClientValueChange="HandleSliderValueChanged" minimumvalue="1" maximumvalue="50" runat="server" /> 
        <telerik:radslider id="RadSlider2" minimumvalue="1" maximumvalue="50" runat="server" /> 

It works like this: When I pull the top radSlider, it updates the numeric textbox with the value from the slider. This is cool - although, consider a scenario like the above, where I've added the second radSlider and a second numeric textbox. I would now like to use the same client-side eventhandler for this.

But as it shows, the ClientID for the textbox is hardcoded in the javascript (<%= NumericTextBox1.ClientID %>) and I can't figure out how to pass on the reference to the textbox to the eventhandler. I was thinking something like
OnClientValueChange="HandleSliderValueChanged('<%= NumericTextBox1.ClientID %>')" 

and then retrieving this in someway in the eventhandler.

Any suggestions or solutions to this will be highly appreciated! Thank you for your time and your great webcontrols.
Emil Hjordt Jensen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
5 answers
221 views

Hi

When setting appointments serverside – is it possible to deny the user the possibility to edit/delete/move an appointment?

I have seen that a way might be to cancel the appropriate events – but wouldn’t it be smarter to be able to set some “access/restriction properties” serverside per appointment?

/Flemming Rosenbrandt

Josh Winkler
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
20 answers
502 views
Using VS2008 on a .NET 2.0 website project, RadMenu control on a form gives me this error at design time:

Failed to create designer 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenu, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1218.20, Culture=neutral...'

For RadDatePicker I get this:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version..."

They both work at runtime though. Telerik.Web.Design is loaded in the GAC with the same version it shows in the error. The only reference to anything Telerik in web.config is for Telerik.Charting (<add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763"/></assemblies>)

Any thoughts,
Thanks.
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
2 answers
115 views
It appears that in the latest update for Prometheus, the skin Blue was removed. Was this on purpose? Will it be re-added back? I had a lot of pages that used this skin and they all threw an exception that the skin could not be found.

Thanks,
Jay
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?